Did I choose the right skills?

Danijal

Im a juggernaught tank thats aiming to raid end game. Ive been told that Biochem/Bioanalysis is the way to go.

My question is, can u make alot of credit crafting & selling stims? and will this benefit me alot when im going to raid?

I have not tried Biochem myself, But would think is that is very useful to give you an edge with stims and medpacks if you like PVP'ing alot and useful end game for those high end ops. General leveling not really strictly neccessery but the stims are handy backup I guess, dont forget Biochem can craft implants aswell mind so that it where it is useful for leveling and impants don't drop that much in loot.

Wow :/ sounds like I chose a pretty ****** crew skill. What skills are good for making money?

I would not say that. I have not done Biochem myself yet so cantt comment on how it levels up. But I would think implants do make good credits on the GTN as they simply do not drop as much in loot. I don't think many players actually use medpacks and stims that often while leveling up but I think for endgame ops and certianly PVP there are useful so there is decent market for them.

Biochem is certainly better than alot of the other skills like armourtech and synwheaving. Crafting is not the best in this MMO unfortuatly but Biochem or Cybertech would be most peoples choice as best craft skills in this game as they have been least effected by the growing adpative armour availabilty from cartel market.

You really need to look at crafting along the lines how much does it save me in terms of credit/comms as opposed how much I can make on GTN.;)

IMO, biochem is the only skill worth having. Here is why you can buy most anything that the other professions craft with the profits you make from selling mats alone and playing the GTN, stims are just gravy. Yes, if you are one of the other professions you can buy stims from a biochem, but you cant buy the reusable ones. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, because I'm not a big fan of crafting so I do just enough to get my stims and never touch it again. If you like crafting and getting recipes then then, yes you probably did choose the wrong profession. BTW, if you want to make credits, pick up slicing. You will literally just walk around collecting credits and you can still do biochem just need to buy the Diplomacy stuff, but that doesn't cost that much. Edited by Freedannad

I have every crafting and gathering crew skill to 450 (and the master crafter title). If you just want credits without much time involved, Slicing will give you the most money for the least effort by selling the 450 crew skill missions and purple crafting components. If you want a crafting profession that will benefit you the most in your raiding, then Biochem's reusable stims, medpacks, and adrenals are where it's at. If you don't mind the time involved in crafting and can supply your own materials an Armormech with a companion that has at least +2 crit and full affection paired with the Slicing crew skill will yield the highest monetary returns by selling Aim/Cunning augments, mk-9 augment kits, and 450 crew skill missions.

There was a time when every "progression raider" was expected to have biochem. Now it is more of a convenience thing. You can buy stims that persist through death. The purchased medpacks heal more and any medpac can only be used once per fight now.

Top end for your own use, it is still a good skill to have. For making credits, slicing is the best. Pick up boxes or send crew members out on missions.

To make enough credits so you never have to worry, running 450 crew skill missions for mats is the most reliable. Which mats? Look at the crew skill forum pages; which mats are people asking about now? That's what you want to supply. Right now Beryllius and Thermal Regulators are constantly on the first page. Starting from scratch it will take a couple of weeks to get to 450 skill but after that, just supply the high demand items at GTN standard prices and you can buy all the stims you will ever need.