Enough of exploiting ranked warzones

NamikazeNaruto

Ahahahahahahaha...

>.< so lemme get this straight, all the whiners in the "Premade's ruin normal wz's thread" tell premades (groups of 4 mind you) to do ranked, but if we're in ranked and too good...

>.< We're suppose to either be weaker, or not play ranked. Ya'll need to just admit you are the ones who don't want competition.

It's working as intended. Poor matchmaking is causing people to stop queuing for PvP. It's more or less what killed ranked warzones and what is now slowly killing normal lvl 50 PvP. If good premaders don't understand what they are doing is killing PvP I don't even know what to say. It's not really their fault though, it's bioware's fault because they lack the competence to even attempt to fix PvP. Let's just hope F2P bring some new cannon fodder into PvP.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on my server it has gotten to the point where other ranked teams refuse to face the guild I am in ranked warzones. Now not queueing is one thing... but these guys queue in 2 sets of eight. The purpose of this is for them to face each other. Ok, that's all fine and dandy too, but if either of these two teams happen to be in a queue against us, they don't even play the game. None of them even enter the ranked warzones. So the past 3 days my teammates have had the majority of our games be empty ranked warzones. We just stand there for the entire game because there is noone to fight. At the end, we get ranked comms but pretty much no rating whatsoever. The other teams don't seem to care if they lose points as long as they can avoid facing us. Bioware, isn't there some way you can fix this?

no point in doing rwz against you guys when no one on the other team will get more than 4 medals (and most of those are guard medals). its not worth the comms and to put up with the trolling you guys do

also, idk if you didnt notice but you've recruited almost all the best pvpers on the server. There is not enough people left to create a competitive rwz team to play against you (at least pub side). If you want ranked, play in guild... you have enough people (or are your egos too fragile to take losses?)

Edited by Dartmoose

It's working as intended. Poor matchmaking is causing people to stop queuing for PvP. It's more or less what killed ranked warzones and what is now slowly killing normal lvl 50 PvP. If good premaders don't understand what they are doing is killing PvP I don't even know what to say.

So good players aren't allowed to group with other good players or people boycott by avoiding queues/only playing each other/forfeiting when they get anyone besides themselves? I can't really recall any other pvp type game I've played where this ever happens. However, I do recall in every team PvP game that good players almost always want to group with other good players. As you said though, it's Bioware's fault I suppose.

So good players aren't allowed to group with other good players or people boycott by avoiding queues/only playing each other/forfeiting when they get anyone besides themselves? I can't really recall any other pvp type game I've played where this ever happens. However, I do recall in every team PvP game that good players almost always want to group with other good players. As you said though, it's Bioware's fault I suppose.

It's up to you if you want to scare off everyone else from RWZ. It's not encouraging for people new to RWZ to be stomped by veterans. It's not like you'll learn anything from being 3-capped and farmed at the respawn. They'll do 1 or 2 such warzones and then just stop trying. You can't actually want such one sided fights either if you are doing it for the competition. I can only see one solution to your dilemma and that's to either unsub, wait for x-server or do something about the RWZ situation like other dominant guilds have done on other servers. For example splitting up you A-team and inviting new people to balance out the teams. Hop on alts if you are afraid of losing rating. Then slowly hope you build a stable RWZ community.

maybe it had different reason?

This happens also on my server The red eclipse . they "farm" ranked comms. Its cheating, first round win first team, second round is winner scond team.

They get everytime as much medals as possible for short time etc ... My guild dont support this and i kick every1 who is involved.

I wish I can find a group on my server to do this, make sure we all get 8 medals and swap wins for like 20+ games

Actually no, we don't really get hardly any rating for standing around, because none of them even enter the game. Hence we usually stand around for 10-15 minutes just to get 1 rating at the very most, for that game. There are times we do not get to play at all because all the teams are purposely avoiding us, even if it means forfeiting the match and losing their points, while we gain 1 point.

