Powertech vs Vanguard, not mirrored.

Ledvan

It's the same average damage, so it's only a minor variation, just like the "difference" between Commandos using an Assault Cannon and Mercs using 2 pistols or a Jedi/Sith using a Vibroblade rather than a Lightsaber. It's not a difference since they're going to average out to be identical.

It's the same average damage, so it's only a minor variation, just like the "difference" between Commandos using an Assault Cannon and Mercs using 2 pistols or a Jedi/Sith using a Vibroblade rather than a Lightsaber. It's not a difference since they're going to average out to be identical.

How about energy management?

I've got both a PT and a VG.

I went on my ship and decided to use the warzone training dummy to test this theory out.

On my vanguard, I spammed Ion Pulse until I ran out of ammo. I got 8 shots in.

On my powertech, I spammed Flame Burst until I ran out of energy. I got 9 shots in.

I repeated this test 4 more times, and only a single time, did the powertech get 8 shots instead of 9.

The difference is minimal in real time, but statistically speaking, powertechs have better energy management.

Edited by -Holmes

How about energy management?

That's a known inequality that favors BHs and it exists for all Troopers and BHs (which is why I have to wonder why they opted to make Heat a base 100 Resource with portions of 8 as total cost and Ammo as 12 with portions of 1 as total cost when it's pretty apparent that you would have rounding errors no matter how it was done), but it's largely beside the point.

The OP was trying to say that the difference in the weapons was somehow a point of inequality between them; it's not, since the damage variation is miniscule and the average damage is the same. The variation is tiny and just as likely to favor one as the other.