Bounty Hunter Voice Acting

KBerling

I'm trying my first non-force user and went with a Rattataki Bounty Hunter. The problem I'm having though is the voice acting. It just doesn't fit at all.

I guess the voice would fit very nicely with the character if you're a human. Or maybe even Cyborg. But it doesn't work with Rattataki at all.

I fully understand that it was my choice to choose a Rat and I shouldn't complain. I mean, they give you a voice sample at character creation. I just had no idea it was going to grate on me so badly and feel lthat BW shouldn't have employed such a one-dimensional sound.

Think I'll just scrap this toon and try an Agent. I only have about 10 hours in at this point. Maybe a Rat will work better as a Sniper (although I wanted a Chiss for Agent).

End of rant. Wishing everyone a pleasant evening.

Edited by KBerling

I feel the oposite: male BH sounds menacing, female BH sounds like crap.

I love Grey Delisle and all, but I can't help but think she was bored and only took the job for the money, not giving a **** about her performance

(It helps that my BH is a big black scary dude with a cybernetic eye and a scar across said eye)

Edited by RendValor

I'm not sure what you think a rattataki is supposed to sound like, as out of all the imperial classes the BH is the only one who keeps the american accent. If you have taken notice, almost all rattataki speak this way, they don't have the imperial accent.

I think opposite really, the ratt seems to be one of the best fits for the BH apart from human/cyborg, especially the female bounty hunter.

I don't know what the male Ratt is supposed to sound like either. But their appearance conveys a sense of cultural immersion and dedication as combatants. The male BH voice ingame sounds to me like some stupid, brutish lout, utterly lacking in any kiind of sophistication. Certainly not worthy of membership in the Empire.

Maybe I'll make a female BH instead. I generally prefer looking at and listening to the girls over the long haul anyway.

The male BH voice ingame sounds to me like some stupid, brutish lout, utterly lacking in any kiind of sophistication. Certainly not worthy of membership in the Empire.

You know, kinda like um... a Bounty Hunter?

Edited by RendValor

I guess that's where I'm having the problem, the one-dimensional nature of the voice. I don't agree that the default impression of Intergalactic Bounty Hunters should be stupid, brutish louts utterly lacking in civilization. If so, then limit default BH species choices to Human and Cyborg. The Chiss?

Probably what BW tried to do here is find a voice similar to Mandalore from SWKotOR. If so, they failed miserably. Mandalore's voice was a thing of beauty. This BH voice-not so much.

Off to the game now. Think I'll play Sorc today. Lovely Sunday to all.

"Pardon me, old chap. Dead or alive, you are accompanying myself. Do hurry in your decision, please. My butler is preparing crumpets and tea on my ship. I do hate to be tardy."

That just doesn't seem very Bounty Hunter-y to me. The Bounty Hunter was based on Boba/Jango Fett. Neither of them seemed very civilized to me. And Kaliyo comes across as being a brutish, uncivilized lout. She's a rattataki.

But, to each their own. I've rerolled characters because the body type didn't "feel right" with the character's voice. I guess species isn't that much different. After all I've never played a rattatki nor do I want to. The only non-human characters I've played were Purebloods, and that was really just so I could slap around the companions.

Edited by Xargyn

The voice does serve nicely. For the one dimension it serves: a body type 3 human.

My problem with it is that in serving a body type 3 human BH so well, the voice basically excludes all other types of builds. For example, can you imagine a Chiss BH with this voice?

It's true that BH in and of itself is waaay more compatible rolling a human, from a lore and class story standpoint, than if you use any other race. I just think making a voice that doesn't fit any other species, or really, any other body type, is being too restrictive. They could have used a voice with more flexibility. Especially since the thought of a scarred up body type 3 human mauling little Mako turns my stomach.

Edited by KBerling

The voice does serve nicely. For the one dimension it serves: a body type 3 human.

My problem with it is that in serving a body type 3 human BH so well, the voice basically excludes all other types of builds. For example, can you imagine a Chiss BH with this voice?

I got male Chiss PT with body 3 :D