ETA on SMASH NERF BIoware???

evilmoka

Honestly I think in 1v1 smash isn't all that OP, sometimes annoying, but not OP. It does however become a huge issue when there are more than 2-3 of them in a match. I've played in matches with between 4-6 smashers and that is the most annoying crap to deal with. However I would rather see BW implement better matchmaking protocols than nerf this spec. And that goes for multiples of any spec, when you get a team comprised of 4+ of the same or similar specs, it becomes a headache for the opposing team. I hate going against teams of healers, snipers, sorcs, smashers, or assassins.

Sadly if BW did implement better matchmaking it would probably limit the number of warzone queues, so then people would be complaining about that. So then BW would have to add cross server queues, and then other players would complain about that as well. Its a vicious circle of complaining :rolleyes:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smash will be op for about the next 6 months then it will be nerfed into the ground like vangaurds/powertechs. I agree the class is stupid. They have more DCDs than some tanks. They have an auto-crit aoe. In 1.7 smash was easier to play than a vanguard.

1. Wow another nerf smash thread, you win!

2. You are confusing pre2.0 PTs with smash players. Smashing uses far more buttons than 3 to set up a smash. Let alone other attacks, defensive cooldowns, taunts, stuns, you get the picture.

3. I saw a shadow do 1.1 million and a sorc do 1.6 million in a civil. Can they get a nerf?

Because PTs cant taunt or use other skills either amirite? If you used 2 skills on PT even pre 2.0 you were a bad kid.

Smash right now is worse than PT was pre 2.0 the best you can hope for at this point is they dont absolutely gut your rage tree completely as they tend to do. (See concealment OP and middle tree merc for about an 8-month period.)

Why do people keep bumping this thread?

Because there's no discussion on snow/grass vs east/west on page 1... which makes this the next most important topic in all of the galaxy.

Edited by Baedwulf

The nerf smash argument alone is simply stupid. Stop feeding these trolls.

If they were going to nerf it any further.... don't you think they would have done it in 2.0. You know... that giant patch that was largely based around class changes, adjustments and balance.

Complain about the operative roll or phase walk or something... at least those arguments will make sense.

Or you could just L2P and deal with it... its an MMO after all.

You are making a huge assumption here that they have a clear idea of the consequences of their actions. The evidence for that is highly debatable.

Actually... it is.

The chokee can not interrupt the choker but I promise you it is in fact interruptable with a standard interrupt.

Correct. When I see someone on my team being choked out by a Jugg/Knight/Sentinel/Marauder, I always interrupt them if my interrupt is up. So yeah, it is interruptable.

While it's true Smash can pull off insane burst with little to no effort (and ill agree) there are simply many ways to counter a smasher (stuns, knockbacks, los especially, etc). People act as if this spec is the only spec that can pull off insane damage when in-fact the highest person on my server in terms of damage is a sorcerer with 2.6mil damage, while the second is a Gunslinger with about 1.6mil damage. Hell the third is also a Sniper with about 1.6mil damage so stop acting as if this spec is the only spec you see dealing insane amounts of damage please, after a smasher gets that first smash on you have plenty of time to get them killed or at least controlled to prevent the next smash. It takes 2 different buffs to get that smash on while a gunslinger is hitting me on all my characters including my assassin tank for about 7k+ with no buffs, no anything, and lets not forget at a 30m range. And oh boy deception assassins mauling the living hell out of you while you're stunned and defenseless.

This spec is fine, it could use maybe a little nerfing but just leave it. Anyone with half a brain can counter smash and only the bads especially the one who thought all jugs can use an un-channeling Force Choke (which only Jug tanks can do) and instantly stun a warrior/knight after their first leap are having any problem with this spec. If you're someone who just stacks in a corner or area, doesn't los, and allows the smasher to do his job and continue smashing each and everyone of you brainless stackers who won't los that's your problem.

/Thread

Edited by PowerReaper

While it's true Smash can pull off insane burst with little to no effort (and ill agree) there are simply many ways to counter a smasher (stuns, knockbacks, los especially, etc). People act as if this spec is the only spec that can pull off insane damage when in-fact the highest person on my server in terms of damage is a sorcerer with 2.6mil damage, while the second is a Gunslinger with about 1.6mil damage. Hell the third is also a Sniper with about 1.6mil damage so stop acting as if this spec is the only spec you see dealing insane amounts of damage please, after a smasher gets that first smash on you have plenty of time to get them killed or at least controlled to prevent the next smash. It takes 2 different buffs to get that smash on while a gunslinger is hitting me on all my characters including my assassin tank for about 7k+ with no buffs, no anything, and lets not forget at a 30m range. And oh boy deception assassins mauling the living hell out of you while you're stunned and defenseless.

This spec is fine, it could use maybe a little nerfing but just leave it. Anyone with half a brain can counter smash and only the bads especially the one who thought all jugs can use an un-channeling Force Choke (which only Jug tanks can do) and instantly stun a warrior/knight after their first leap are having any problem with this spec. If you're someone who just stacks in a corner or area, doesn't los, and allows the smasher to do his job and continue smashing each and everyone of you brainless stackers who won't los that's your problem.

/Thread

All you have to look at for what to balance is rated teams.

if they are stacking 3 of one damage class chances are it needs nerfed. It also means People playing other classes for mains arent getting a chance in groups.

DoT tree's are not viable in rateds currently as much as they should be, You can push out damage sure, but 2 healers + guard at main fight makes you nothing but fluff damage. And Dot's break CC caps and sometimes hurt your team more than help.

