Unicorn Stampede has a legit ranked team.

totherkins

Hey guys want to throw this out here unicorn stampede has a group for ranked warzones we will be queing at around 8:00 pm till 10:30 pm EST on Wed and/or friday if any of the guilds would like to come out for some friendly competition it would be more than appreciated!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!

Actually for one of the first times since rolling over here MONTHS ago US actually got an organised and competitive team out in ranked.

Would like to thank all those who we played. Particularly the defeat of the night against Uncen. 10-0 Alderaan Grrr!

SO close!

Haha, but yeah, we are constantly looking at ways to improve and learned from that close game against you guys things we need to do better ;)

Be ready for the stampede next time ;):p

Yay!

Actually for one of the first times since rolling over here MONTHS ago US actually got an organised and competitive team out in ranked.

Would like to thank all those who we played. Particularly the defeat of the night against Uncen. 10-0 Alderaan Grrr!

SO close!

Haha, but yeah, we are constantly looking at ways to improve and learned from that close game against you guys things we need to do better ;)

Be ready for the stampede next time ;):p

GREAT JOB GUYS!

Keep up the teamwork and you all will be a force in this server power play.

IMPS REPRESENT!

That Civil War was indeed very close! I had no idea you guys had stepped up your game to that level. I should've been on my marauder since we had 3 healers, but I was too happy to finally get to play my sniper with uncensored full group. I still need practice with the non-mm specs. It was fun to see orbital and probes everywhere though, since the 3 snipers in that game were engineering!

Also, that game really show again the importance of having a carnage marauder. I can't help but to think it's a shame the game was decided by half a second though... I forgot to look at the kills but I know you guys put up a real good fight.

That Civil War was indeed very close! I had no idea you guys had stepped up your game to that level. I should've been on my marauder since we had 3 healers, but I was too happy to finally get to play my sniper with uncensored full group. I still need practice with the non-mm specs. It was fun to see orbital and probes everywhere though, since the 3 snipers in that game were engineering!

Also, that game really show again the importance of having a carnage marauder. I can't help but to think it's a shame the game was decided by half a second though... I forgot to look at the kills but I know you guys put up a real good fight.

Great game guys yea 3 snipers was definitely interesting and yea it makes me rethink the path I took to cap the node and be like could i have cut off half a second lol. But, we look forward to face you guys in the future!

I forgot to look at the kills but I know you guys put up a real good fight.

Kills were pretty close if i remember correctly, i think we might have just edged it in overall kills maybe but It was hard to be sure as I said it was pretty close.

But it's the Big W that matter in the end.

Yeah, what toth said, we'll see you again ;)

Our next night with our ranked team Echo is wed 7.30 est if you guys are running let us know in the imppvp channel.

And yeah, we are actively trying to improve our teamwork and such and rise to be the force we promised when coming to this server many moons ago haha

You guys do have a legit ranked team congrats !!! and i've figured out your formula here it goes....

Step 1. Get a small group of atrocious players to reroll from a pvp server like the fatman for example to a pve server , canderous ordo for example.

Step 2. Hit 50 and recruit players of your low skill who you think are good but in reality are not like shatterman and pjb for example but its an extensive list none the less , remember children just because you think you're good doesn't mean you really are.

Step 3. Proceed to talk loads of crap and make claims of takin over pvp before you even test the waters.

Step 4. Lose numerous ranked warzones , get put in your place and become a pve guild.

Step 5. Super q in regular wzs for months because a 4 man premade isn't enough to pull of a win if you're in unicorn stampede ( don't forget to repeat step 3 minus the claims of taking over pvp because at this point you've failed)

Step 6. Wait for combatmedic and the pvp community to try and revive the dead ranked scene by putting together and encouraging ranked pvp play with kickball style pick up groups.

Step 7. Proceed to reform a ranked team because now lethal dose fifty isn't around to farm us they're busy playing ranked pugs and we can beat some of the ranked pugs if we form a ranked group with every crutch in the game, 4 smashers and bubble stun should do the trick ( repeat step 3 here after we win especially if we see cm's pug team)

*Important procedure to follow make sure to spread rumors that lethal dose fifty don't q ranked because they lose to uncensored on a regular basis (when in fact we win 80 % of the time we play them if not more)

Edited by donthedondon

You guys do have a legit ranked team congrats !!! and i've figured out your formula here it goes....

Step 1. Get a small group of atrocious players to reroll from a pvp server like the fatman for example to a pve server , canderous ordo for example.

