Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

NogueiraA

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop looking at mara's and powertechs for a few minutes. Look at snipers...

No, it's not a QQ thread, because I have 4 toons valor 60+ and a sniper valor 52.

Let's look at the defensive abilities sniper's have.

- Cover - You cant jump him.

- Entrench - immune of ALL control abilities, lasts 20 seconds... 20 seconds IMMUNE of all CC's, knockbacks, whatever... Force Shroud lasts 5 secs.. 45 secs cooldown.

- Debilitate - stun the target for 4 seconds, NOT breaks on damage. 45 secs coodown.

- Flashbang - stun the target for 8 seconds, breaks on damage. 1 min cooldown.

- Leg Shot - instant root, lasts 5 seconds, breaks if damage after 2 seconds... He can use leg shot, shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 16 secs cooldown.

- Shield Probe - Absorb damage for 15 seconds. 45 secs cooldown.

- Evasion - dodge melee and ranged atacks by 100% chance, lasts 3 seconds. 1 min cooldown.

- Ballistic Shield - deploys a giant shield reducing the damge taken for you and all allies by 20%, lasts 15 secs. 3 min cooldown.

- Cover Pulse - knocks your target to the moon, AND root 5 seconds. Breaks if damage after 2 seconds, he can shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 30 secs cooldown.

- Shatter Shot - Reduce the target armor by 20% for 45 secs. Inflicts Trauma for 9 secs and reduce all healing the target receives by 20%. 5 secs cooldown.

- Ambush knockback - Marksmanship has a 1 point talent: When Ambush strikes a target within 10 meters, the target is knocked back several meters.

So 11 defensive tools, a LOT OF damage, you guys know how much hurts each shoot from a sniper. He can kill you in 3 GCD.

Seriously Bioware, this class NEEDS a huge nerf.

"just LOS him"... No, melee class has no gap closer against snipers.

L2P? Ok, roll a melee and try to kill a sniper.

English i'ts not my first language, sorry for mistakes.

Thanks.

I play a Sniper and I don't feel overpowered at all, let me tell you. Because this is a ranged class, big shock, it does awesome ranged damage. Get close in my face, when my def cd's are on cd, and see for yourself how long I will last against your undying rage. Tankasins I especially hate because they can speed right up to me, taunt and reduce my damage by 30% then vanish and stab me in the back.

Or Scrapper Scoundrels or Concealment Operatives can wreak havoc on my HP. It's really easy to sneak up on a stationary Sniper, whereupon I can taste their yummy Acid Blade/Flechette Round empowered Shoot First followed by a nasty Sucker Punch/Flying Fists.

Each class has it's strengths and weaknesses (except for commandos/mercs they mostly have weaknesses). I was killed by melee more than once and I have killed quite a few snipers on my various melee characters. Snipers can be countered, just like every other class.

Want to cry about nerfing a class? I recommend starting with the 7k lolsmashers/sweepers.

I play a Sniper and I don't feel overpowered at all, let me tell you. Because this is a ranged class, big shock, it does awesome ranged damage. Get close in my face, when my def cd's are on cd, and see for yourself how long I will last against your undying rage. Tankasins I especially hate because they can speed right up to me, taunt and reduce my damage by 30% then vanish and stab me in the back.

Or Scrapper Scoundrels or Concealment Operatives can wreak havoc on my HP. It's really easy to sneak up on a stationary Sniper, whereupon I can taste their yummy Acid Blade/Flechette Round empowered Shoot First followed by a nasty Sucker Punch/Flying Fists.

Each class has it's strengths and weaknesses (except for commandos/mercs they mostly have weaknesses). I was killed by melee more than once and I have killed quite a few snipers on my various melee characters. Snipers can be countered, just like every other class.

Want to cry about nerfing a class? I recommend starting with the 7k lolsmashers/sweepers.[/QUOT

Your correct no nerf.