You really think BW intended for a particular group of people to not be able to play anyone in ranked because everyone would rather lose their rating outright than try and play against them? I'm saying that those on the republic side just do a /who "Our Guild Name" when they get a ranked queue, and if they see us vanish from the fleet, or if they see some other way that we just got a queue, none of that team will enter the ranked match, which is why we get 1 point.

So you really think it's fair that our guild hardly ever gets to play ranked because 75% of other ranked teams avoids us like the plague, even at the expense of losing their own rating. Meanwhile we stand on the fleet all night or in empty warzones while others get to play ranked against each other.

Thats the price of being awesome man. If the New England Patriots kept going to the local park to play pick up games with HS kids, eventually they would show up to an empty park.

You can make the game more enjoyable for your opponents without throwing the game, if your pride demands you 3-cap, then their self-interest demands they avoid you. Maybe that's something to think about as a guild. If you are so good that winning is a foregone conclusion, maybe you are good enough to control the pace and flow of the game in it's entirety. Should you "have" to? Probably not. But people definitely do not "have" to play against you if they don't want to.

It's up to you if you want to scare off everyone else from RWZ. It's not encouraging for people new to RWZ to be stomped by veterans. It's not like you'll learn anything from being 3-capped and farmed at the respawn. They'll do 1 or 2 such warzones and then just stop trying. You can't actually want such one sided fights either if you are doing it for the competition. I can only see one solution to your dilemma and that's to either unsub, wait for x-server or do something about the RWZ situation like other dominant guilds have done on other servers. For example splitting up you A-team and inviting new people to balance out the teams. Hop on alts if you are afraid of losing rating. Then slowly hope you build a stable RWZ community.

Read this OP, and learn.

Seriously, this is supposed to be a multiplayer game. Running around the 4th grade playground beating up kids when you're in a gang of 8th graders makes you a childish *****. Doing the same thing in RWZ's makes you appear the same, and people are smart enough to avoid this.

Who on earth would want to lose that hard, that often? The other players are NOT there for you to smash on. Help them get better, or just play against yourself.

Read this OP, and learn.

Seriously, this is supposed to be a multiplayer game. Running around the 4th grade playground beating up kids when you're in a gang of 8th graders makes you a childish *****. Doing the same thing in RWZ's makes you appear the same, and people are smart enough to avoid this.

Who on earth would want to lose that hard, that often? The other players are NOT there for you to smash on. Help them get better, or just play against yourself.

We're all (most of us) grown adults here.

<.< Ya know, I'm usually a democrat... but this stinks of welfare. I -almost- get the crying in normal wz's, but this is ranked.

The OP is not describing a dead queue. He's describing two teams forming and entering ranked to get the ranked comms (Ranked Loss is still more normal comms than a normal win) and then leaving/avoiding his team, who are doing everything right. They are formed up, organized, and want to play.

That this is even acceptable, and that people are trying to blame it on his team for being good is beyond belief. If you enter ranked, you fight whatever team is there. If you lose, you lose. If you can't handle losing, go back to normal. The fact that ranked is dead (besides being harder to start) is a sign of how terrible most of the players are in this game. Sucks, but I guess being Star Wars has pulled in more of the fan boys/girls than the actual MMO players.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

We're all (most of us) grown adults here.

<.< Ya know, I'm usually a democrat... but this stinks of welfare. I -almost- get the crying in normal wz's, but this is ranked.

The OP is not describing a dead queue. He's describing two teams forming and entering ranked to get the ranked comms (Ranked Loss is still more normal comms than a normal win) and then leaving/avoiding his team, who are doing everything right. They are formed up, organized, and want to play.

That this is even acceptable, and that people are trying to blame it on his team for being good is beyond belief. If you enter ranked, you fight whatever team is there. If you lose, you lose. If you can't handle losing, go back to normal. The fact that ranked is dead (besides being harder to start) is a sign of how terrible most of the players are in this game. Sucks, but I guess being Star Wars has pulled in more of the fan boys/girls than the actual MMO players.

