Looking for Christian Guild

jffroese

It would hardly be productive to have to rehash this entire conversation just because 3 months (or 6 months) had passed. It's not like the topic or previously-posted information would suddenly be irrelevant.

As a Christian/persona that cares about things, I personally would appreciate less chat of getting "raped" by opponents (it's far from sensitive to the apparently 1 in 5 females who suffer sexual abuse at some point in their life) or the kind of put-downs I see in PVP chat... However, being in a guild wouldn't spare me from any of that until I'm in lvl 50+ PVP matches anyway.

Hey I am not trying to discriminate against anyone and I don't want to upset anyone but I would like to join a guild of people who believe in the same thing as me. :) I want to join a Christian guild but I can't find one that is not on a locked server. Does anyone know of one that I could join on one of the servers that isn't locked.

Thanks to anyone that helps.

Greetings:

Even before the game was released, I noticed a good many large Christian guilds looking to recruit members. I noticed that a good many on them, for reasons I was not aware, always preferred to play on on the Sith Empire side on the PvP servers.

I could send you to a site that has a listing of many guilds that were set up before the game was released, but the website is down at the moment, and the domain is still needing to be renewed. If anyone is familiar with it, the site was TORSyndicate.com . They hosted many guild sites, fansites, podcasts,etc.

TORSyndicate used to host our guild banner, as we hosted their website logo as we are/were a proud supporter. Well, if the site is reinstated, you can quickly find what you need. If not, I wish you well in your search. May the Force be with you.

OK, I'll bite.

I haven't seen anything on this forum about an Atheist guild, or Buddhist guild, or religious guild.

Why should Christian players segregate themselves into a community exclusively of their faith? Are you really that afraid of non-Christians?

Don't get me wrong, it's up to you if you want to do that.

OK, I'll bite.

I haven't seen anything on this forum about an Atheist guild, or Buddhist guild, or religious guild.

Why should Christian players segregate themselves into a community exclusively of their faith? Are you really that afraid of non-Christians?

Because he wants to. And he's not attempting to segregate himself. And he's not "afraid of Christians." Where do you come up with this stuff? This says more about you than the OP.

Look at it this way: You're out in the world (err, galaxy) all day long dealing with lots of different people of different religions, different races, different political views, different ethics. Some of these people who you would otherwise not know even dress in fashions that make you aware of their preferences. When dealing with all these folks you should not discriminate against them, of course, just because your are "X" and they are "Y".

But when you come home after a hard day maybe you just want to interact with your family who will not freak out and call you names because you want to say grace at a meal.

I see nothing wrong with that. I am not a Christian.

Because he wants to. And he's not attempting to segregate himself. And he's not "afraid of Christians." Where do you come up with this stuff? This says more about you than the OP.

Look at it this way: You're out in the world (err, galaxy) all day long dealing with lots of different people of different religions, different races, different political views, different ethics. Some of these people who you would otherwise not know even dress in fashions that make you aware of their preferences. When dealing with all these folks you should not discriminate against them, of course, just because your are "X" and they are "Y".

But when you come home after a hard day maybe you just want to interact with your family who will not freak out and call you names because you want to say grace at a meal.

I see nothing wrong with that. I am not a Christian.

Oh believe me, I understand, more than you realize. Just felt like somebody had to play, uh...devil's advocate. :p

No need for the personal attack.

When I made the "afraid of non-Christians" comment it was more of a tongue-in-cheek remark. and I might have chosen my words better (sorry about that), but seriously if you're going to go out of your way to limit your interactions to people of the same religion, that's an unfortunate aspect of the community. I said very clearly I'm not denying the right to do so. It's just kinda unfortunate.

"maybe you just want to interact with your family who will not freak out and call you names because you want to say grace at a meal. "

For sure, but then why would this apply solely to the Christian community to the point that they're the only group that feels the need for this kind of guild, and what happens if we extend this on principle to every other religious group? I'm not convinced that it's any more urgently needed for Christians than any other group, yet it seems Christians are the ones who feel this is necessary. It's their right. It just raises questions.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

• 1 month later...
OK, I'll bite.

Christians are no longer allowed to express our faith in public. Society has made it so that religion can only be even be mentioned in a strictly religious setting, such as church. If an atheist took to general chat and started saying something along the lines of "god r not reel and cristans are stupit" no one would DARE to respond in defense of Christendom. There would be widespread cries of agreement. If a Christian DARED to take to general chat, and said anything regarding his faith whatsoever, paragraphs upon paragraphs of HATE and INTOLERANCE would be thrown at him, for believing in a God. So now we are at the point where we can not express our religion except for in the aforementioned strictly religious setting, there is none in SWTOR, so men began creating Christian guilds. These guilds provide a strictly religious setting and that is why Christians feel inclined to create them. I hope this answers your questions.

