Subscriber Going Free

GalvinL

They don't like the game enough to pay for it yet they want to play it for free and spend their time in it.

In other words, their time is less valuable than $15/month.

If I hated this game as much as some of these folks and I thought that it wasn't worth the sub, I think it would't not be worth my precious time either and I wouldn't waste any of it hanging around.

For free we get the best content the game offers. The sub 50 content is bar none leaps and bounds above any other MMO out there. That's why the end game is such a let down. It's just nowhere near as fun. So when I say it's not worth it to spend the $15 a month it's because the game lacks in areas that would make me want to spend the $15.

Question: if one lets their sub lapse because of work/school/whatever makes a subscription not cost efficient and instead decides to use their complimentary CC + any CC they choose to purchase to unlock stuff what happens to those unlocks if you resub? In essence if you resub does knowledge of those purchases get wiped or will those purchased unlocks be reactivated if you unsub again?

For free we get the best content the game offers. The sub 50 content is bar none leaps and bounds above any other MMO out there. That's why the end game is such a let down. It's just nowhere near as fun. So when I say it's not worth it to spend the $15 a month it's because the game lacks in areas that would make me want to spend the $15.

I understand that and I have seen many commenting on endgame content. I cannot commeng on the subject because my highest level toon is 27. I am in no rush to get to 50 partly because of those concerns.

Also I will add despite the possible discredit this will bring to me that TOR is my first MMO. I agree the game could use improvements but I am loving it. Probably because I do not have another game to compare it too or that I didn't have expectations to begin with.

My question to you and those in the same boat is do you still spend your time, even though your endgame experience is not meeting your expectations?

I just find ironic that some folks want to spend their time but not their money. As if their time willing to be spent in game, in some cases substantial, is not worth $0.50/day.

Question: if one lets their sub lapse because of work/school/whatever makes a subscription not cost efficient and instead decides to use their complimentary CC + any CC they choose to purchase to unlock stuff what happens to those unlocks if you resub? In essence if you resub does knowledge of those purchases get wiped or will those purchased unlocks be reactivated if you unsub again?

Very good question. I cannot say for sure but I would guess they remain even on subsequent periods unsubbed (they should IMO). Meaning the codes attached to those unlocked features stay on your record.