Kuat, planetary comms, 55, why?

Fardarter

Title says it all why is Kuat dropping planetary coms for 55's?

Also where are the drops? I see rep Items and some build kits? I don't see anything remotely interesting at the rep vendor.

I like that it is something different but how does doing it make my character better? Planetary Comms?!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Title says it all why is Kuat dropping planetary coms for 55's?

Also where are the drops? I see rep Items and some build kits? I don't see anything remotely interesting at the rep vendor.

I like that it is something different but how does doing it make my character better? Planetary Comms?!

Because is more easy than CZ ones. That is the point, more easy, more fast, worst comms. Easy. Do it with alts, is the best way.

I thought there was a level 15 - 55 and a 55 category ? That's what I read from the PTS forums some weeks ago. So why doesn't the 55 one drop basic or something else , indeed OP.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

My point is simply planetary comms have ZERO VALUE to a 55.

I don't see how anyone can stand here and argue they do.

I just find it incredibly short sighted to offer NEW CONTENT which offers nothing for top level players, by the way the largest group of players in the game = TOP LEVEL.

Oh and the Speeder offered at the rep vender is GINORMOUS can't wait to see fleet clogged with them lol

I just find it incredibly short sighted to offer NEW CONTENT which offers nothing for top level players, by the way the largest group of players in the game = TOP LEVEL.

Oh and the Speeder offered at the rep vender is GINORMOUS can't wait to see fleet clogged with them lol

Well, they might have some value for alts or for buying planetary armor sets, but that's about it.

My point is simply planetary comms have ZERO VALUE to a 55....

Disagree. I have yet to cap my planetary comms on my main, a 55 raiding tank. I keep spending them.

If the Tactical Flash Point is simple, I can see this as a reward. I could equally see planetary comms as a reward from the 55th level version of the flash point as an error on BioWare's part.

Edited by DarthTHC

Disagree. I have yet to cap my planetary comms on my main, a 55 raiding tank. I keep spending them.

If the Tactical Flash Point is simple, I can see this as a reward. I could equally see planetary comms as a reward from the 55th level version of the flash point as an error on BioWare's part.

LOL way to hedge your bets there!

Spending on what? Purple Boxes which give Inheritance gear?

You can use them to gear your alts.

Or buy boxes that have chances of dropping highly valued Orange pieces, like the X-52 Sniper rifle.

Or you can buy mods/armorings/hilts and sell them on the GTN.

Basic comms have zero value to me as well.

Elite comms have zero value to me as well.

Ultimate comms have zero value to me as well.

If you still care about comms for anything other than alts, you are not a top level player.

Oh...you meant...top level as in level 55. OK nevermind, I guess.

If you still care about comms for anything other than alts, you are not a top level player.

LOL you sir are L33T

Won't be destroyed over it if it's left planetary comms but I agree as another poster said that this may have been in error and intended to be basic comms for 55.

I could use another way to intial gear new alts at 55, plus considering broken bolster and wanting to start playing PvP again with my main I need to re-gear her for broken bolster.

I was only able to que for the 55 one, the other one was greyed out and said 15-54 i think

I dont remember what I got for it but the flashpoint was ridiculously easy and took very little time and we just ran around hitting stuff, heck there is only 1 boss in the whole thing....what could we really expect from it, certainly not elite comms. Maybe a couple basic comms...but it was SUPER EASY.

Edited by kirorx

Honestly, It's kind of nice to have a quick way to grind planetary comms at L55 (other than dailies). We already have plenty of ways to grind basic comms (L50 HM and Czerka SM), and this is helpful for gearing up alts, I guess.

But I am curious whether this was by design.

Well sir not everyone is 10/10 on DF and DS HM. But no one also needs planetary comms at level 55. The only time you need planetary comms is when you just turn lvl 50 on a toon, then fully deck in 58 gear, then never ever use planetary comms again. Level 55 content dropping planetary comms is a really bad joke.