Knights/Warriors should be able to jump into an area right next to a Sniper/Gunslinger, just like a Trooper firing off a Mortar Volley.

pretty sure every melee AC can close the gap on snipers.

VGs/PTs cannot. we used to be able to do it with the sacrifice that it would fill up the sniper's resolve (cryo + harpoon), but BW apparently thought VGs/PTs should have nothing at all.

:D Small gripes, but seriously snipers are totally fine, they're a pure DPS class, so they need survivability just like sentinels and marauders, too, not to mention the useful utility that they bring.

uh.... the heck does this mean? any spec for dps is dps. an assault commando isn't going to be able to heal himself. it's just a cheap heal medal if he survives a fight. VG dpsers have very bad survivability. being a tank AC has no effect whatsoever on their survivability or dcds. why shouldn't they get the same treatment as a "pure dps class"? I'm not really taking issue with anything a sniper has (except VG is the only "melee" w/o a gap closer for them), but I'd like to understand the privilege of this "pure dps" logic.

OP- "I play a marauder, and the one class I can't insta-pwn without effort is the sniper, NERF!!!!"

Learn to use your speed boosts, stealth, LoS, distraction tactics and not just run across open fields at snipers. In the words of marauders for the last 6 months whenever anyone dares to suggest they're OP. "Get good, l2p, working as intended, etc..."

Also, we're a pure dps class that's supposed to do high damage. The damage done however is by no means too high or unfair. Take this as an example. I rarely get hit by 5K from a sniper or gunslinger now that my sorc is in 75% BM and 25 % WH. They'll hit me sometimes for 3-4 K but I can heal right through it. However, I still regularly get this message: defeated by force sweep 6995 damage...snipers aren't the ones needing nerfs. You don't see them doing 7K hits to well-geared people on a regular basis.

If its not about nerfing sent/mara its not worth space on the forums is it? wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean. You are a cry ***, and ill take a forum ban to say it one more time BODIE IS A HUGE CRY *** BADDIE

You can't complain that there are too many "nerf sent/mara" threads then simultaneously complain when a thread isn't all about you. Go away dude. No one cares if you feel like the victim.

@OP so basically you're mad that snipers aren't commandos with slightly less armor? Cause it seems to be what you want.

What I take from all this is a complaint that there is still a ranged DPS class where the range actually is a benefit from the melee DPS, while the other 2 ranged DPS largely has a hard time staying at range, and of course is not as well suited for the melee brawling they eventually will find themselves in.

In stead of nerf; I call for Merc/commando and Sage/sorce range DPS to be buffed to be as good as sniper. Not sure if sage or sorce is already. Know merc isn't

What I take from all this is a complaint that there is still a ranged DPS class where the range actually is a benefit from the melee DPS, while the other 2 ranged DPS largely has a hard time staying at range, and of course is not as well suited for the melee brawling they eventually will find themselves in.

In stead of nerf; I call for Merc/commando and Sage/sorce range DPS to be buffed to be as good as sniper. Not sure if sage or sorce is already. Know merc isn't

Seconded though my understanding is that Hybrid sage/sorc is actually in a pretty good place atm.

Ssins, opers, BH - anihilate gunslingers pretty fast.

DOT rangers smoke out a gunslinger pretty succefully and win with 85% if there's a rock to hide behind.

Slinger's is an awesome ranger on on open area. SUX cos of great los dependance.

If you know how GS/sniper works, you can kill him easily.

I rolled to a gunslinger after a long playing my commando (since beta) and was happy as Jackie Chan cos his utility is just awesome! but now back again coz my soul belongs to my trooper anyway. I fry snipers as chickens EASILY. THey are turrets, they don't run even if you aoe them coz if they run they become incredibly squishy. So, they just sit like hens on the nest waiting for an egg and you just shoot them - end of story.

Just have the devs remove the access to self heal when selecting the DPS trees and you got a deal.

