The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 05: Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Plo Koon

Aurbere

He's Liam Neeson, he hunted wolves in random forests then saved 1200 jews under the alias Schindler, he waited and trained Batman went into the future and saved post-apocalyptic Washington DC then after using mothership zeta went and trained Obi-Wan Kenobi and found the Chosen One, becoming one with the force he turned into Zeus and now he appears sometimes as a lion in wardrobes via England or as the anti-hero Darkman.

Grand Master Luke Skywalker? Lol l2Neeson.

You forgot saved his daughter twice from kidnapping, and fought for his wifes honor in Irelad against English tyrants in 2 different time perisods.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot saved his daughter twice from kidnapping, and fought for his wifes honor in Irelad against English tyrants in 2 different time perisods.

My post would be twice the length if I posted every single one of his roles, but alas it was a joke to portray him as epic.

i'd like to note that the only reason i mentioned the some what biased looking origin post is because i have been following this series and when aubere introduced the fighters and the setting in all of those past fights it seemed clear that he was at an impass as to who would win and truelly thought it could go either way as both characters had strengths and weaknesses both having an advantage over the other in difference catagories yet here was the first time when it seemed like there was a clear cut victor before the debate even started as qui-gon had the advantage in nothing, seemed like a bit of a unfair match up for a first round combat when if you knew little about the characters the intro to them at the start just leaves people asking, "why would you even put these 2 together from the sounds of it qui-gon doesnt stand a chance."

It may sound bias, but I assure you that I had to take everything into account when I was giving the edge, and Qui-Gon Jinn's weaknesses were simply too glaring for me to ignore. Which is why Plo Koon gets the edge in those areas in my opinion.

Not only that, but I stll don't know who would win. This decision is the most difficult one yet.

It may sound bias, but I assure you that I had to take everything into account when I was giving the edge, and Qui-Gon Jinn's weaknesses were simply too glaring for me to ignore. Which is why Plo Koon gets the edge in those areas in my opinion.

Not only that, but I stll don't know who would win. This decision is the most difficult one yet.

ya I know that more from reading many of the later posts and it is good it was just hard to come into this at the start and see qui-gon coming out on top with all those weakness in fact i still dont know that he will come on top plo koon as we have already noted has many advantages as well including things like being physically tougher do to his race a saber style that can easily match up against about anything and do very well as well as more practicle applications of force powers in combat (i should really say alter powers though since technically jedi are using the force for there lightsaber combat as well (sensing enviroment and pushing through physical limitations to a degree)

I should note that i do mean no disrespect at all and actually like a great deal of this stuff its great to see this tournament and see the different things people can think of when matching together people who are ACTUALLY close rather then pitting opponents that have no business fighting one another and looks like a curb stomp in favor of the one the POSTER ends up thinking should lose which is always ironic and makes me want to laugh.

Edited by tunewalker

Alright, here comes the final decision. It took a very long time for me to arrive to this conclusion, but a decision had to be made eventually. I wish this could have been a draw, but there can only be one winner.

The duel in Naboo's swamp was a ferocious battle. Qui-Gon Jinn maintained a strong offensive, pushing Plo Koon onto the defensive. Plo Koon eventually retaliated, attacking Qui-Gon Jinn with a powerful Force Push to open up a gap. In this life or death situation, Plo Koon attacked Qui-Gon Jinn with Force lightning, which Qui-Gon promptly blocked with his lightsaber.

Plo Koon then summoned the very environment to his aid. He used the Force to intensify the winds and assault Qui-Gon with them. The powerful whirlwinds carried swamp debris with them, assaulting Qui-Gon with intense winds and debris.

Eventually, Qui-Gon pushed through the whirlwinds and reinitiated the lightsaber duel. But Plo Koon's environmental assault, combined with Qui-Gon's previous agressive attack, had drained the agressive Ataru master. Qui-Gon Jinn continued his agressive assault, but his fatigue was beginning to take effect.

Both Masters were feeling fatigued, but Qui-Gon Jinn had spent too much energy defending himself against the intense whirlwinds, unaware that Plo Koon exerted little energy to assault him in such a way. In a final bout, Plo Koon took advantage of Qui-Gon's increased fatigue and went on the offensive, breaking through Qui-Gon's weaker defense. The victor eventually proved to be Jedi Master Plo Koon.

To all of the Jinn supporters, I did not make this decision lightly, nor did any sort of favoritism blind me here (they tie as my favorite character). I had to take into account every argument put forth, and Plo Koon eventually emerged victorious. It was almost too close to call, but I feel that the right decision was made.

This match was the closest and most epic match yet, but there are plenty more on the way. What will happen when Nautolan meets Zabark in a battle between two of the Order's greatest swordsmasters?

I support this outcome. :D

So, the next battles Kit Fisto vs Agen Kolar? Interesting...

There are certain battles that will act as a filler between big battles. That was the original intention of Ti vs. Unduli, but that wasn't the case. I expect that Kolar vs. Fisto will be one of the shorter ones, as those two probably won't draw as much of a debate as other more popular characters like Exar Kun or Darth Bane.

I am surprised this match dragged on for so long, though.

There are certain battles that will act as a filler between big battles. That was the original intention of Ti vs. Unduli, but that wasn't the case. I expect that Kolar vs. Fisto will be one of the shorter ones, as those two probably won't draw as much of a debate as other more popular characters like Exar Kun or Darth Bane.

Every match will drag on like this, if you hadn't realized that by now. All it takes is one person playing up someone's strengths and then other people who think otherwise will weigh in to counter those points. Instant escalation.

Well, I don't want to begin the debate here, but now I think there's a obvious winner.

Jar Jar would win. Sidious would laugh himself to death lol.:D

Wait...didn't this once mention Jar Jar vs Sidious and people disagreeing? ***!? A good joke ruined:mad:

Edited by Kilikaa

Hey aubere good job in the matches, any clue if we will see Revan in the future fights?

Edited by ZahirS

Hey aubere good job in the matches, any clue if we will see Revan in the future fights?

We tried Revan, but it didn't turn out well. But thanks for the compliment. I guess I kind of got tired of all of the lopsided matches.

We tried Revan, but it didn't turn out well. But thanks for the compliment. I guess I kind of got tired of all of the lopsided matches.

I think you can use Revan (not on this torunament, I like all the characters that are listed), but don't throw him with a character like Surik, there's too much fanboyism involved.

Fair enough, I wished to get Revan back into matches because I know how to do it justice, he was more a message than an actual fighter.

I will follow the next matches closely, but you will probably find same fanboyism in Bane or Exan Kun maybe even more?

Fair enough, I wished to get Revan back into matches because I know how to do it justice, he was more a message than an actual fighter.

I will follow the next matches closely, but you will probably find same fanboyism in Bane or Exan Kun maybe even more?

It goes against every cautionary bone in my body, but I can't let a statement like that stand. Revan was a consummate fighter, he just also had a very unique view of the Force and made some interesting choices.

As for "fanboyism", I hate that term. While it exists, far more often I see people throwing that term "across the aisle" to support their own arguments, as opposed to actually pointing out when people are ignoring inconvenient facts/imagining their favored character to be invincible. When you're dealing with characters in the power tier of Revan, Exar Kun, and Bane (who stand up there with Vader, Malgus, etc.) it's really a knife's edge of difference between their combat abilities and accomplishments.

I'll be working on the next one soon. Would have had it posted sooner, but I had some problems. My illness worsened. I was unexpectedly busy with college work, and personal issues. Plus I've been doing extensive research on Agen Kolar, still haven't found a great deal of information. I'll end up doing some theorizing, most likely.

I have a few errands to run, and then I'll start working on the next match.