What's the state of class balance?

Benfea

I just got back into the game after a hiatus, so I'm curious about how things stand.

What classes are most in demand for group PvE content? What classes are easiest in solo PvE? What classes excel at PvP?

Eventually, I hope to level up a character in each class, so yeah, I'll eventually find out for myself, but call me impatient if you will. I'd like to hear the opinions of others.

2.0 will be coming in less than 2 weeks which will ultimatly change everything due to class rebalancing.

In pvp as it stands Operatives and sorcs are the main healing classes,

Smash warriors and Pyro PTs rule the dps land, and sin/jugg tanks are the best node gaurders.

Carnage maras are usually only brought for predation vs another hard dps.

Snipers are very good right now but not on the lvl that PTs and Smashers are but will be extremly viable in 2.0 as well as vengance juggs.

Basically for ranged dps, stay away from mercs and sorc,

for healing, mercs are on bottom

Tanks, PT/Vangaurd is on bottom

and for melee dps, operatives are on bottom. But all are still hella fun to play and will be getting changes here and there.

So to answer like i should. Play what you like not what is currently good, because balance is in a state of flux with the xpac launching.

PVP: Roll 4 MM snipers, two operative healers, and two jugg/sin tanks. Snipers have no good counter and are extremely overpowered in pvp due to their burst damage, range, and utility. Operative healers are still going to be the best for pvp. It is now a good strategy to roll 2 tanks because they can shield force/tech direct damage now, and juggs and sins have the best utility/survivability in WZ's.

Operations: Its still best to bring a combination of snipers and marauders for dps. They still put out the most damage and have the best utility. I would recommend 2 snipers/ 2 marauders or 3 snipers / 1 marauder. For heals, I would recommend a combination of sorc and operative/merc. One to focus on raid damage, the other to focus on tank healing. For tanks, I would recommend having one assassin and one Jug.

Edited by bbare

Are you for real?

I've been out of the game for a long time. Why is my question strange? I don't quite remember which Imperial classes correspond to which Republic classes.

Edited by Benfea