Madness seems to be moving in the right direction...

Xinika

Someone on the PTS ended up parsing Madness: http://www.torparse.com/a/662042

Someone else did it in the 86(?) gear and hit 4100 I think.

Milas is not a Sith Assassin, TORParse incorrectly identified him as an Assassin, he is in fact a Sorcerer. Assassins use Double Strike, rather than Force Lightning, which should tip you off. But it's been said before: not all the talents in Madness Assassin are working, causing them to do less damage than they should be doing. With everything added in, they'll need to tone something down, and I'd like them to keep the Assassinate proc and tone down some of the DoT damage a bit.

Then adjust your tactics and get your DPS up to where it should be.

You're seeing it too much as a given, while really what you're doing at that point is just cheesing out the boss.

This is taking full advantage of all abilities the class has, now they are taking those away reducing potential utility of the class in hands of creative player. I don't like it and I feel like expressing it when we discuss changes.

This is taking full advantage of all abilities the class has, now they are taking those away reducing potential utility of the class in hands of creative player. I don't like it and I feel like expressing it when we discuss changes.

And I get that. But essentially that is not what is supposed to happen. You can still be creative you'll just have to work together with other people better.

Draxus is pretty much the only boss you will ever even think of using your aoe taunt on as a dps shadow anyway.

There are other cases most of my uses were in trash fights anyway or when something bad happened to tank (my groups seem to be plagued by DC's), but I won't argue here it's extremely rare, I'm just sayng there is no reason when cloud mind can be moved to consular abilities and job done without removing anything or making anything OP.

Force in Balance has a 15 s cooldown. So, relative to the two dots, it moves two spots earlier in the 12 GCD (= 18 sec) rotation each time. You can put an open spot for it between the dots so you never have it come off cooldown exactly when you're going to refresh one of the dots. (Of course, this is only relevant if you're doing a steady rotation for more than a minute and fifteen seconds.)

Edit: Oops, didn't realize this was from a few pages back and was already answered.

you ^^ thanks anyway, and I got the point trying many times it!

No matter how much reduction they give us, it will not be enough for this spec. It is a DoT melee with light armor. The TTK is too long for us to stay in melee range. They either need to make the TTK similar to deception, give us DCDs similar to marauder as well as some burst, or make us ranged like the sorc. Nothing short of those things will save this spec. If they don't want to do this, I would prefer they just raise the damage so we can use it in PvE and concentrate on perfecting deception. Any of these "feel good" changes are nothing more than a waste of everybody's time.

I agree with this guy.

Going off-topic for a bit, but I don't think my question was worth its own thread.

After playing around with madness for a bit, is there a better way to keep track of my dots besides singling my own out of everyone elses? I haven't been playing it for long so maybe I just lack practice but my rotation falls apart in an Op that requires a certain amount of situational awareness.

I've been looking through the interface editor for some option to display my debuffs only but I can't seem to find it or anything similar, not sure if I'm missing something.

Going off-topic for a bit, but I don't think my question was worth its own thread.

After playing around with madness for a bit, is there a better way to keep track of my dots besides singling my own out of everyone elses? I haven't been playing it for long so maybe I just lack practice but my rotation falls apart in an Op that requires a certain amount of situational awareness.

I've been looking through the interface editor for some option to display my debuffs only but I can't seem to find it or anything similar, not sure if I'm missing something.

12 GCD is the time between dotting up i think someone wrote, so i am guessing its more about keeping track of them that way rather than trying to find it between the endless debuff on the boss.

12 GCD is the time between dotting up i think someone wrote, so i am guessing its more about keeping track of them that way rather than trying to find it between the endless debuff on the boss.

Alternatively, keep track of your Discharge debuff on the boss. It helps a lot, since 12 GCDs of mostly Thrash is really boring to track. I've found that even in 16 man, just keeping track of Discharge gives decent results. Keeping track of Crushing Darkness is also fairly important, but will make it slightly more difficult to concentrate on the fight (but only slightly).

Sadly there is no way to do this, the DoT classes like Madness and Lethality have major issues with keeping track of their DoT's because they share DoT's with other classes. Also another issue to watch out for is others Sorcs or Sin's using up your stacks of Death Field, the game for some reason wasnt coded to keep track of YOUR DoT's for Death Field and Weakening Blast so it counts any Force DoT's from other Sorcs/Sin's and same for the Agent's Corrosive Dart/Grenade.

Sadly there is no way to do this, the DoT classes like Madness and Lethality have major issues with keeping track of their DoT's because they share DoT's with other classes. Also another issue to watch out for is others Sorcs or Sin's using up your stacks of Death Field, the game for some reason wasnt coded to keep track of YOUR DoT's for Death Field and Weakening Blast so it counts any Force DoT's from other Sorcs/Sin's and same for the Agent's Corrosive Dart/Grenade.

Actually, as long as you are doing things right, you will always have an advantage if you have a Sorc in your group. This is because Discharge has a hit on application while Affliction does not, and we have much more uptime on our Crushing Darkness, so overall we have more hits and will eat more of their Death Field stacks than they will of ours.

Edited by MKnightRider