Is this suppposed to be some kind of sardonic jest? I mean I can kill folks more efficiently on any other class than my MM Sniper.

I love the challenge though, hence I play a sniper as my main. :)

...Sorry for the lolsmash 6k AOE nerf abilty that roots us and is usefull only outside the group or you will jump on somone near me and it's instant 6k AOE damage to me too , reaaallly sorry about that. Maybe we should just stand without cover naked for you to jump lolsmash on our face 24/7, that would make you happy, right?

Edited by Beansoup

Stop looking at mara's and powertechs for a few minutes. Look at snipers...

No, it's not a QQ thread, because I have 4 toons valor 60+ and a sniper valor 52.

Let's look at the defensive abilities sniper's have.

- Cover - You cant jump him.

- Entrench - immune of ALL control abilities, lasts 20 seconds... 20 seconds IMMUNE of all CC's, knockbacks, whatever... Force Shroud lasts 5 secs.. 45 secs cooldown.

- Debilitate - stun the target for 4 seconds, NOT breaks on damage. 45 secs coodown.

- Flashbang - stun the target for 8 seconds, breaks on damage. 1 min cooldown.

- Leg Shot - instant root, lasts 5 seconds, breaks if damage after 2 seconds... He can use leg shot, shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 16 secs cooldown.

- Shield Probe - Absorb damage for 15 seconds. 45 secs cooldown.

- Evasion - dodge melee and ranged atacks by 100% chance, lasts 3 seconds. 1 min cooldown.

- Ballistic Shield - deploys a giant shield reducing the damge taken for you and all allies by 20%, lasts 15 secs. 3 min cooldown.

- Cover Pulse - knocks your target to the moon, AND root 5 seconds. Breaks if damage after 2 seconds, he can shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 30 secs cooldown.

- Shatter Shot - Reduce the target armor by 20% for 45 secs. Inflicts Trauma for 9 secs and reduce all healing the target receives by 20%. 5 secs cooldown.

- Ambush knockback - Marksmanship has a 1 point talent: When Ambush strikes a target within 10 meters, the target is knocked back several meters.

So 11 defensive tools, a LOT OF damage, you guys know how much hurts each shoot from a sniper. He can kill you in 3 GCD.

Seriously Bioware, this class NEEDS a huge nerf.

"just LOS him"... No, melee class has no gap closer against snipers.

L2P? Ok, roll a melee and try to kill a sniper.

English i'ts not my first language, sorry for mistakes.

Thanks.

Class has a lot of good tools. It also can't get around well at all and is extremely vulnerable whenever it tries to.

Only thing I don't like about the class is that flashbang's a 30m ability. That should, imo, either be a 10m ability or other classes should get their ranged stun back (and fix resolve to what it was, while you're at it). Just my opinion.

Seconded though my understanding is that Hybrid sage/sorc is actually in a pretty good place atm.

Both lightning hybrids are really effective currently, but at a significant cost to their supposed "primary" function (DPS or heals). Lightning/madness' damage potential is 25-30% lower than pure madness, for example. And the hybrid healers output little in comparison to any true heal spec.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily matter if the entire enemy team spends the entire warzone stunned.

Class has a lot of good tools. It also can't get around well at all and is extremely vulnerable whenever it tries to.

Only thing I don't like about the class is that flashbang's a 30m ability. That should, imo, either be a 10m ability or other classes should get their ranged stun back (and fix resolve to what it was, while you're at it). Just my opinion.

Why should it be a 10m? It's a mezz, not a stun, and it's not intended to be a defensive skill. Nor can it be used, for example, to freeze people in the fires. (Snipers' STUN is 4m. The QQ that people have about a 10m stun is just absurd.)

Your "fix" would make it pretty worthless as an ability for snipers. Which may be the goal, but **** that, I say. I'l be happy to trade flashbang 10m if our stun were expanded to 30m. Since apparently a 30m stun is appropriate.

Edited by stringcat