Step 2. Hit 50 and recruit players of your low skill who you think are good but in reality are not like shatterman and pjb for example but its an extensive list none the less , remember children just because you think you're good doesn't mean you really are.

Step 3. Proceed to talk loads of crap and make claims of takin over pvp before you even test the waters.

Step 4. Lose numerous ranked warzones , get put in your place and become a pve guild.

Step 5. Super q in regular wzs for months because a 4 man premade isn't enough to pull of a win if you're in unicorn stampede ( don't forget to repeat step 3 minus the claims of taking over pvp because at this point you've failed)

Step 6. Wait for combatmedic and the pvp community to try and revive the dead ranked scene by putting together and encouraging ranked pvp play with kickball style pick up groups.

Step 7. Proceed to reform a ranked team because now lethal dose fifty isn't around to farm us they're busy playing ranked pugs and we can beat some of the ranked pugs if we form a ranked group with every crutch in the game, 4 smashers and bubble stun should do the trick ( repeat step 3 here after we win especially if we see cm's pug team)

*Important procedure to follow make sure to spread rumors that lethal dose fifty don't q ranked because they lose to uncensored on a regular basis (when in fact we win 80 % of the time we play them if not more)

Sounds like someone is a little butt hurt ;)

Congrats on getting a competent team together, it's what the server needs for proper competition. Hopefully more guilds will follow your example and we can once again having a thriving competitive guild v guild ranked scene.

Okay so your talking about this "group of players" of which I think only 3 people on our ranked team were originally from the Fatman, everyone else was from Juyo/CO i believe so stop being a server(ist) :p

Maybe we should only recruit people with an elitist attitude then we can be a dying guild like yours where there's barely anyone on.....or we can recruit many people who enjoy PvP and run regs with them ...you know... for fun...seeing as its a game..... and take the best for our rank and raids? Isn't that how a real guild works?

Again we talked about this, I basically called up your idiocy for judging an entire guild because you got trolled by Troyy and Guun. I mean i don't hate all LD50 because you trash talk.....because i don't prejudge people like you. I never even spoke to you once before you decided to call me things in /say that aren't forum appropriate and were probably bannable offences. You are no better than the trash talkers yourself.

You have a weird definition of numerous. I personally have played maybe 3 games in ranked against full LD50 teams? Fair enough I lost them but even still, hyperbole much? yes we do PvE, we still do, just because when new PvE content comes out and we play the new content does not mean we were "put in our place".... again this is you being a fool.

So apparently people can't play with their friends now according to the almighty CMD, yes people in my guild solo queued, and yes even with full queues they might lose games here and there, I've never claimed everyone in our guild is a Top PvPr, if they want to super queue let them, i mean a half decent pug on your side should be able to beat them.

So you're some kind of messiah now apparently? We did exactly what you're doing now back on Canderous Ordo, with kickball style ranked, the only difference is we didn't let our pug teams go into ranked against your A team to be farmed. Which then resulted in a much catalogued torrent of abuse towards our guild and our forums. SO don't try and pretend that you're the first one to do this and we somehow "ruin" it for you.

Not sure where to start with this wall of ridiculous text. Here goes. We formed a ranked team because I got my finger out and organised it, you obviously have some ego issues if you think everything we do revolves around your guild. We had 1 smasher, who even goes tank if necessary. and 1 bubble stun. yet again, ridiculous hyperbole. The only person who trash talks you from our ranked team is shatter as far as I'm aware and that's and issue between you and him. Our ranked team has a strict no /say policy so shatter was spoke to about that. Maybe you should follow suit seeing you have a trigger finger whenever it comes to /say .

That was actually a try hards member that said that when you gatecrashed the Imppvp channel to stir stuff. Get your facts right. But seriously dude you need to chill out. And if it bothers you so much we'll be on next wed at the same time. Do something about it.

Much love,

Xil

Sounds like someone is a little butt hurt ;)

Congrats on getting a competent team together, it's what the server needs for proper competition. Hopefully more guilds will follow your example and we can once again having a thriving competitive guild v guild ranked scene.

Yeah I'm beyond diagnosing his issues.

Yeah we will be queuing every Wednesday and will see what we can get together on Fridays , although fridays nights might be more of a B team. But yeah you're right, we relish the chance to test our skills against uncen and hope to build a reputation similar to what you guys have managed, ( and hopefully stampede you if we can :p haha)

Much Love ,

Xil

Just throwing this out, we've never tried to play a full LD group against any of the pugs we've made. The closest thing was when Uncensored decided they were ready to play with themselves, that we formed and tried to work it out so the pugs would not queue for a few moments so we could play Uncensored.