Well you are guilty of arranging just the same so I'm not sure you can have a moral high ground here. As for the death of ranked it is because of a too low population and non-existent matchmaking. When I play corporation football (corporation sports is more or less a Swedish sports movement) with friends I don't expect to meet a premier league team. One could argue that RWZ is the premier league but that would simply mean we need more "leagues" or match making based on ranking. No one is going to watch, enjoy or bet on a match everyone already knows the outcome of before it starts.

No amount of training for that matter ever going to get our corporation team into premier league. It's not like every football team out there plays in premier league now do they? However people can still compete against teams that have comparable skill level. People are going to watch, bet and enjoy such matches. The cream of PvP doesn't get instant pops? Yeah that's because you are awesome and there aren't many out there that ever is going to become as good as you even with dedicated training. Just like real life and football.

Well you are guilty of arranging just the same so I'm not sure you can have a moral high ground here.

Difference with what my guild does:

We form one team and queue. If nothing pops, we form 2 teams with a few friends and play (if able, sometimes it's buggy or we don't have 8 other people to add to our 8)

If another team enters the queue, we fight them. If they're good, we remove the 8 friends and form our orginal ranked team.

We do not enter ranked and then leave/avoid another team so our two teams can farm each other.

<.< Should probably comprehend something before pointing fingers. Your point about football has nothing to do with ranked, it more applies to normal wz's (which are a community playground really. You have no control over who uses it.)

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

If able I'll play anyone anytime, and accept that I'm no where near the best pvper, but not everyone has that attitude, and the issue really comes down to personal awareness/sportsmanship. I'm not saying lose on purpose, I'm saying from Ebon Hawks experiences with ranked there comes a time the best ranked teams should take their foot off the gas for the sake of the que.

I've never been that top dog in ranked, but I know from running premades in normal, escpecially from the slow que days back on Shien, that there comes a time to give pugs a break. Say you've run to the data core in around 3:30. If the que is slow and your fighting pugs, giving them (wink wink slow response from side to side) the first door will at least give them some hope and maybe they'll still que. Stonewalling them or 3 capping and spawn farming in novora and civil just kills the other teams desire to continue. Give them hope/show respect for them and the chances they'll reque go up drastically.

I know that's not what hyper competitive players want to hear but that's what it will take to maintain a heathly pvp que.....

(know that absolutely nothing I've said here refers to full rival teams, go all out and burn them, that's what rivalries are all about.:D)

So a merk that wants to do ranked should be forced to fight against a lolmara. I mean seriously fighting the best of the best, best at rolling fotm? You cant call somebody best if he is plaing mara, because he has so many defensive cooldowns that surviving compared to a merk is easy mode and doing damage ... well anyone who thinks lolsmashspec is hard needs some serious help. So yeah why should a team full of merks for example want to play against a team full of warriors.

This game is chock full of pvp imbalance. We all know this, at least all of us who have played more than just one or two classes/specs competitively. Clearly team build is going to have a huge impact on team strength, then toss in player skill/knowledge levels, gear, communication, and players who play together ALL the time vs players who rarely do. Obviously the best ranked teams are going to take advantage of all of the above.

Is it fair? Of course not. But that's why it's ranked, it's meant to be the most dedicated pvpers competing. Not, "Hey, letz make a pug to getz more commz! Herpaderp!". If people don't like that, they have every right not to do ranked warzones. Trying to make it the other way around completely defeats the purpose of having a ranked queue in the first place.

If you want pvp imbalance fixed, somehow get some dev attention paid to it, don't screw over rwzs for the players it was designed for.

The fact that a common suggestion seems to be for these good teams to somehow "gimp" themselves for RWZs is mind-boggling.

MIND

BOGGLING

It's like telling Sandy Koufax to pitch right-handed

that's definetly not what I'm saying. Baseball isn't the best sports analogy iimo, so let's use basketball.

