Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

CourtneyWoods

I'm just curious why there is a weekly 'Cap' on how many 'Reputation' points you can put towards your 'Gree Enclave Legacy' reputation?

So bascially I am now stuck as a 'Newcomer' for almost a week and cannot achieve 'Friend' level until next week..

A shame really as I was looking forward to achieving the 'Friend' level today as a bit of a challenge and just don't understand why it is time capped..... Any ideas?

Edited by Endek

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious why there is a weekly 'Cap' on how many 'Reputation' points you can put towards your 'Gree Enclave Legacy' reputation?

So bascially I am now stuck as a 'Newcomer' for almost a week and cannot achieve 'Friend' level until next week..

A shame really as I was looking forward to achieving the 'Friend' level today as a bit of a challenge and just don't understand why it is time capped..... Any ideas?

I think it has to do with the fact that since it is tied to Legacy that if you had multiple 50's, 12 even, you would be able to blast through the Reputation pretty fast. This way you can still do the dailies every day but it will still take some time to progress the Reputation, in the mean time you can simply stockpile the Reputation stuff until you can use it, which includes after the Gree Event ends.

That's my guess anyway.

I think it has to do with the fact that since it is tied to Legacy that if you had multiple 50's, 12 even, you would be able to blast through the Reputation pretty fast.

That's my guess anyway.

As it should be, if we want to play this game for 48 hours straight grinding out everything there is to grind we should be able to. Once maked launches you'll probably have level 55's in the first 6 hours.

SWTOR really isn't for those that are goal oriented.

Edited by nidalad

I think it has to do with the fact that since it is tied to Legacy that if you had multiple 50's, 12 even, you would be able to blast through the Reputation pretty fast. This way you can still do the dailies every day but it will still take some time to progress the Reputation, in the mean time you can simply stockpile the Reputation stuff until you can use it, which includes after the Gree Event ends.

That's my guess anyway.

Yeah, that sounds plausible. I put all of my 50's through the missions yesterday, which capped me for the week and yep, I can just stockpile them until next week.

Your also right that it will take some time to progress the reputation, but at least they are planning to run follow up events throughout the year, unlike the Rakghoul Pandemic one in April 2012 on Tatooine that had no follow up and the Jawa vendor just disapeared when the event plug was pulled... Shame really as I still have around 160 of those Raghoul commendations in my vault... but I have stopped coughing and spluttering on everyone ;) It would be nice if that event came back as well.....

Anyways, I'm already looking forward to the sequel events following this one.

As it should be, if we want to play this game for 48 hours straight grinding out everything there is to grind we should be able to. Once maked launches you'll probably have level 55's in the first 6 hours.

SWTOR really isn't for those that are goal oriented.

Yep, I agree with you on that one, I really enjoy setting a goal, especially with a new challenge and getting stuck into the task until it is done... mind, I don't think I have had a 48 hour season.... without food, drink and some sleep that is!

The reputation system plain and simple is horrible the way most games I have seen have done it before is through quests, not heroic or world boss type quests but regular quests in the areas or making rep items drop on the landscape. The way the present reputation system is designed I will not even try to get reputation with any of the factions.

The event mechanics are a lot of fun, but my real issue with it is that it's only a few week event with a rep cap? I mean the only way to go home with some cool rewards is doing every daily and weekly and probably even on multiple 50's. Plus the components are BoP not even legacy. I'm not sure if I do all the missions as much as I can if I'll even get 1 gree weapon.

Seems like a shooty event if it's that short with no reward. I would say extend the event or raise the component drop a bit. I understand they will bring this even back, but if you want people to be engaged, might not want to shaft them on dedicated work throughout this event.

LOTRO's rep system was better, but still grindy.

In LOTRO, you earned rep for completing quests in a given area. So, questing in Angmar would give you Men of the North rep iirc. Completing all quests would probably get you to friend status, or roughly 1/3 of the way through (some reps would be higher though). From there, you could then grind mobs for rep drops, run repeatable quests, or farm instances for rep.

It was still a grindy system, but you were time limited by mob drop rates and instance completion rates, not by artificial gates! The system also gave you choice, so for example I am an instance grinder so I farmed instances for rep a lot and never bothered with mob grinding, whereas solo people could farm mobs and never have to touch an instance.

The TOR system seems poorly thought out tbh, but then just about everything they ever do is poorly thought out, so not sure why surprised!

The event mechanics are a lot of fun, but my real issue with it is that it's only a few week event with a rep cap? I mean the only way to go home with some cool rewards is doing every daily and weekly and probably even on multiple 50's. Plus the components are BoP not even legacy. I'm not sure if I do all the missions as much as I can if I'll even get 1 gree weapon.

Seems like a shooty event if it's that short with no reward. I would say extend the event or raise the component drop a bit. I understand they will bring this even back, but if you want people to be engaged, might not want to shaft them on dedicated work throughout this event.

Do the operations boss on SM and HM. You get 4 gray helix components on SM and 6 on HM. So do SM and HM this week and next week and that's 20 components right there + 1 for each day you do the rep quests and that's 34 components.

New repair costs make this patch one of the black list ones, near 75 subscribers included me, are cancelling and already cancel the subscriptions with this new patch, only in my know poeple group, we want a BioWare answer, this is going to be fixed or not, 3 deaths 70k in repairs, is absurd, so, want to kill the game, fine, this working very well for that. I'm in a PvE server, so Op, HM, and FP are how we play.

Please, reverse patch 1.7 this is stupid, I love support the game with my subscription, but looks like BioWare and EA don't care about his customers at all.

How i can ask for refund about expansion?

