I just squandered 4-5 million credits.

How did you even manage that? You have to type down the name before deleting it. :o
By not paying close attention to which character was selected when I typed delete.

You don't have to type the character's name, only the word delete.

That's why I've always been an advocate of changing the system so that you had to type the character's name as part of the deletion process.

To add to the injury, this was back before they were able to restore characters so it took 3 weeks to get it back.

Edited by Rankyn

Ouch.

I got a harsh lesson in not paying attention that time I accidentally deleted my main character.

Ever since then I'm always extra cautious when doing anything like spending money when I'm tired.

In that case, customer service can restore it if you ask them to...

edit: sorry, just saw your later post saying you got it back...

Edited by TX_Angel

Thank you for the kind offer, but like I keep saying in plenty of threads around here, money is easy to come by in this game :D

In that case, can I have a million credits? The game hurt me "there on the doll", money would make it better... :)

In that case, can I have a million credits? The game hurt me "there on the doll", money would make it better... :)

I'm sorry, but if you feel that the game has abused you in any way you should be asking for monetary restitution from the game, not me.

If you feel that I have abused you in any way, feel free to try and get monetary restitution from me, but it's highly unlikely that I'll pay you money because I hurt your feelings :cool:

Love this thread. Well to add to the humor here I just cleaned out all of the level 450 investigation missions on my server, ALL of them, all 30 that were listed. For some unknown reason they were all selling on the gtn for 8,000 max. With strongholds i will easily make that back. I also cleaned out all of the 6 and 9 purple cloth at rock bottom prices. I do not think it has really hit my server yet how much you will need to craft stuff.

I have almost two bays full of 450 Inv missions that I bought under vendor sale value a few weeks ago...nothing more fun that watching people undercut each other AND the vendor. Somewhere around the same in 450 Diplomacy missions, although for some of those I actually paid a few hundred credits over the vendor price -- but still less than what I was getting per MGI.

I have almost two bays full of 450 Inv missions that I bought under vendor sale value a few weeks ago...nothing more fun that watching people undercut each other AND the vendor. Somewhere around the same in 450 Diplomacy missions, although for some of those I actually paid a few hundred credits over the vendor price -- but still less than what I was getting per MGI.

Oh I wish I had the vendor prices for missions in my head... I so rarely use them since I'm not a "serious" crafter.

Hehe, I used to do that with the tier 9 cloth materials. People undercut themselves so much on worthless things like that that it becomes easy to just grab them off the GTN and vendor them.

Oh I wish I had the vendor prices for missions in my head... I so rarely use them since I'm not a "serious" crafter.

I didn't use them a lot until recently, but that's mainly because I noticed people dumping large numbers at unbelievable prices. I don't have all the prices memorized, I just know that all the 450s are either 1685. And I only bought as many as I did because they were under vendor price, so if I end up needing the room, I didn't have to worry about selling at a loss.

I did start putting together a list of commonly underpriced items -- not things I check on randomly, just things that when I get extras and go to sell, I find myself blocked by people undercutting the vendor. So I figure if I have to vendor my trash, I might as well vendor everybody else's trash.

So, I couldn't sleep last night because of the heat so I stared playing the game at 2am.

I was buying up some mats in preparation for crafting for strongholds and I wasn't paying attention to the prices.

Someone had apparantly put up Beryllius for 1.17 million creadits each. Since I was just buying in bulk and not really looking at the prices (since regular pricing usually isn't a problem for me) I just pressed the "sort by individual item price" button, but must have pressed it twice so it sorted highest first. I was surprised when suddenly the game told me I couldn't afford to buy more items...

I had 6+ million credits when I looked up Beryllius on the GTN, so I must have bought 4-5 of his super-overpriced Beryllius mats before the game told me I couldn't afford more.

Moral of the story here kids, is; Don't buy anything off the GTN at 2 am when you're dead tired :D

Oh well, back to grinding dailies :rolleyes:

That sucks. I wish there was something to do about those listings, but about the only practical thing I can think to do is allow us to Ignore sellers.

OTOH, I didn't care about Legacy Storage holding credits, and now I'm kind of glad any one character doesn't have access to my entire Legacy's funds.

Yeah, it was an oddly specific number of credits.

Hopefully it wasn't some sort of goldseller scam or summin' :/

Oh well, nothing to be done about it now. Not like I can contact CS and ask for my money back :p

And I doubt I'd get the money back if I contacted the seller either.

The only way to know for certain is to try. I'd go ahead and contact the seller and at least ask. He or she might be willing to work with you if you let them keep some of the credits and return the mats you bought. That way you're only out a portion of your money instead of all of it.

It's a long-shot and I doubt the seller will want to cooperate, but you never know for certain until you ask. It certainly can't do any harm though, providing you don't turn into some creepy stalker dude with the seller.

If we're to believe some people on these forums, it should take about 10 minutes.

I've never heard anyone claim that it'll take 10 minutes to earn back 5-6 million credits.

Not even that one guy who was ranting and raving about how PvP'ers were getting shafted and claiming that PvE'ers were making "millions each day doing what they love to do".

The only way to know for certain is to try. I'd go ahead and contact the seller and at least ask. He or she might be willing to work with you if you let them keep some of the credits and return the mats you bought. That way you're only out a portion of your money instead of all of it.

It's a long-shot and I doubt the seller will want to cooperate, but you never know for certain until you ask. It certainly can't do any harm though, providing you don't turn into some creepy stalker dude with the seller.

Naah, I checked if he was online on my side of the factions and he wasn't and that's the extent of my effort :)

I'm pretty sure he won't buy the stuff back and I'm one of those who thinks you should own up to your own mistakes, so I'll just earn the money back doing dailies and maby selling off some of the mats I had bought earlier...

That sucks. I wish there was something to do about those listings, but about the only practical thing I can think to do is allow us to Ignore sellers.

OTOH, I didn't care about Legacy Storage holding credits, and now I'm kind of glad any one character doesn't have access to my entire Legacy's funds.

Yeah, unfortunately I was on the character with the most money in my legacy, but if money was legacy wide, I would have been royally pooped.

I've never heard anyone claim that it'll take 10 minutes to earn back 5-6 million credits.

Not even that one guy who was ranting and raving about how PvP'ers were getting shafted and claiming that PvE'ers were making "millions each day doing what they love to do".

buy 7 hypercrates, list all for 1million credits each, should sell out in about 10 minutes...

so there, its been said :D

I'm ignoring the hour wait for the mail to go through.

buy 7 hypercrates, list all for 1million credits each, should sell out in about 10 minutes...

so there, its been said :D

I'm ignoring the hour wait for the mail to go through.

And apparantly you are ignoring the 36 hour lockdown on the hypercrates as well.

But then his comment was just a jab at my earlier comments in other threads about it not being that hard to get millions of credits in the game.

Only, he was using hyperbole to make a point. Which failed.

Goes with some folks who say people want it for free..don't want to earn it..blah blah . Hyperbole is alive and well. You remember when we were able to craft Aug Kits and how spendy they were. Still you have to craft them and such.

That takes time at least for the higher level ones.