Still broken? - no regulators since patch 2.0.1

Wolvereen

I feel bad for the people with no success, but I've managed to get 35 Thermal Regulators since 2.0.1 dropped with only 2 slicing toons. I got 18 of them over last weekend.

Update: Last night I got 14 more Thermal Regulators.

Note, I'm only running the Rich / Bountiful missions (3000cr+). My slicers are a Trooper and Jedi Knight. There are 2 tech parts missions and 2 lockbox missions that I run. If they're not all there (i.e. too many the poor missions on the list), I kick off all 5 available slicing missions (whatever they are) log out, log back in, and the refreshed list always has the good ones.

I've not once run any tech parts mission below Rich / Bountiful.

Some of us are still getting zero how is that fixed?

Sorry, but your corroborating evidence is where? I posted several screenshots showing that it's critting. The GTN is full of them, indicating that people are having success. I'm not trying to be a d-bag at all, but I have seen no concrete evidence to the contrary. Just unsubstantiated claims such as running "over 150 missions in a few days and none were a crit".

There are 2 possibilities.

1: Either the missions are critting at the correct rate. Which given the amount of missions I run through the week across several characters, I believe this is correct. But that means a lot of people are blowing the crit rate severely out of proportion, possibly with the intent of getting the rate increased again despite the detriment to the economy. I believe this is the case, based on the number of people claiming to have run 150+ rich missions in the 4-5 days after the patch with zero crits. I run on 7 characters and only do the rich missions. Playing a couple hours a night after work, that means I can run 14 missions a night. Monday through Friday, that's only 70 missions. I can play a few hours more on weekends, so let's say 4 trips on Saturday and Sunday. Together, that's 126 missions. Unless you have more slicers than I do, run the missions 24/7, or both, I find it hard to believe that so many people are running that amount of missions in just a few days. Let alone that many results with no crits, on something that has been proven to crit :rolleyes:

2: This really is broken in some way that only affects some users. I have a hard time believing this, especially since no concrete evidence has been brought forward. Sorry, but claiming how many missions you have run without a crit is nothing more than heresay. Bring some real, measurable evidence and you'll have a case.

I really think this is a case where people perceive a problem that does not exist. After the patch fixed the artifice bug with reverse engineering color crystals, I loaded up my main. Dropped a million credits and started REing. Including the ones I bought when they were available on the vendor, reversed 13 crystals at a 20% chance. No schematics learned. Was I p-----? Of course. Did I come to the forums claiming it was broken? No, of course not, because there was direct evidence that it was functioning correctly.

Turns out, the same day right after I got those 3 crits on one set of missions, I felt lucky, bought one crystal, reversed it and got the schematic. At the same time, I literally had to reverse over 20 level 8 stims on an alt before I got the prototype version.

Just keep running the rich mission. You'll get your thermals.

Managed to get 1 mission to crit, awarding 2. Which took 3 days, of running missions as many times as I could.

Also comment that the GTN is flooded with these, sure all from the same small handful of people. All for stupid prices, if they are this common why are they so expensive? And why is it only about 4 people with 20 of them for sale each.

Also comment that the GTN is flooded with these, sure all from the same small handful of people. All for stupid prices, if they are this common why are they so expensive? And why is it only about 4 people with 20 of them for sale each.

The Harbinger has 20 pages, with almost 40 different sellers ATM. Also, ponder this: a purple grade 9 mat that isn't farmable in the world has more listings than a grade 9 green scavenging mat that is!

And seriously about the prices? Pre-patch, they were almost 100K and they're down to 45ish now. That's over a 50% drop in a week. AKA, supply/demand. There is more supply now so prices are much lower. With the amount of credits awarded by quests at max level, they are really not that expensive. And you can always farm them yourself if you don't like GTN prices.

The Harbinger has 20 pages, with almost 40 different sellers ATM. Also, ponder this: a purple grade 9 mat that isn't farmable in the world has more listings than a grade 9 green scavenging mat that is!

And seriously about the prices? Pre-patch, they were almost 100K and they're down to 45ish now. That's over a 50% drop in a week. AKA, supply/demand. There is more supply now so prices are much lower. With the amount of credits awarded by quests at max level, they are really not that expensive. And you can always farm them yourself if you don't like GTN prices.

Clearly we all need to farm them on 7 different toons, I have 1 character with 450 slicing. I'm sorry that I don't get them, falling like rain for me.