New repair costs make this patch one of the black list ones, near 75 subscribers included me, are cancelling and already cancel the subscriptions with this new patch, only in my know poeple group, we want a BioWare answer, this is going to be fixed or not, 3 deaths 70k in repairs, is absurd, so, want to kill the game, fine, this working very well for that. I'm in a PvE server, so Op, HM, and FP are how we play.

Please, reverse patch 1.7 this is stupid, I love support the game with my subscription, but looks like BioWare and EA don't care about his customers at all.

How i can ask for refund about expansion?

Are you sure its not all in your head? I haven't noticed any difference in the usual cost of repairs for my gear. Did you have broken gear in your inventory? When you do repair all it repairs gear in your inventory as well, not just the stuff you have equipped.

Are you sure its not all in your head? I haven't noticed any difference in the usual cost of repairs for my gear. Did you have broken gear in your inventory? When you do repair all it repairs gear in your inventory as well, not just the stuff you have equipped.

no hes rigth the repair costs are absurd now, but i wanted to ask if anyone knows how long will the gree vendors remain on illum

no hes rigth the repair costs are absurd now, but i wanted to ask if anyone knows how long will the gree vendors remain on illum

Did EC nightmare today and I honestly didn't notice the difference. I'm not a tank, but still, I get hit a lot with aoe's as a melee. Repairs seemed about the same to me.

This is ridiculous another patch where bubble stun and smash get ignored. No communication at all from the devs regarding when they plan to fix those issues.

This game is a betrayal to the KOTOR name and all devs should be ashamed of working in a game that disrespects the entire pvp community.

All we want is a quick fix, no major changes no new skills just make pvp tolerable to play again and yet you remain silent as to when those changes will be made OR if they will be made at all.

This patch is a complete lack of respect towards paying costumers

A bit emotive, but in the main: ^^This.^^

PvP is basically a farce for non-glow-batters, and easy mode for glow-batters --although the smash-kiddies aren't unbeatable, I've so far managed to solo-gank a few on Ilum. It helps when they're otherwise occupied fighting a Champion-level NPC, and don't see you chillin' out at range!

Do you even want a PvP component in your game at all? Because it doesn't seem like it, to me.

We want an answer. Now.

The update has interesting events but nothing spectacular. If anything i think the reputation needs to be called group reputation because indeed that is what it is. When u have 10-20 players NOT DOING any quest just sitting there interrupting other players from completing their quest it can become quite upsetting when u have a certain allotted time to play and it takes 4 hours to complete an event because of the PvP'ers that go beyond just doing their quest. Also how is it an individuals reputation when u need a group of 4, 8 or 16 to finish most of the quest. In the 2 days it has been up i see less and less people playing it. I understand the need for PvP in the game but when you allow 10 against 1 is not PvP that's just an abuse and interruption of game-play. A very good recipe to have your faithful members quit on you. I remember a cool Star Wars game hmmm SWG that lost over half of their gamers overnight for doing things like this. Think carefully about introducing gaming content. You cant please everyone but if u need to choose, choose the one that pay your salary.

Hey so wondering if anyone else thinks the the gree weapon components should be bind on legacy since gathering 24 on one toon seems a little diffcult

How is it difficult? You get 1 each day, 4 from the quest that has you travel to different planets, 4 from the SM OPS and 6 from the HM OPS. If you do SM and HM this week and next week then that's 20 components right there. You get 14 if you do the dailies every day +4 from the one time quest where you travel to different planets. There is no reason for you not to be able to get at least one weapon before this event is over (or two if you have a sentinel since those are only 18 each.)

The update has interesting events but nothing spectacular. If anything i think the reputation needs to be called group reputation because indeed that is what it is. When u have 10-20 players NOT DOING any quest just sitting there interrupting other players from completing their quest it can become quite upsetting when u have a certain allotted time to play and it takes 4 hours to complete an event because of the PvP'ers that go beyond just doing their quest. Also how is it an individuals reputation when u need a group of 4, 8 or 16 to finish most of the quest. In the 2 days it has been up i see less and less people playing it. I understand the need for PvP in the game but when you allow 10 against 1 is not PvP that's just an abuse and interruption of game-play. A very good recipe to have your faithful members quit on you. I remember a cool Star Wars game hmmm SWG that lost over half of their gamers overnight for doing things like this. Think carefully about introducing gaming content. You cant please everyone but if u need to choose, choose the one that pay your salary.

The contested area only allows 4 man groups...

Hey so wondering if anyone else thinks the the gree weapon components should be bind on legacy since gathering 24 on one toon seems a little diffcult

agreed since the first two events had the coms unbound and you were even able to sell them on gtn now for some reason they are a lot harder to get and they are bound

Edited by JymmyMorison

NEW EVENT: RELICS OF THE GREE - FEBRUARY 12 TO FEBRUARY 26

Explore Ilum's contested area in the Western Ice Shelf to uncover the mysterious purpose of the Gray Secant, an enormous ancient Gree starship.

Get ready to face a powerful opponent that awaits you at the center of this ancient vessel.

Earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly-advanced weapon and armor!

Look for opportunities to join this recurring event throughout the rest of the year. More details to come!

It says on the last part " Look for opportunities to join this recurring event throughout the rest of the year. More details to come!"

Does this mean its gonna last whole year or only to februari 24? i mean...it is impossible to get those gear because we need champion status to wear those....

And we need 18-24 [Gray Helix Components]... we get 1 for heroic and 6 for area.... but we can only do area once...i got 11 at the moment and i was hoping to save for that double lightsaber...but even if i somehow got 24 [Gray Helix Components] i can´t wear it....

Or are the swtor going to fix this bug-problem?