comeback?

xbang

is this game making a comeback i feel im playing now and i feel its more addictive than before when i payed 60 for i t but my main focus what are they planning on doing with the game?

Xbang what matters is what you think, if you enjoy playing then that is what matters, that is how I look at things.

I enjoy playing, if i didnt I wouldn't be here, sometimes i have to wonder why some are still here though.

Edited by OwenBrooks

is this game making a comeback i feel im playing now and i feel its more addictive than before when i payed 60 for i t but my main focus what are they planning on doing with the game?

The servers are full, the game is amazing. I guess that's a yes! (Never really needed to come back as it never really left)

No it's not making a come back.

It's still bleeding subs, it's still one of the most hated MMO's on the market today. The only gaming making a huge comeback is Secret World.

You haven't played the Secret World in the last month have you? It doesn't seem to be improving to me. Is there something other than the Viral Game (which I'm loving btw:D) that I'm not aware of?

I would say it is making a comeback. I hear a lot of people are resubbing. Plus like someone else said, stop worrying about what others are thinking.

The biggest problem i see with this game is with us, the players. We tend to make small issues into huge ones and act like we want to quit the game over them. That and a lot of players are looking around at everyone else saying "Are they going to quit? If theyre going to quit maybe I should to?" If more people just kept playing because they enjoyed the game I get the feeling more people would stick around.

No it's not making a come back.

It's still bleeding subs, it's still one of the most hated MMO's on the market today. The only gaming making a huge comeback is Secret World.

Seems like someone's got their panties in a bunch...

You haven't played the Secret World in the last month have you? It doesn't seem to be improving to me. Is there something other than the Viral Game (which I'm loving btw:D) that I'm not aware of?

I play The Secret World quite a bit nowadays. You're probably missing what makes that game amazing, just like I am obviously missing the same points on this game.

No worries. :rolleyes:

F2P only stalls the inevitable the game is still losing subs and dying f2p maybe bought a year of life but how long will it till they merge servers again. Unless bioware starts doing major endgame updates to keep people around then this game will die slowly. Also rise of the hutt cartel won't do much to help. Edited by Newyankalt

Servers were full at launch as well and the game was still very unpopulated before server transfers.

During the day, most of the servers are generally Heavy, Very Heavy or Full. Seems to be doing alright for the moment, they just need to roll out more content to keep the player base happy.

Edited by Vitas

I play The Secret World quite a bit nowadays. You're probably missing what makes that game amazing, just like I am obviously missing the same points on this game.

No worries. :rolleyes:

I think you made a very good point to be honest, different games will be viewed differently by different people.

Some just have trouble understanding why everyone doesn't see things as they do, and others can't move on when they should of a long time ago. (i'm not saying this about you but as a general comment)

Edited by OwenBrooks

How many servers does TOR have left? 14 or so?

Other games are doing full on monthly updates that you don't have to pay for. Other games did holiday events not lets put a few ugly holiday items in our in game cash shop. Other games have happy player bases who are enjoying the game unlike this one that has players getting fed up and leaving. Really the sooner EA and BioWare shut this down the better.

I think you made a very good point to be honest, different games will be viewed differently by different people.

Some just have trouble understanding why everyone doesn't see things as they do, and others can't move on when they should of a long time ago. (i'm not saying this about you but as a general comment)

It's late. I admit I was snarky. But that was my point, yeah. I mean, several people in my family love GW2. Sure, I play it with them, I just don't see what the hoopla is about. For my tastes, I prefer The Secret World over GW2. Story wise, SWTOR still beats them all for me. But I won't give more money to another game just waiting on the machine for Hickman to kill, and Bioware needs to get serious about bug fixes for once.

Odd thing is, though I check these forums quite a bit (and end up posting) hoping for some big announcement of (1) Hickman being moved off the game, and (2) massive bug fixes finally, I actually have moved on for the time being from playing and subbing. My sub ended December 24th. Don't ask me why I can still post.

I came back, but I figured I may one day. The only reason I quit was because of my friends leaving for various reasons (one could never update to the Rakghoul event patch). Once they were gone, I felt like I could do nothing, but that was not the games' fault. When it went F2P I had to boot it up. Once I saw the restrictions, I resubbed and I've been extremely happy with my decision. I'm able to enjoy everything I used to (minus operations as I have yet to look for a new guild) at my own pace, when I want to.

Also, I really enjoy The Secret World to whoever mentioned that. Very good atmosphere if you ask me, my only regret is buying GW2 back in the summer instead of TSW.

F2P only stalls the inevitable the game is still losing subs and dying f2p maybe bought a year of life but how long will it till they merge servers again. Unless bioware starts doing major endgame updates to keep people around then this game will die slowly. Also rise of the hutt cartel won't do much to help.

What did you base this on?

Other games are doing full on monthly updates that you don't have to pay for. Other games did holiday events not lets put a few ugly holiday items in our in game cash shop. Other games have happy player bases who are enjoying the game unlike this one that has players getting fed up and leaving. Really the sooner EA and BioWare shut this down the better.

What "other" game would you be referring to and if you are so eager to see the game shut down why are you here paying a sub?

Your true agenda is showing.

Yes, I think so. It's not huge to be honest. I mean you are not seeing a mass exodus from x,y, or z MMO back to SWTOR. But it certainly has made strides in the past few months in bringing back old players and attracting new ones. A slight trend up from what I saw in the last server pop update.

I can tell you that our guild is still growing in both factions and I have many friends who have returned.

Having said that I do think that in general MMO gamers tend to ebb and flow from game to game. So... while you may see slight increases and decreases from time to time overall its really nothing more than players chasing new shinies.

I'm still enjoying the hec out of this game, so... all of that is a nice side note but hasn't impacted me either way.

• 11 months later...
I too left for GW2 and TSW, then ended up coming back. I really wanted to love TSW, but there is just something about it that doesn't grab me. I really enjoy the setting, but for some reason, it never clicked. I will say that their customer support is great though.