Clearly we all need to farm them on 7 different toons, I have 1 character with 450 slicing. I'm sorry that I don't get them, falling like rain for me.

I don't know what to tell you. Time spent vs. reward.

I have 2 toons with slicing. I don't have a lot of playtime. Despite this, I have 49 Thermal Regulators in my bag, with 13 augments in my gear already.

Before 2.0.1 I got terrible returns from slicing. After 2.0.1 I got good returns.

Are you only running the Rich / Bountiful slicing missions? Or do you also run the others (<2500 cr). What about the lockbox missions? I've gotten three 450 slicing crew missions from lockboxes, which (as of 2.0.1) return a decent amount of Thermal Regulators (6 on a crit)

Edited by Khevar

I have 2 toons with slicing. I don't have a lot of playtime. Despite this, I have 49 Thermal Regulators in my bag, with 13 augments in my gear already.

Before 2.0.1 I got terrible returns from slicing. After 2.0.1 I got good returns.

Are you only running the Rich / Bountiful slicing missions? Or do you also run the others (<2500 cr). What about the lockbox missions? I've gotten three 450 slicing crew missions from lockboxes, which (as of 2.0.1) return a decent amount of Thermal Regulators (6 on a crit)

I have all but stopped crafting and my wife has done so entirely. So now my cadre of 450s sit idle and I just can't make mysefl run them. My wife and I were crafters and that was an important part of our play pre 2.0, but neither of us find any desire to do it any longer.

I have gotten a number of thermals which are now sitting in my cargo hold. The returns are nothing like pre 2.0. Much fewer crits and many more failed missions do not add up to sucess. I think that by now everyone knows not to run moderate and abundent missions. I did run a number of lockbox missions that resulted in wealthy slicing missions but when I ran them I got two thermals back with each, so gave up there. Just pityful.

I am happy for your rng luck but unfortunately it is being shared by few.

After about two years away, I just resubbed to WOW and am finding roaming the countryside in all directions and seeing the full life that has been built in while on my flaming steed is relaxing. Bunny rabbits hopping, cows roaming and mooing, birds flying overhead, and mice scampering while I tap a node is nice. It is also nice to be able to roam in every direction, explore a little, and not be in areas where the mob density is over 500 per square inch.

Best to you.

Edited by asbalana

It's still broken! Have spent quite a large sum of credits since the patch running bountiful and rich missions . Have all legacy crafting, maxed affection and slicing crits and still nothing. Same thing on treasure hunting, investigation, diplomacy. Only thing I get any return on is Underworld (Beryllius) but I am running three toons on missions for those and a total of 8 toons running all missions continuously. Getting frustrated, tired, fatigued and down right discouraged. Have never experienced this kind of let down in crafting on any game before. Please fix this!

I like to see that some people are saying slicing is fine just because they themselves aren't having problems, and I love how people that aren't getting thermal regulators are being accused by some of trying to manipulate crit chance and GTN by making Bioware raise de crit chance... But on the topic, With other professions I don't have any problem in getting the purple mats, but on slicing since 2.0 I only got 8, and yes I have companions max affection and all that. I only have 3 companions doing the most expensive tech part missions (HK-51 and Scorpio for more crit) and still nothing, in fact some of the missions dont give any material at all. And so that you have an ideia, I've spent around 400k in this missions only to get 8 thermals... If that is "fixed" am gonna stop doing them... Just as a pointer prior to 2.0 I used to have the same 3 companions doing the same thing an I would get at least 1 crit from each time I got the 3 to work.... and now its almost pointless.

PS: I know people with the same problem...

since 2.01 im sending comps on mission too all maxed didin't get 1 from slicing mission talked to friends they say it works fine for them but tbh before the patch i did get 4-5 a day naw not 1 for past few

I like to see that some people are saying slicing is fine just because they themselves aren't having problems, and I love how people that aren't getting thermal regulators are being accused by some of trying to manipulate crit chance and GTN by making Bioware raise de crit chance... But on the topic, With other professions I don't have any problem in getting the purple mats, but on slicing since 2.0 I only got 8, and yes I have companions max affection and all that. I only have 3 companions doing the most expensive tech part missions (HK-51 and Scorpio for more crit) and still nothing, in fact some of the missions dont give any material at all. And so that you have an ideia, I've spent around 400k in this missions only to get 8 thermals... If that is "fixed" am gonna stop doing them... Just as a pointer prior to 2.0 I used to have the same 3 companions doing the same thing an I would get at least 1 crit from each time I got the 3 to work.... and now its almost pointless.