Say a team is up 35 with 4 minutes to play, do they keep the starters in and keep pushing the fast break tempo, or is it considered good sportsmanship to sub some back of the bench guys and slow down the pace a little.

No trying to lose, not even gimping yourself, just realizing that you've already won and there is no need to embarrass the other team.

Remember i said I'll play anyone anywhere, anytime, but that to me is the issue with many people not taking part in ranked. They could maybe live with losing, but getting embarrassed and humiliated causes them to stop queuing.

Say you've won civil war with a 3 cap (pnr reached) pull defense off of one turent..... Don't just spawn camp....

even when we disagree, I find much of value in your replies. this, however, misses the major issue. while it's true that nobody wants to get stomped over and over again, so on and so forth, the fact of the matter is that ranked is the only way in which you can control team composition (i.e., all 8 players on the team). thus, it's the only possible way of manufacturing relatively even (i.e., competitive) matches. If you draft two teams from a 16 player pool, it doesn't matter if they're fully optimized, uber skilled or the opposite. you can still create a competitive match. you cannot do that in regular queues, and you certainly cannot do that in rated (at least not on my server). so unless you want a crapshoot (I'd say 1 in 10 in my experience) at landing in a competitive (close) WZ, then this is how you do it. as for the lone team that sits in queue all night and rofl stomps anyone who faces them, well..."frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

************ about this is no different than ************ about premades, so I do hope those who mock the logic of the premade QQ aren't also the ones backing this QQ. or at least acknowledge the hypocrisy of it.

even when we disagree, I find much of value in your replies. this, however, misses the major issue. while it's true that nobody wants to get stomped over and over again, so on and so forth, the fact of the matter is that ranked is the only way in which you can control team composition (i.e., all 8 players on the team). thus, it's the only possible way of manufacturing relatively even (i.e., competitive) matches. If you draft two teams from a 16 player pool, it doesn't matter if they're fully optimized, uber skilled or the opposite. you can still create a competitive match. you cannot do that in regular queues, and you certainly cannot do that in rated (at least not on my server). so unless you want a crapshoot (I'd say 1 in 10 in my experience) at landing in a competitive (close) WZ, then this is how you do it. as for the lone team that sits in queue all night and rofl stomps anyone who faces them, well..."frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

************ about this is no different than ************ about premades, so I do hope those who mock the logic of the premade QQ aren't also the ones backing this QQ. or at least acknowledge the hypocrisy of it.

=P I actually wrote that on about 3 hours of sleep, so maybe I wasn't clear but:

I would put it this way... using Ranked Wz's like this is an exploit of the system. The system is intended for an 8 man team to face another random premade 8 man team. As it's ranked, it has rating attached, as well as a ranked comms as a reward. Purposefully avoiding other teams to face a specific other team is an exploit. Not that I can entirely blame people for using it, the system itself is just bad.

Likewise, a purposeful double premade in normal is an exploit. I like premades, I think everyone should group up if they can, but the system is designed to only allow 4 people in the queue. If you are purposefully getting a double premade in normal, it's an exploit of the system. Once again... can't really blame them though, the system is bad.

Where I took issue, and maybe I'm just crazy (<.< I don't see dead people, thanfully), is when people blame the team who isn't exploiting, and simply trying to play properly (and well it seems) for the reason why people choose to exploit. "PuG's are bad" isn't a good excuse to try and double premade, and "You're too good" is a poor excuse for abusing the ranked system.

/endrant =P

Wow, what the heck is this? The entire point of a ranked war zones is to compete against the best of the best...

Saying meh, we're going to lose anyway so lets leave this queue and start another with our guildies isn't competing. It's giving up, and those people have no right to even be allowed into ranked games in my opinion. They need to add an hour+ long deserter buff to people who leave a triggered rwz queue.

