Are the Data Cores still bugged and take ~no damage from AE abilities?

EDIT: Added diagram. How to deal with the data core bug:

>>> http://i.imgur.com/h2Mo1gB.jpg <<<

Are the Data Cores still bugged and take ~no damage from AE abilities like Rage Jugg Smash, Sniper Orbital and Scatter Bombs and Sorc Death Fields? This bug has been around since since ~1.4 (others have reported it) up until Patch 2.0 (where i saw it for the first time on my Sniper and Jugg).

5/21/13 Bug report forum

5/20/13 Heroics/FPs/Ops forums

I think the only people who have done this fight in NiM are the guys from DnT. Did you guys notice this happening at all? Any info is appreciated.

Edited by paowee

I was using orbital on cooldown but didn't go out of my way to check. certainly felt like it did but a fairly nebulous answer is the best i can do :) Did you guys get DG's then?

Nope they called it last night after 2 hours when Eudorus had to leave and they swapped in another tank (who was doing it for the first time).

Edited by paowee

I was using orbital on cooldown but didn't go out of my way to check. certainly felt like it did but a fairly nebulous answer is the best i can do :) Did you guys get DG's then?

The data cores take damage but you have to position your AoE's reticle at the exact spot. This can be hard to do as a Rage Jugg, especially hard as an Engineering Sniper, but can be somewhat offset IF you position the center of your (Death Field and Orbital Strike) reticle a few inches towards the middle front of the Data Core's center.

Edited by paowee

I still run into this problem pretty regularly with my Balance sage. Missed FiB is big, two misses is huge--the difference between killing a core myself and needing help. I've used several different tips as read on these forums, and I still can't get my "accuracy" to 100%. Every time it's my turn to hit cores, I wish I was running a sentinel.

The bug is indeed still here. Roovin sniper confirmed that the Data Cores in NiM Operator IX still bug out on AE abilities. Only 1 out of his 3 Orbital ticks dealt damage.

Please fix, this has been out for a long time now.

Edited by paowee

• 2 weeks later...
The bug is indeed still here. Roovin sniper confirmed that the Data Cores in NiM Operator IX still bug out on AE abilities. Only 1 out of his 3 Orbital ticks dealt damage.

Please fix, this has been out for a long time now.

This is hilarious and defiantly highlights the bug. All 3 orbital ticks hit the same exact spot, but only 1/3 is hitting, ha! Needs to be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a diagram >>>> http://i.imgur.com/h2Mo1gB.jpg <<<<

to show how i can almost consistently get ground targeted AoE to hit. Other than this the AoE will hit but won't do any damage to the data core. If anyone knows any other "sweet spots" that would be great!

p.s. this doesn't work for non ground targeted aoes like smash, scatter bombs and flamethrowers. it can work once in a while but it is incredibly hard to duplicate.

Edited by paowee

I made a diagram >>>> http://i.imgur.com/h2Mo1gB.jpg <<<<

p.s. this doesn't work for non ground targeted aoes like smash, scatter bombs and flamethrowers. it can work once in a while but it is incredibly harder to duplicate.

Yeah, it seems the core's hitbox treats ground targeted aoe different to how it treats point blank, frontal or such. Makes me sad to see an incendiary grenade hit with all ticks, yet have only one scatter bomb hit when I'm dropping every single bomb inside the bloody IG fire.:p

Roovin sniper confirmed that the Data Cores in NiM Operator IX still bug out on AE abilities. Only 1 out of his 3 Orbital ticks dealt damage.

This really shows how unreliable even GTAoE is, though. All ticks from one orbital should hit the very same place (should being the key word :p), and the fact that the above happens really highlights the issue.

Edited by diadox