PS: I know people with the same problem...

They didn't even change the chance to crit, they increased the yield on a critical success. Big difference. And I'm sorry you feel accused. But the only thing the naysayers have is heresay. And I still think people are greatly overstating the apparent problem. People think there is a problem, take it to the forums, and a bunch of people say "me too".

I really am sorry people are having bad luck. But there is no direct evidence that there's a problem. There is direct evidence that it's working. I went through a series of missions 3 times with no ceits since the patch. Dropped 75k creds with no return. Crits happened before and after this. A string of bad luck is not the same thing as broken.

They didn't even change the chance to crit, they increased the yield on a critical success. Big difference. And I'm sorry you feel accused. But the only thing the naysayers have is heresay. And I still think people are greatly overstating the apparent problem. People think there is a problem, take it to the forums, and a bunch of people say "me too".

I really am sorry people are having bad luck. But there is no direct evidence that there's a problem. There is direct evidence that it's working. I went through a series of missions 3 times with no ceits since the patch. Dropped 75k creds with no return. Crits happened before and after this. A string of bad luck is not the same thing as broken.

I am the first to admit that it may be just bad luck, but you can't assume that slicing missions are fine just because it seams to work as intended for some people, the opposite is also true, meaning that if some people are having problems that is an indication that it may not be working as intended. And as we all painfully know, Bioware bugs are abundant and selective, meaning that some experience said bugs and others don't. And correct me if am wrong, aren't the forums used to discuss this kind of stuff and help Bioware get hints of what may be wrong? I mean, at the end of the day this is a game we all love and want it to be good, so I think that even with the chance of being wrong its good to discuss this stuff.

PS: just after my 1st post I got 2 crits (with 4 thermal regulators each) out of 5 missions... it may just be bad luck... but in the case its not I wanted to make Bioware aware of a possible problem...

I am the first to admit that it may be just bad luck, but you can't assume that slicing missions are fine just because it seams to work as intended for some people, the opposite is also true, meaning that if some people are having problems that is an indication that it may not be working as intended. And as we all painfully know, Bioware bugs are abundant and selective, meaning that some experience said bugs and others don't. And correct me if am wrong, aren't the forums used to discuss this kind of stuff and help Bioware get hints of what may be wrong? I mean, at the end of the day this is a game we all love and want it to be good, so I think that even with the chance of being wrong its good to discuss this stuff.

PS: just after my 1st post I got 2 crits (with 4 thermal regulators each) out of 5 missions... it may just be bad luck... but in the case its not I wanted to make Bioware aware of a possible problem...

For sure, and I'm usually all over EAWare and vocal when a feature is broken or they do something they don't like. The problem with this vs some of the other bugs is there's no way to prove the claims of people saying it doesn't work at all. I can't prove that it's working 100% correctly. But through my own observations (which are documented in screenshots), it appears to be working. I can't figure how on so many characters, it works fine me but some people are claiming 150+ missions with no crits.

I still think it's a combination of 2 things. One is bad perception due to low sample sizes, coupled with the loud complaints on the forums. Admittedly, I have a lot more slicers than most players. So my sample size in missions is a lot higher. In turn, I see more successes in less time and there is no apparent issue. At the same time, thinking something is broken is contagious. People read about an issue and start thinking they have the problem too. Second, and this is not meant as an accusation, but I think some people (intentionally or not) are distorting the truth or incorrectly reporting their numbers. There is no way of putting it nicer, but this is human nature. When we want something, we want it quickly and have a tendency to overstate the problem to try and make it happen sooner. So people, don't take that one personally, it's just that nothing else makes sense to me with the evidence in hand.

Really, I just want this issue to be put to rest like everyone else. EAWare could solve this right now by confirming "working as intended" or "broken, but we don't know why". That would be better than nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
Adding my findings: Progenitor server / 20+ slicing missions in 3 days, 450 skill in slicing. Companions at max (10K) affection, crew skill crit bonus at max. 2 regulators, on the latest mission. It seems a low hit rate, even if you include the vaguries of the RNG. I'd be better off using the time doing dilies, and using the cash to buy the tihngs, TBO. Not complaining as such, just adding data -but it's gonna be a long haul to outfit 3x 55s with mk-9 augments which were all purpled a long time ago....