adaptive armor

bigtsb

They match your highest armor proficiency. In other words adaptive robes can become heavy armor to a heavy armor class. This is so you can tailor your look without having to sarcifice armor. Edited by sumuji

What do you mean change? When you take all the mods out there is no difference between a lvl 1 orange piece and a lvl 50 one. The mods are what changes the stats and you can always change the mods out. Also the adaptive just means anyone can wear them.

What do you mean change? When you take all the mods out there is no difference between a lvl 1 orange piece and a lvl 50 one. The mods are what changes the stats and you can always change the mods out. Also the adaptive just means anyone can wear them.

Some orange and adaptive armors have a minimum level even when empty.. Even though mechanically they are just level 1 armors..

Some orange and adaptive armors have a minimum level even when empty.. Even though mechanically they are just level 1 armors..

other then the level though there is no difference as far as stats though unless you get into set bonuses bur i do not think adaptive armors have set bonuses do they?

Yeah I think what you're hung up on is the "Adaptive" just means that it adapts to the highest armor class you can wear. As far as actually -upgrading- the stats, it behaves like any other moddable armor when you can swap out the Armor, Mod and Enhancement pieces to increase stats as you level. But the stat increase does not happen automatically.

• 2 weeks later...
to the reply on adaptive armor frrom cartel market dont buy it it lowers all your stats and the reason i am saying this is i bought a set it was like being lvl 1 when i am 30lvl trooper commando dont get me wrong thay look great but for battle and questing no use at all unless you like dying:rolleyes:

to the reply on adaptive armor frrom cartel market dont buy it it lowers all your stats and the reason i am saying this is i bought a set it was like being lvl 1 when i am 30lvl trooper commando dont get me wrong thay look great but for battle and questing no use at all unless you like dying:rolleyes:

Another person who has no idea how custom armors work... BW really needs to add in a better tutorial. For any custom armor, adaptive included, to be worth a damn, you *have* to keep appropriate level armorings, mods and enhancements in them. If you bought a fresh piece of adaptive armor off the GTN, vendors or the CM, they come with 0 mods of any type -- equipping it will do exactly as you say, acting like level 1 starting armor. Before equipping, purchase (either off the GTN or from commendation vendors) or craft the necessary mods to put into the armor and you will be set.

Also, with any custom gear, replace these mods as you level -- "adaptive" refers to it adapting to the armor type you wear, allowing 1 piece of armor to act as either light, medium or heavy armor, based upon who is wearing it. It does *not* mean it is armor that levels with you as you level, as some people are seeming to think.

other then the level though there is no difference as far as stats though unless you get into set bonuses bur i do not think adaptive armors have set bonuses do they?

it's not the stats that's the big deal about adaptive armor, it's the armor rating. because light, medium, and heavy armor all have different armor ratings that are not attached to the armoring, the adaptive armor changes depending on which armor your class uses. that way you don't have a guardian tank running around with the armor rating of a sage.

Edited by happysister

Did you upgrade the armor mods, modifications, and enchancements.? I have used adapive armor and kept it upgraded and it works just fine.

The term adaptive means any armor type can wear it. It does not mean you don't have to upgrade your mods.

Edited by ScarletBlaze