First impressions, you only get one Bioware.

shottgun

Actually a high quantity of whine posts signifies a healthy game - as has been proven again and again by companies like Blizzard. People whine when they want something so badly. You people making posts like this will be playing in a few months like a crack addict same as the rest of us. In the meantime you are just going to whine about it and get nowhere. I have not gotten into the game even though I really want to get in - but that does not make me feel angry at Bioware for allowing us into their game at their pace in a way they described extensively beforehand.

You whiners are making my day - the mass amounts of pointless QQ posts over a game you won't even quit. No chance. See you in game!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are doing what they said they'd do. People taking holidays when they don't know when they'd get early access is their fault. I didn't preorder until september, and I didn't expect to get in today, maybe tonight if I'm lucky.

Not knowing when you can play does suck, but at the same time, live your normal life until you get the email. It's no different than yesterday.

Forums (especially large, anonymous forums like this one) complain over just about anything. I wouldn't give most of these criticisms a second thought, which is more than many of the authors had while posting them.

Launch fail, just like some of these posts :). I wouldn't give it a second thought though.

True, they only get one first impression.. and for those of us who are adults, it's all good.

:D

Or to those who don't mind being manhandled by corporate America ...

Personally my first impression is that there is a supreme lack of communication between BW/EA and players regarding early access. They've changed so many aspects about the early access, without really informing players before-hand.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not whining. Simply making an observation. The OP asked for a first impression.

Edited by lentWolf

I love how people are complaining about getting early Access, How many other MMO's do you know of that have let you get a week's head start against everyone else, just chill it is just a game and not to mention a game based on one of the most popular sci-fi movie realms of all time, give it a chance people MMO launches are never smooth.

Completely happy, I pre-ordered and entered my code on day one, woke up this morning and logged in. The servers were available, I created my characters, and I will get to play tonight after work.

I have been happy from the start. They told me I could pre-order so I did. They told me I would get a chance in Beta and I did. They told me I would get early access and I did.

I can't complain.

:D

I am proud of how Bioware has conducted everything from the beta tests to early access. For beta, it was the most stable I had ever seen it. For the 'open beta weekend' of sorts, it was super smooth. And now for early access they are following their word, inviting people in order, and staggering it so as not to interrupt our play. They really are trying for that impression, and for me they have it.

How is your first impression of the game and launch? There seems to be alot of disgruntled players on the boards today because of speculation.

You can number these wailing idiots under 100, compared to how many playing this game in a few days time? You think these idiots were ever on BioWare's radar in the first place. They are the surplus dregs that get joked about in their Studio.

How is your first impression of the game and launch? There seems to be alot of disgruntled players on the boards today because of speculation.

They are disgurntled because they are idiots that did not READ about how the staggered access would work.

This type of launch is bad .... I am sorry but it just is...

Ok so my roommate got in the second wave and has gotten my names on the servers I wanted ... but ... I truly wonder just how many people are actually playing and how many are just going around reserving names .... the true test will be tonight after the kids get home from school and the rest of us from work ....

Yea I was there the day we crashed swg on launch but ... it was the same for everyone we all had a chance ... if they were going to take the date you got your preorder code entered they should have said so from the start ... and now if they don't get all that have preordered in by thursday then the current preorder vid is not correct and is falce advertising as it says that you might get 5 days of early access and well if none do then they are poof well anyways .... Roomate is in ... thx for that ... Bad thing is I will be many days different in age and well we had planned on lvling together now i will just have to work harder to pass her ... and there will be no looking back

The least bioware could have done was to tell us when we were going to get in. I know a lot of people who got up early and took off of work to play... and well, they dont even know when they will be able to start playing lol.

Those people are FAIL. Everyone knew what was going to happen today. EVERYONE. So why would you take time off from work in case you can play, then complain about it?

In a week you will read about how they had a terrible launch for an MMORPG.

I think most of this community would agree to having server ques and lag as opposed to an unknown wait time.

The least bioware could have done was to tell us when we were going to get in. I know a lot of people who got up early and took off of work to play... and well, they dont even know when they will be able to start playing lol.

This launch is fail.

LOL. Being bitter about something free is pretty silly. When the game launchs on 12/20/11 we will see, but until then EA should go smoothly.

Yea I was there the day we crashed swg on launch but ... it was the same for everyone we all had a chance ...

So it would better if everyone had the same chance to log in and we would have ended up with crashed servers, meaning that nobody could play?

LAFF, like there will ever be zero complaints of a major MMO on opening day, or early access....

My first impression of you, well... dimly lit.

I'll let you know my first impression of TOR's launch on the 20th, when it actually launches. My first impression of the Early Access period however is that i don't envy Bioware for having to put up with so many people with entitlement issues.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The whining going on is outrageously hilarious.

This type of launch is bad .... I am sorry but it just is...

Ok so my roommate got in the second wave and has gotten my names on the servers I wanted ... but ... I truly wonder just how many people are actually playing and how many are just going around reserving names .... the true test will be tonight after the kids get home from school and the rest of us from work ....

Yea I was there the day we crashed swg on launch but ... it was the same for everyone we all had a chance ... if they were going to take the date you got your preorder code entered they should have said so from the start ... and now if they don't get all that have preordered in by thursday then the current preorder vid is not correct and is falce advertising as it says that you might get 5 days of early access and well if none do then they are poof well anyways .... Roomate is in ... thx for that ... Bad thing is I will be many days different in age and well we had planned on lvling together now i will just have to work harder to pass her ... and there will be no looking back

what false advertising are we talking about? it says UP to 5 days. UP the word UP is the main thing you gotta read. it didnt mean you are guaranteed 5 days...it means UP to 5 days. So you may get 4....3...2...or even 1.

and you u know what you would complain if there was a massive queue or there was lag. So just wait your turn you'll get in soon enough sheesh