APAC issues forgotten in state of game 2 post

Sildanar

Jeff Hickman has just posted his second State of the game blog post.

No mention of APAC issues at all, though there is a mention that the servers are "rocking".

here's the link

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102

Is that it?

Here was the perfect opportunity to address our issues. I was expecting finally to see our reply and the solution provided for our pop issues in this post, but we got zip!

Perhaps the character transfers coming later this year are their solution or are our servers "rocking" like Jeff says..

Your thoughts?

Jeff Hickman has just posted his second State of the game blog post.

No mention of APAC issues at all, though there is a mention that the servers are "rocking".

here's the link

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102

Is that it?

Here was the perfect opportunity to address our issues. I was expecting finally to see our reply and the solution provided for our pop issues in this post, but we got zip!

Perhaps the character transfers coming later this year are their solution or are our servers "rocking" like Jeff says..

Your thoughts?

What is wrong with these people that they cant address fundamental issues that are stopping people from enjoying the game, with solutions that they have already implemented (server merges) in other areas.

its makes ZERO sense, its incredible and sad at the same time that after 160 pages 1600 posts 100000 views (chippys consolidated apac concerns thread) this didnt get another mention, even though when it was mentioned in state of the game #1 the criteria for re-assessment was f2p launch, F2p launch has not saved our server (Master Dar'nala)

ea/Bioware. we just want you to do your jobs. with integrity , transparency, and a genuine focus on the customer.

I am a hardcore gamer. but this has been the last bioware/EA product ive brought in the past 14 months. the way consumers have been dealt with just because of their geographical location and player base, has steered me away from your products. I dont think its been a conscious choice, im just aittle bitter about the way you deal with people who effectively pay your salary/wages, which is sad. because you produce great games.

Edited by falcon_Xtreme

From North America to APAC:

Ouch. Here's to hoping the SW:TOR team will listen to it's playerbase in 2013.

From APAC to North America:

If things don't pick up here, expect to see us soon. Lol.

Edit: Oh after reading the blog myself, it didn't seem too bad. Focusing on Warzones, fixing Illum and starting Ranked seasons is good news. But TBH top priority for them should still be paid transfers, i want to move toons between US servers, move a couple to APAC and im sure many others in the same boat. Bioware is missing out on some seriously easy cash, it's ridiculous.

Edited by Weeeeee

everyone must accept that they will do nothing for us. and choose your path

its all propaganda, deceptions and illusions, the tricks of the dishonest and desprate

Thought you were going to start rapping just now.

Hahaha tupac the 2nd right there

It is an absolute joke. **** him and EA/BW.

Unsubbed, they won't get another dollar from me.

Will miss you all and to BOSS I will log in tomorrow to say my farewells before I uninstall :(

Understand it is a bit frustrating but bit of an overreaction to unsub and uninstall over a state of the game post.

As plenty of others have said unsubbing unfortunately does not make any difference to Bioware, they have people subbing and unsubbing everyday.

Perfect example being when they pulled the release of ranked the day before 1.3(?) and as a result subs plummeted from what was over 1 million subs. Did they suddenly address ranked to get a large revenue stream back? No.

I'm not too sure about imp side atm but from a pub perspective, the population is far from booming but certainly decent enough compared to what it has been in the past. Last 2 nights 84 and 94 50's peak time which is is far from ideal but you can pvp.

By now people should have realised that we just have to deal with it and hope they merge the servers eventually or worse case scenario wait till feb/march for server transfers and as a whole APAC community decide where to go.

Honestly, if you're not enjoying the game (and pvp) then unsub and go do something else that you get more enjoyment out of, plenty of us have done it and taken a break but returned with a bit of perspective and enjoy the style of pvp swtor has to offer.

By now people should have realised that we just have to deal with it and hope they merge the servers eventually or worse case scenario wait till feb/march for server transfers and as a whole APAC community decide where to go.

They said that transfers wont come in until the second half of the year, first half will only be transfers to the PTS.

Edited by Antiskeptic

Understand it is a bit frustrating but bit of an overreaction to unsub and uninstall over a state of the game post.

As plenty of others have said unsubbing unfortunately does not make any difference to Bioware, they have people subbing and unsubbing everyday.

Perfect example being when they pulled the release of ranked the day before 1.3(?) and as a result subs plummeted from what was over 1 million subs. Did they suddenly address ranked to get a large revenue stream back? No.

I'm not too sure about imp side atm but from a pub perspective, the population is far from booming but certainly decent enough compared to what it has been in the past. Last 2 nights 84 and 94 50's peak time which is is far from ideal but you can pvp.

Honestly, if you're not enjoying the game (and pvp) then unsub and go do something else that you get more enjoyment out of, plenty of us have done it and taken a break but returned with a bit of perspective and enjoy the style of pvp swtor has to offer.

I know what you're saying but it's a lot of things that lead to my decision. The state of the game post was the last straw, I mean they put SGR ahead of our issue which is absolutely pathetic imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Received following email today after back and forth with automated response until I got this:

"I am sorry to hear that your feedbacks, and suggestions are just being "ignored" in the forums or Suggestion Box. I understand that this is concerning about your request for Asia Pacific merge.

We would like to help you out on this matterr however, we, the Customer Service in-game and telephone support, are not able to provide further assistance on this matter as all feedbacks and suggestions are being handled via the forums and Suggestion Box. Please also be aware that to be able to make contact with our development team, the Suggestion Box is the only channel avalable for you.

Thank you for your time and understanding, and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.

Should you need further assistance with any other concerns you may encounter while playing, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Emmanuel

Star Wars : The Old Republic Customer Service"

I've posted chippys thread in suggestion box as well. Maybe a dev will stumble across while the game is running.

There has been a response from Bioware in the Consolidated APAC server thread. They want the community's feedback and ideas on how to progress with this. I guess the last 150+ pages weren't enough for them Edited by orpheus

There has been a response from Bioware in the Consolidated APAC server thread. They want the community's feedback and ideas on how top progress with this. I guess the last 150+ pages weren't enough for them

tbh the past 150+ pages has all been full of rage, most of it wasn't constructive well though out feedback/ideas. I'm happy with their response.

For those of you who are interested:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5732756#edit5732756