If you can't take losing, don't compete. Go back to the regular queue and dominate fail pugs all day so you can try and feel better about losing.

Bahahahaha that is such an elitist comment. Dude when you have 5 of the 8 guys on your team trying to get geared for ranked WZs going against the best is not "going against the best" it's feeding the already fat lions yet another serving of meat. F that! My job as PVP lead is to get my guys geared so we can have a "REAL" match against the best. So until then QQ and be patient. We'll get geared soon enough then we'll really have fun. Until there is some sort of ranking system and cross server que you'll see this happen all the time. And if BW doesn't add these features you'll be standing around anyway because nobody will be PVPing.

Difference with what my guild does:

We form one team and queue. If nothing pops, we form 2 teams with a few friends and play (if able, sometimes it's buggy or we don't have 8 other people to add to our 8)

If another team enters the queue, we fight them. If they're good, we remove the 8 friends and form our orginal ranked team.

We do not enter ranked and then leave/avoid another team so our two teams can farm each other.

Whatever makes you sleep at night. I'd say it's still win trading since the other team mates will eventually bail out if you don't keep the matches fair (according to an earlier post by you). What you are doing shouldn't be rewarded since it's a gray area and you are probably using the system in a way it isn't actually intended. I guess we need some official BW feedback on that one. If it's allowed they could just allow training matches without rewards where you can pick your opponents.

<.< Should probably comprehend something before pointing fingers. Your point about football has nothing to do with ranked, it more applies to normal wz's (which are a community playground really. You have no control over who uses it.)

Learn to read. I did say that perhaps you could say that RWZ=Premier league. Let me do some math. In Sweden we have around 260k licensed football players. The highest league consists of 16 clubs. Every team fields 11 players plus 3-7 replacements. That means around 300 people are competent enough to compete in the highest league. That means out of the total population of licensed football players only 0.1% fit in with the absolutely best.

Now if you assume that the same percentage in this game is that good at PvP we have a problem. I heard estimates that there are about 30k players on my PvP server. That means around 30 people or 3.75 teams can actually compete on the highest level on the server (checking my server forums there are currently 5 teams trying to queue for RWZ every night so I guess it's a pretty good estimate). It's not strange that RWZ is devoid of life when you just don't have the population to support that high level play. That means that the chances are high that the a new team trying out RWZ will face a team way out of their league. When that happens they drop down to a league they can compete in.

My point being is that we need x-server queues and proper matchmaking. I don't know how starcraft does it but I doubt a person at the bottom of the ranking will meet the number 1 in a ranked match no matter how long the queue times are. I don't think that player will learn much by facing the number 1 except how to lose very fast.

My point being is that RWZ will continue to be the same faces

Edited by Theodulus

two teams that want to play each other on a dead queue (except for the one elite grp) changes nothing. the elite team would be in queue against thin air either way. I suppose you could call it an exploit, except declining a queue counts as a loss, which direclty affects one's rating. so if they're arranging matches while a 3rd team is in the queue, then they either A) aren't doing it to bolster their rating, or B) are doing it to inflate their rating and have no clue how ratings work.

rated, at least on my server, is no longer the place for the elite to test themselves. the elite either moved on or joined the one guild that constantly sits in queue. the system is broken. no matter how bad one team is, they're GOING TO END UP AGAINST THE ONE ELITE TEAM IN QUEUE, and they're going to end up against them 90% of the time. matching in a rated system is designed to produce balanced matches, isn't it? I thought it was. if you need to exploit the system to do it, then I say so be it.

my last rated adventure was a couple days ago. it was mostly my guild + 3 pugs. it took about an hour to put the team together. another pug from a lesser guild also entered the queue. it was CW. we wrecked them. it wasn't a contest. our gm was bored to tears. it wasn't fun. we felt sorry for the other pug and (most of us) left their node alone.