There's no joy in beating on pugs!

I'm the first to admit i've trash talked a lot in the past and i've tried to change my ways because it was reflecting badly on myself and my guild. But in the cases of trash talk you're speaking of towards your guild is because of the stuff i mentioned in my troll post which you of course missed the point in and towards shatterman who told your guildies personal stuff which was then used against me by people like troyy pjb etc.. I clearly love this game, look at all the time i spend on it and my trash talk / troll posts towards unicorn stampede are me voicing my opinion and many people on this servers opinions of your guild as far as the ranked situation and regular warzone super q'ing. Your definition of fun might be unfair bully play in my opinion can you agree somewhat ? When you super q in a regular warzone you're ruining the game experience for the people against you. As far as my original point for my post in this thread , get a clue there was no ranked q's , i've sat there many nights in q with a full ranked team and only q's we got were either stopped after we beat the random team we encoutered or we got word from someone in uncensored they wanted to play otherwise no q's were popping. As far as our elitest guild dying ? we have enough to q for a solid ranked team pretty much any day of the week read this post for further clarification http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=587241 . So i'm clearly frustrated with the guilds deciding to q up against our pugs because there was barely any q's for months and now all of a sudden people wanna q ? But at the same time ld 50 was being accused of killing the ranked scene , i don't know what else i can do to help the pvp / ranked scene at this point.

Xilriso you seem like a level headed guy and i'm sorry if i came at you guns blazing if you want to talk in game and squash this its fine but hopefully you and others will understand that all i'm doing is trying to bring a little life into ranked because i love this game and will understand that stomping our pugs will discourage people. Maybe we can work out a schedule of some sort to make this all work ?

CM great post, the second one. I find that my guild Uncensored has some issues with the pug teams too. If I'm not mistaken the pugs teams are running 5 days out of 7. That is essentially stopping Uncensored from queing as a guild and getting the highest form of competition (if other full guilds would queue, not playing against pugs). When I made my ranked warzone ideas thread, I wasn't expecting kickball nights to happen this often so this problem never came to mind to me. I was also hoping the kickball nights would motivate players so step up their game and queue full guild. I don't want kickball night to stop. In fact, even if we consistently had 5-6 different full guild queuing, I think everyone would still enjoy mixing it up 2 days per week. But, the situation isn't good enough yet to stop doing pug ranked group.

Now, of course, you are the one running the show on pub side, and I am grateful for it. I try to do the same on imp side, which mostly result in getting only 1 pug team usually composed of a mix of teamluckyseven and transcendant players. Furthermore, I do not think Unicorn Stampede is doing this to roll pugs, you must keep in mind imp side is a hell lot weaker then pub side and that some of the good players aren't always willing to help the pug group I make 1 or 2 days per week. Also, we said that "weaker" guild can queue full to improve. Now I think Unicorn has reached a point when they shouldn't be considered a "weaker" guild, like Teamluckyseven.

-----------------------------------------------

Hmmm what I wrote isn't really clear so this will be the actual important part. I think we should reduce the number of days pug ranked is being done OR agree on some days the guilds that can queue full can queue without being resented against. I have been called out by Yuri about that and I understand why he would be upset about me queing with full Uncensored last monday. Also, since imp side is weak(both in quality and quantity), it is harder for imp side to do pug group so Unicorn can hardly not queue as a full guild.

Anyway, I'm posting this from class at university, during the break, so I don't have term to write something more cohesive, but I absolutely do not want ranked wz to go wrong again, I'll do anything I can to help, here I'm trying to talk about some factors that I feel have not been taken into account enough.

Dear CM and pub pug ranked teams,

We are queing once a week on wednesday for 2-3 hours. This is just the time everyone is able to be on. Are goal is not to pug stomp as much it may seem that way cause of the kickball style ranked groups going on.

Honestly I would rather face uncensored, ld50 or even repub strikes back in ranked. In those games we learn more from it and we are trying to get back into the competitive seen so you guys if you are in a full guild group do not have to be waiting on a que. But at the moment we have one day out of 7 days that we que if you feel that is harsh just que up with ld50 or try and organize a day of full guild groups.

Seane from TL7 and llyle from uncensored i think have put together imp pugs on multiple occasions to que against your pugs from my knowledge.

Ultimately CM and ld-50 i dont mind you guys at all, a lot of you seem cool and honestly you are the only one i really know that talks **** to a point where people don't like you.

THIS RANKED GROUP is ultimately the best we got that want to pvp. And I thought I have told you at least once or twice that we want to face you guys or uncensored. But if it wasn't clear before please que up against our group!