[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right.....

I have Cybertech at 400 and I'm attempting to RE a blue item (Critical Reflex Enhancement Adaptor).

Within quite a short time I had managed to learn "Leadership Reflex Enhancement Adaptor (Superior)" - ie added presence - since then, nothing at all (although twice, early on, I got "you already know that schematic" come up (so I guess that I'd found the same "Leadership" version again).

So - a couple of questions....

1) Is this the only version that I can discover?

2) Is it possible that you can only know one type?

The reason that I ask is that I've REd over 200 of them now, with nothing else having come up!

Edited by Colow_Leper

And now just think of how many of those you could have bought with the cred you 'spent'.

True, but......

1) It might have dropped on the first RE

2) I'm not doing it for the money, frankly - otherwose I'd just have 3 gathering skills and end up with a pile of money and nothing to do with it.

I looked through the FAQs and the rest of the thread but didn't see anything about it, so I have a question about materials received from reverse engineering. I have an Artifact advanced blue fortitude crystal, and I'd like to RE it in the hopes of maybe getting a Wind Crystal back. Is that even possible? I've RE'd crystals before, but I can't remember if I ever got more than color crystal mats back. Any help would be appreciated. :)

And great guide, thank you for it!

I looked through the FAQs and the rest of the thread but didn't see anything about it, so I have a question about materials received from reverse engineering. I have an Artifact advanced blue fortitude crystal, and I'd like to RE it in the hopes of maybe getting a Wind Crystal back. Is that even possible? I've RE'd crystals before, but I can't remember if I ever got more than color crystal mats back. Any help would be appreciated. :)

And great guide, thank you for it!

RE mainly gives you the base mats back. Very very rarely do you get blue/purple mats back. So it does exist, but the chance is very small.

RE mainly gives you the base mats back. Very very rarely do you get blue/purple mats back. So it does exist, but the chance is very small.

Cool, thanks for the help! Funnily enough, right after I posted that, my companion came back from a mission with FIVE wind crystals so I'm good for a bit, haha.

I am not sure if this was cover before (actually i bet it was but oh well...)

if you are lvl 29 and maxed your skill (in my case cybertech)

does your lvl have any influence on RE lvl 43 or 45 armor or whatever you are REing?

it could just be that lvl 40+ thing are just harder to get or that i am less lucky lately but i wonder if it's because the difference in lvl between my Character and the object i am trying to RE is too high and make it harder

This is a question about the upcoming changes in 1.2. Just curious if this is how things will work.

Syntheweave will be able to RE all light/medium Orange armor, while Armormech will be able to RE all Orange medium/heavy armor.

Will they also be able to RE orange quest rewards, dungeon loot drops, social vendor items, etc?

If so, two Armormech and Syntheweave friends could have an augmented(basically end-game viable) version of basically every armor set in the game?

If so, this makes the other crafting skills seem somewhat gimpy in my eyes, but I love my wardrobe.

Edited by FussyQBert

I'm not too sure about any of the answers on this yet.

The Triumphant Enhancement 20 is a blue enhancement found in a low level, orange pvp lightsaber. Has anybody successfully RE'd this? It's not purple, definitely falls in line with any other enhancement. Seems like it should be RE-able.....

One guy said no, without giving any other information. Does anybody know?

I'm gonna start the process of collecting enough to try. If nobody knows, I'll report back.

I have to admit I am a bit dismayed at the fact that scatterguns cannot be REd. Interesting how this crew skill seems to be the least well thought out.

Mind you I don't plan on dumping it as I assume eventually it will be worth having, but when lvling alts I thought it would be nice to make them decent gear from start to finish. Kind of tough to be wrong so often and it not really be your fault.

Edited by Evironrage

I'm not too sure about any of the answers on this yet.

The Triumphant Enhancement 20 is a blue enhancement found in a low level, orange pvp lightsaber. Has anybody successfully RE'd this? It's not purple, definitely falls in line with any other enhancement. Seems like it should be RE-able.....

One guy said no, without giving any other information. Does anybody know?

I'm gonna start the process of collecting enough to try. If nobody knows, I'll report back.

The schematic doesn't seem to exist in any database. So that would mean you can't RE it.

Edited by Rhaphael

So, just a quick question: I'm not sure whether this has been answered yet or not.

I recently found out you can critically craft Rakata relics and set off to get myself 2. Now I have about 10 "useless", bound Rakata relics gathering dust. Is there any use to REing those, outside of trying to get some materials back?

Not sure if it has been asked before but... If I Reverse engineer a stack of lets say 3 items to learn a schematic, does the chance to learn gets rolled 3 times? or just once? (I know that each failure doesn't increase the chances of any next rolls but still... if something has 20% chance to happen, it will still have 20% chance no matter how many tries you do, but to see 3 fails in a row is a 0.8^3 =51.2% chance)

The guide has been updated based on the patch notes. It will continue to receive updates as I learn personally and receive information from the community, so send in your feedback!

Thanks, Good Luck, and Have fun in 1.2!

Specific information request:

Players may now reverse engineer many endgame items to research schematics for items and mods. Campaign and some Black Hole endgame items can be reverse engineered, and players have a chance to learn how to craft these items upon reverse engineering them. Set Armorings do not provide schematics for crafters.

Which items specifically? How does this work? Any details appreciated.

Also, I recall seeing information about being able to Reverse Engineer "Modifiable items" to learn how to create a custom shell of that item, but I don't see any information in the patch notes about this. Did this get pulled? If not, what items qualify as "Modifiable" and what is involved?

I'm pretty new to REing so if I sound foolish, please correct me.

I'm a Consular, and took up Armormech without knowing the linear vs prefix methods, and never really dabbled in REing until a few days ago.

As of 1.2, it would seem that even as a Jedi Shadow, I'm getting the prefix version of armor (which I cannot equip obviously).

I RE'ed a chest and got all 3 prefix. Redoubt, Crit, and (forget the 3rd atm).

I RE'd a few of the crit variations and have gotten a Leadership prefix and an Endowment prefix of the same chest.

Have they removed the 'Linear' way for each character class and simply given everyone the ability to have the prefix method?

If so omgyay.

I'm pretty new to REing so if I sound foolish, please correct me.

I'm a Consular, and took up Armormech without knowing the linear vs prefix methods, and never really dabbled in REing until a few days ago.

As of 1.2, it would seem that even as a Jedi Shadow, I'm getting the prefix version of armor (which I cannot equip obviously).

I RE'ed a chest and got all 3 prefix. Redoubt, Crit, and (forget the 3rd atm).

I RE'd a few of the crit variations and have gotten a Leadership prefix and an Endowment prefix of the same chest.

Have they removed the 'Linear' way for each character class and simply given everyone the ability to have the prefix method?

If so omgyay.

All items equippable directly to the wardrobe follow the Prefix path, only items such as stims and mods follow the linear path. This is the way it has always been.