the one elite guild got wind that someone was in q and put a team together. the other pug stopped Queueing. we met the elite guild in hb, and they wrecked us. *shrug* we decided that we could tolerate one more *** whupping before giving up on rated. so we went into NC and it took the other guys a while to cap south, but there was no moving them off a node once they had it, so that was that. 100-0. nobody else is in queue. fighting the other guild is futile. ok. great. well...rated queues are over and done with again. So that's 60 minutes of organization for ~30m of action, 23m of which were completely lopsided.

if the goal is to have fun - and that is my goal - then it's more than just winning. rofl stomping the pug wasn't fun. getting pwned by the other guild isnt't fun. drafting two teams to play each other is fun. it's only bad for the rating whore who can't farm rating on ppl that have no business playing him in the first place. until the system is miraculously fixed - I doubt it ever will or can be at this point - I think manufacturing 8v8s is the way to go.

btw: this wasn't always the case. the state of rated has changed on my server. it used to be just the opposite and ppl actively dodged certain guilds to inflate their rating. I don't think that's the case anymore. frankly, what's-her-face doesn't play anymore, and all the remaining good players from her guild are in the top guild now anyway. the top imp guilds went away. it's not elite's dodging elites to inflate their ratings anymore.

Thats the price of being awesome man. If the New England Patriots kept going to the local park to play pick up games with HS kids, eventually they would show up to an empty park.

You can make the game more enjoyable for your opponents without throwing the game, if your pride demands you 3-cap, then their self-interest demands they avoid you. Maybe that's something to think about as a guild. If you are so good that winning is a foregone conclusion, maybe you are good enough to control the pace and flow of the game in it's entirety. Should you "have" to? Probably not. But people definitely do not "have" to play against you if they don't want to.

Well said Crim.

two teams that want to play each other on a dead queue (except for the one elite grp) changes nothing. the elite team would be in queue against thin air either way. I suppose you could call it an exploit, except declining a queue counts as a loss, which direclty affects one's rating. so if they're arranging matches while a 3rd team is in the queue, then they either A) aren't doing it to bolster their rating, or B) are doing it to inflate their rating and have no clue how ratings work.

rated, at least on my server, is no longer the place for the elite to test themselves. the elite either moved on or joined the one guild that constantly sits in queue. the system is broken. no matter how bad one team is, they're GOING TO END UP AGAINST THE ONE ELITE TEAM IN QUEUE, and they're going to end up against them 90% of the time. matching in a rated system is designed to produce balanced matches, isn't it? I thought it was. if you need to exploit the system to do it, then I say so be it.

my last rated adventure was a couple days ago. it was mostly my guild + 3 pugs. it took about an hour to put the team together. another pug from a lesser guild also entered the queue. it was CW. we wrecked them. it wasn't a contest. our gm was bored to tears. it wasn't fun. we felt sorry for the other pug and (most of us) left their node alone.

the one elite guild got wind that someone was in q and put a team together. the other pug stopped Queueing. we met the elite guild in hb, and they wrecked us. *shrug* we decided that we could tolerate one more *** whupping before giving up on rated. so we went into NC and it took the other guys a while to cap south, but there was no moving them off a node once they had it, so that was that. 100-0. nobody else is in queue. fighting the other guild is futile. ok. great. well...rated queues are over and done with again. So that's 60 minutes of organization for ~30m of action, 23m of which were completely lopsided.

if the goal is to have fun - and that is my goal - then it's more than just winning. rofl stomping the pug wasn't fun. getting pwned by the other guild isnt't fun. drafting two teams to play each other is fun. it's only bad for the rating whore who can't farm rating on ppl that have no business playing him in the first place. until the system is miraculously fixed - I doubt it ever will or can be at this point - I think manufacturing 8v8s is the way to go.

btw: this wasn't always the case. the state of rated has changed on my server. it used to be just the opposite and ppl actively dodged certain guilds to inflate their rating. I don't think that's the case anymore. frankly, what's-her-face doesn't play anymore, and all the remaining good players from her guild are in the top guild now anyway. the top imp guilds went away. it's not elite's dodging elites to inflate their ratings anymore.

i agree with your post. balanced teams are honestly the only way to make rwz fun and productive. otherwise, it takes far too much effort for little reward (and i hate putting up with the trolling they do). i kinda miss that other guild... no one is left to call out ld50

wouldnt be a bad idea if we coordinated these rated wz with you

This was an issue on my server, The Harbinger, about 2 months ago. A guild was creating 2 teams and queuing ranked, then would drop out if they faced a team other than their own.

