State of the Game #3

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said a whole lot of nothing. Playable content seems to be a secondary focus at this point. Post-Makeb production will focus on quality of life? Have you ever seen how quickly MMO players consume content? The production should focus on additional content AND quality of life.

You're adding a barbershop feature to the game, but gating it through the Cartel Market. Why shouldn't players be able to change their appearance using in-game credits? I understand charging for a racial change.

Pretty uninspired state of the game address. Take some passion in what you guys do, or has EA beaten the creativity out of you?

He said a whole lot of nothing. Playable content seems to be a secondary focus at this point. Post-Makeb production will focus on quality of life? Have you ever seen how quickly MMO players consume content? The production should focus on additional content AND quality of life.

You're adding a barbershop feature to the game, but gating it through the Cartel Market. Why shouldn't players be able to change their appearance using in-game credits? I understand charging for a racial change.

Pretty uninspired state of the game address. Take some passion in what you guys do, or has EA beaten the creativity out of you?

From what it looks like, anything that does not include improving gear (for now, at least) will cost cartel coins. Won't be long before gear ends up in there too.

I agree with you my friend.

The question I have is why hasnt the GCD issue(s) been fixed? Do you plan on ever fixing these issues?

1000 x this. Underwhelmed by all of this. Guess I will be going F2P instead of subbing, because day by day it seems STWOR loses its appeal for me to spend any money on.

Edited by Lent_San

About time with the hair-change! Have a sith whom is in serious need of a hair-cut.

From what it looks like, anything that does not include improving gear (for now, at least) will cost cartel coins. Won't be long before gear ends up in there too.

I agree that this is rather foreboding, regarding the market. I, for one, hope that they will find a balance in what they throw into their new sandbox/playground and what will be purchasable at vendors.

Cool, I've been waiting for a barber shop style feature since launch. As an ex City of Heroes player it's been very frustrating not to be able to change these things easily (I miss Icon).

My one concern is having to pay cartel coins for something as trivial as changing hairstyle. A full body type or species change I can understand would be a cash option as these are pretty major changes, but I would have hoped changing hair style/colour or facial tattoos would have been available for in-game credits as it's something you may want to do quite frequently if you RP or even if you just get bored of your current look.

I guess it's time to start saving my monthly CC grant...

Question: If a player can't purchase cartel coins, do to the current state of your security implementations (the limit to how many coins can be purchased per account), how can a player take advantage of the Barbershop?

I ask, because I am very interested in some of the additions coming, and I want to take part in them. Also, I see no problem with using Cartel coins to purchase them. Yet, at current, I can't purchase Cartel coins at all, so I would be left out of these options.

Edited by Kaeg

Although I feel as if there are more important options to be worrying about getting out than a barbershop, I'm glad you all at least acknowledged the fact that the game was essentially dying because of lack of content and other things. I do want this game to succeed in the long run because I'm not going to play wow, tried a free trial and hated it. GW2 is not something that looks interesting to me at all, so my only hope for a thriving MMO is this game. Hopefully in the future you guys will add more incentives for people to sub up so the game can truly begin thriving again.

I don't want to be called a loyalist or anything. I liked this game right from the start (EA didn't give a beta key to me, being in the sub continent I think no one here got it). May be because I love Star Wars or may be because I have played all Bioware games so many times.

I have seen agitated people in the forums and in other part of the web, most of them were right to be upset. I didn't like the game going F2P, but wanted to live with it. I have been a subscriber since launch. Hopefully I will continue to be one. That is big commitment specially when I just play during weekends and may be just 8 hours a week.

I did enjoy last week's Double XP. So I believe this is going in the right direction. However, EA/Bioware should realize that with games like GW2 Tera Online, they have to work really hard to continue this. I will be here till they shut the server down or charge me more than 15 bucks a month.:p

For a current game I can say that I overall like it. I like the fighting style the most, specially style of my imperial agent. Combat is much more drawing you into game than any other game, you can actually dodge the incoming attacks and so on... Yeah sometimes it is annoying to get into cover and be standing still glass cannon, but still it's something that gives a change from other MMO's. I also like that making small mistakes in operations are not so unforgiving, however making big mistakes can cause group to wipe (there are some boss fights that prove otherwise, but developers can fix mechanics right?).

The only thing that bugs me out is lack of new operations coming out. I mean: we get new expansion and just new harder modes of already existing operations. Please keep on mind, that we get bored watching same environment over and over again.

About space combat: I still like it, but it's too repetitive. It's same missions over and over again, nothing changes. I like new hard mode difficulty but I would probably think in revamp of space combat. I know it's hard to change it, but maybe here is simple idea: instead of having only one flying path, you could give players an option to choose 2 or more different paths on some points. Like you are approaching enemy ship (big one) and you get an option to attack it from above, under, left or right and when you are past the ship, player returns on "normal" path again.

Also co-op space missions would be awesome. Just like flashpoints, but without tank and healer. This is MMO after all and it's shame to see space combat, as one of essential part of Star Wars, so dumbed down. I know there are probably limited resources for development, but this is something to think about it...

Overall I pretty like it as it is now, I like to have lower repair cost so I can save credits for buying gear upgrades, augments and consumables...

Barbershop sounds fantastic. But please add some black hair options to the mix. My guild (the globetrotters) want to have some new styles for our toons some nice fro's and a black moustache option would be nice maybe even some crazy samuel jackson style sideboards.

Can we see pod / speeder racing and speeder customisation in game now that the cool speeders are being released ?

imagine racing people on tattooine while npc tuskans took rifle pot shots at you ?

Just for the record decent drops via the cartel packs seem very rare is there a chance the decent drop rate percent could go up. Im thinking twice about dropping money on packs because of this.

Cathar is pure woot

Edited by R-Tee-Doo-Tee

Surprise surprise one of the most asked for features since launch will revolve around the cartel market. The funny thing was I thought the cartel market was kind of cool at first, now I see this trend where everything players want like vanity is put on there.

If they put some of these cartel items into content like flashpoints or operations I would probably be running them to get what I wanted instead of taking a chance with the item packs.

About time with the hair-change! Have a sith whom is in serious need of a hair-cut.

I agree that this is rather foreboding, regarding the market. I, for one, hope that they will find a balance in what they throw into their new sandbox/playground and what will be purchasable at vendors.

Yes, the balance will be 95% CM to 5% in-game *snorts*.

That Hickman guy..... I kind of begin to realize why people thought he would be the one to ruin this game. He already does. :cool:

First F2P game, eh?

Cool, I've been waiting for a barber shop style feature since launch. As an ex City of Heroes player it's been very frustrating not to be able to change these things easily (I miss Icon).

My one concern is having to pay cartel coins for something as trivial as changing hairstyle. A full body type or species change I can understand would be a cash option as these are pretty major changes, but I would have hoped changing hair style/colour or facial tattoos would have been available for in-game credits as it's something you may want to do quite frequently if you RP or even if you just get bored of your current look.

I guess it's time to start saving my monthly CC grant...

A race change might be a big one because you have very different options race-by-race.

All other changes are minor. Change a value in a field in the database. Done.

Charging cartel coins for these is absurd, but EA gonna go after the $'s until they force everyone away.