Crafting Materials tab in Legacy Storage

Brewski

One thing I had been kind of hoping for in legacy storage is a crafting materials tab. That is to say, one tab specifically designed for storing just crafting materials. Instead of the standard 80 open bank slots, it would instead have one slot dedicated to each type of crafting material in the game. In addition, you would probably need a much higher stacking limit. Say 999 instead of the current 99.

Honestly, I'd pay a good chunk of change for that tab, even if I had to incrementally purchase higher stacking rates. (99 for the basic tab, with each boost adding 100 additional mats to the limit.) I think that would make organizing legacy storage boatloads easier, and would make it worth a lot more. (To me anyway.)

I could see the same type of thing being applied to other item types as well. Companion gifts for one, and stims/medpacks/xp boosters/etc. for another.

What do you guys think? Would this be a good thing?

Someone played some original Guild Wars back in the day, methinks.

Why yes, yes I did. :)

And yeah, I think exactly that would be awesome for Legacy Storage. It'd certainly save me a boatload of time.

I don't remember how materials worked in the first Guild Wars as it's been a very long time since I played, but I would love to get a mat system like they have in Guild Wars 2. One click and you can deposit all your materials in a shared storage. Every material gets its own dedicated slot too, so you never have to worry about organizing it. Would be such a huge upgrade from our current system.

I don't remember how materials worked in the first Guild Wars as it's been a very long time since I played, but I would love to get a mat system like they have in Guild Wars 2. One click and you can deposit all your materials in a shared storage. Every material gets its own dedicated slot too, so you never have to worry about organizing it. Would be such a huge upgrade from our current system.

That's sort of how it worked in GW.

In GW, we got shared storage right out of the gate (Xunlai Chest), with the ability to add additional tabs in later years. As part of one of those updates, they added a crafting material pane which allowed for storage of all the crafting material available in the game up to a stack of 250 (the default max stack size in the game). Unlock the other panes, which were just empty slots, the material pane had a specific slot for each different material, and only the mats could be stored there.

It had a tab in your account storage with a place for each type of material. You could just drag mats to the tab and it would put it in the right place for you. It was very convenient. GW2 went a step further in that. Too bad that GW2 was so much worse as a game than GW1 when it comes to atmosphere, story, voice acting, combat and skill system, endgame approach, awesome loot, gvg etc etc...but the storage functionality was definitely a step forward.

It had a tab in your account storage with a place for each type of material. You could just drag mats to the tab and it would put it in the right place for you. It was very convenient. GW2 went a step further in that. Too bad that GW2 was so much worse as a game than GW1 when it comes to atmosphere, story, voice acting, combat and skill system, endgame approach, awesome loot, gvg etc etc...but the storage functionality was definitely a step forward.

I heard they made some improvements in recent month on GW2, but I have not checked back in since I am too busy playing SWTOR. On topic: yes I would like that! BioWare should learn to do it like Blizzard, taking good ideas from other games and if possible make them even better for your game, not trying to copy WoW and that often poorly like so many other games do and even BioWare did for quite some time with SWTOR (at least with GSF and GSH it seems that BioWare has given up only to copy WoW features).