And you cant always just not dot people, Because you could have dotted 25 seconds ago and they might still be there, (if you're lethality)

All you have to look at for what to balance is rated teams.

if they are stacking 3 of one damage class chances are it needs nerfed. It also means People playing other classes for mains arent getting a chance in groups.

DoT tree's are not viable in rateds currently as much as they should be, You can push out damage sure, but 2 healers + guard at main fight makes you nothing but fluff damage. And Dot's break CC caps and sometimes hurt your team more than help.

And you cant always just not dot people, Because you could have dotted 25 seconds ago and they might still be there, (if you're lethality)

None of those snipers were dot specs, it was either Marksman or Lethality. Not sure about the sorc, don't believe me? check our server forum.

Let us give sorcerers/sages aoe attacks that do 10k damage vs medium armor. We shall call it "Smoosh". Will the same ppl defending smash now also defend smoosh when ppl ask for it to be nerfed? I think not.

Thats just a dumb statement. Sorcerors already have plenty of stuff to use aside from that. Nerf smash/sweep and the spec becomes even worse. (smash isn't that great right now when you compare it to sniper anyways).

If you suck so much with Smash that you don't clearly see how ridiculously OP it is as an AOE, then there clearly IS a L2P issue.

Yeah... you obviously are a qq baby.

Its about using the tools you got.

I can do just as much dmg on my sin, pt, and sorc.

People just don't know how to play or use their toons properly. That is all there is to it. They get rofl stomped by someone and dont know what to do but qq.

Sure man soon as my sage/sorcerer gets a stun that don't break on damage and a spamable attack that does 9-11k I will. The ppl that need to l2p are the smashers and other ez mode players like, umm those that maul-maul-stun-maul. Seriously how is it a ltp issue for the guy taking 21k damage in 4 secs?

Again, for those that don't get it cause there's at least one that does't. The developers want money from bad and good players they want them to do pve and pvp so they keep paying, if u take away ez mode builds, like this assassin guy who thinks he is a pro pvper, then you ppl will end up quitting because the game will requires more than a few skills to use and will be to hard for you to play.

The l2p issue isn't with the victims of 9-11k hits, but is with the ppl that play those builds...if you don't see this you are only fooling yourselves.

Don't like getting killed by that sage/sorcerer who has been attacking you for 2 minutes while you spar with another melee class or beat on a healer? Then just turn around target it and kill it...it won't take 2 minutes.

You cant "spam" smash.

Sorcs do have a hard stun (not sure what you are talking about here)

You can get out of the "maul maul stun maul if you know what you are doing... same with smash.

Also, I have a sorc and my AOEs hit for 5k + now and I can do them from 30 meters away.

And jugs don’t have a stun that does not break on damage unless you are including “choke” and that is channeled (unless speced into the tank tree). Meaning- you cant do anything while you are holding the stun.

Don’t talk about being a good pvper and not know what you are talking about.

/Thread

Hold on there one second partner; let's not /thread prematurely. I would like to point that there may be ways to shutdown a smash, if they don't get their shockwave stacks prior to jumping to you and insta smashing, but most of those ways will also shutdown any other class so they are irrelevant. Also, the top damage dealers on your server may be non-smashers but I would bet, unless it is different from ours, MOST of the top damage dealers in a given match are smashers. You make some good point's but hardly /thread!

Edited by skarlson

I'm getting a little tired of Unstoppable Smash now. I don't understand how an ability that is so easy to use has no defense against it.

Sure, perhaps I can toss my Barrier out, but whats the point when I'm already down to at best 50% of my health after the inevitable instant sweep (that will just about always hit due to ability queue) following the smash.. Of course, If I'm lucky enough to move a little bit after the sweep, I know a choke is coming leaving me at or below 30% for a final toss that hits for near 8K. Even then, whats the point? To attack them while they are immune to 100% of damage that just gets reflected back? Or who knows, they can always just drop into the tanking tree and negate the majority of damage increase I get from capped expertise for 10 seconds.

The skill trees are all sorts of screwed up when it comes to PvP, way too much damage and survivability for a PvP environment are placed way too low across the skill trees. It's not just smash that is the problem.

Edit:

And jugs don’t have a stun that does not break on damage unless you are including “choke” and that is channeled (unless speced into the tank tree). Meaning- you cant do anything while you are holding the stun.

Don’t talk about being a good pvper and not know what you are talking about.

LOL.. your right, no stuns that don't break on damage.. except for force choke which is currently doing what? 5K+ damage in 3 seconds? Lets see, obliterate = 2K? Smash = 8K? Sweep = 6K? Choke = 5K? Thats 21K right there. A Conq geared augmented Sorc is sitting at a touch over 30K. That puts them in range for Throw which I've been hit by in (with full expertise) for 7K-8K many times.

I'd love for my hard stun to do that much damage for the duration, hell, I'd even be happy with it doing half that over the duration.

Edited by _Kayko_

Wrong time to pick this topic. On Jung Mah the imp side never has more than 2 melee dps and they are continually topping the charts in medals. With snipers top dps and sin / sorc tying with the jedi in kills and pretty close in Dps. Pull up your parse meter and look at the damage over time. Also the jedi is easily lost in a crowd of ranged fighters who can support from a distance with almost every attack at any time.

Look at boxing, even in his 40's every boxer complained about how hard Foreman hit. In his prime he was favored to beat Ali. Ali just changed the game and wore Foreman down and then slowly won the fight.