I can defend creating 2 ranked teams to farm comms. I have no problem with that. I can defend a ranked team being ticked off for having to sit through a full war zone because the other team bravely ran away.

But I can’t defend fleeing a war zone so that you don’t face tough opposition. I can’t fathom how anyone else can either. I don’t leave any war zone, much less a ranked one even when we have a disconnect.

On the other hand, I don’t know the OP or how they behave in their war zones, but I will say that when top PvP teams behave poorly, it absolutely is going to affect how other teams treat you. Are you 3-capping and then spawn-camping? Are you spam laughing? Do you score slowly to run up damage and healing numbers in Huttball? Do you act like jerks on your server forum? These are things people react to. In these cases, the way you behave brings about how they behave. I don’t condone what they might be doing, but in those cases I would understand.

If people don’t want to play you, it might not be because you are awesome players. It might be because you are terrible people.

As always, the answer to this problem can be solved by Bioware. Cross-server queues for both ranked and unranked PvP will make this argument moot. People are trying to form PUGs every night on my server to get ranked matches.

The fact that a common suggestion seems to be for these good teams to somehow "gimp" themselves for RWZs is mind-boggling.

They don't have to "gimp" themselves. But no one has to play against them, either.

If they're unhappy to hang out in empty warzones, well, the onus is really on them, because they are the ones crying about the status quo. That's how the real world works. Other players aren't going to suddenly discover a desire to be repeatedly stomped without a fighting chance.

Edited by stringcat

This was an issue on my server, The Harbinger, about 2 months ago. A guild was creating 2 teams and queuing ranked, then would drop out if they faced a team other than their own.

I can defend creating 2 ranked teams to farm comms. I have no problem with that. I can defend a ranked team being ticked off for having to sit through a full war zone because the other team bravely ran away.

But I can’t defend fleeing a war zone so that you don’t face tough opposition. I can’t fathom how anyone else can either. I don’t leave any war zone, much less a ranked one even when we have a disconnect.

On the other hand, I don’t know the OP or how they behave in their war zones, but I will say that when top PvP teams behave poorly, it absolutely is going to affect how other teams treat you. Are you 3-capping and then spawn-camping? Are you spam laughing? Do you score slowly to run up damage and healing numbers in Huttball? Do you act like jerks on your server forum? These are things people react to. In these cases, the way you behave brings about how they behave. I don’t condone what they might be doing, but in those cases I would understand.

If people don’t want to play you, it might not be because you are awesome players. It might be because you are terrible people.

As always, the answer to this problem can be solved by Bioware. Cross-server queues for both ranked and unranked PvP will make this argument moot. People are trying to form PUGs every night on my server to get ranked matches.

Well most of don't smack talk after the game, though I'm not going to say that is always the case. I will say though that we usually 3 cap in games if possible. I don't think we're doing it to be rude, we just like to play at our best and get the games over with as fast as possible so we can move on to the next game. Though maybe others from the server see it differently.

Well most of don't smack talk after the game, though I'm not going to say that is always the case. I will say though that we usually 3 cap in games if possible. I don't think we're doing it to be rude, we just like to play at our best and get the games over with as fast as possible so we can move on to the next game. Though maybe others from the server see it differently.

i've seen smack talk in game, after the game, in whisper form, and on server forums. and certain key members are worse than others (look at acorns). thats enough for me.