Christians are no longer allowed to express our faith in public. Society has made it so that religion can only be even be mentioned in a strictly religious setting, such as church. If an atheist took to general chat and started saying something along the lines of "god r not reel and cristans are stupit" no one would DARE to respond in defense of Christendom. There would be widespread cries of agreement. If a Christian DARED to take to general chat, and said anything regarding his faith whatsoever, paragraphs upon paragraphs of HATE and INTOLERANCE would be thrown at him, for believing in a God. So now we are at the point where we can not express our religion except for in the aforementioned strictly religious setting, there is none in SWTOR, so men began creating Christian guilds. These guilds provide a strictly religious setting and that is why Christians feel inclined to create them. I hope this answers your questions.

Oh please, stop playing the martyr card. I don't know what country you live in, but where I come from Christianity is the official state religion. Yeah, we still have a damn state religion in this day and age, and politicians still bang on about God and Faith because they think that's what's expected of them (i.e. it will get them votes). Teachers in my little great-nephew's state school are allowed to fill his head with all their nonsense: Christian myths taught as fact to little kids, all paid for with my taxes. So pardon me if I seem unsympathetic to your desperate plight of not being allowed to proselytise in General Chat. Last place I want to see more of this is in a computer game where I am trying to relax, away from the real world for a couple of hours.

Your faith had a good 1500 years of imposing itself on everyone else at the point of a sword or a burning brand. I reckon you had a pretty good run. But that time is gone and you have to adapt. Suddenly it is all about tolerance and free speech, now you can't force people to follow your religion any more? Takes some real brass neck for Christians to complain about not being able to express their religion, considering their own track record regarding tolerance of other faiths and differences of opinion within their own faith. To scream in caps about the denial of rights you for so many centuries denied to countless others: That takes some nerve.

You belong to the biggest faith on the planet, nearly a third of its population, and you sit in a privileged position at the top of the heap. Seven of the G8 group of most wealthy nations are Christian countries by long tradition or have Christianity as the largest faith group, and most of those seven have leaders who openly profess to be Christians. Some even belong to political parties that have the word "Christian" in their names. You are not a persecuted minority, you run this planet.

I do, however, wish you success in forming Christian guilds where you can be Christians away from everyone else, because I sure don't want any of that stuff (or to be fair, the stuff of any other religion, or lack of religion for that matter) polluting my game.

Oh, and portraying your imaginary atheist opponent as an illiterate moron? Classy, real classy. You ever wonder why non-Christians don't like you guys much?

Edited by PLynkes

Oh please, stop playing the martyr card. I don't know what country you live in, but where I come from Christianity is the official state religion. Yeah, we still have a damn state religion in this day and age, and politicians still bang on about God and Faith because they think that's what's expected of them (i.e. it will get them votes). Teachers in my little great-nephew's state school are allowed to fill his head with all their nonsense: Christian myths taught as fact to little kids, all paid for with my taxes. So pardon me if I seem unsympathetic to your desperate plight of not being allowed to proselytise in General Chat. Last place I want to see more of this is in a computer game where I am trying to relax, away from the real world for a couple of hours.

Your faith had a good 1500 years of imposing itself on everyone else at the point of a sword or a burning brand. I reckon you had a pretty good run. But that time is gone and you have to adapt. Suddenly it is all about tolerance and free speech, now you can't force people to follow your religion any more? Takes some real brass neck for Christians to complain about not being able to express their religion, considering their own track record regarding tolerance of other faiths and differences of opinion within their own faith. To scream in caps about the denial of rights you for so many centuries denied to countless others: That takes some nerve.

You belong to the biggest faith on the planet, nearly a third of its population, and you sit in a privileged position at the top of the heap. Seven of the G8 group of most wealthy nations are Christian countries by long tradition or have Christianity as the largest faith group, and most of those seven have leaders who openly profess to be Christians. Some even belong to political parties that have the word "Christian" in their names. You are not a persecuted minority, you run this planet.

I do, however, wish you success in forming Christian guilds where you can be Christians away from everyone else, because I sure don't want any of that stuff (or to be fair, the stuff of any other religion, or lack of religion for that matter) polluting my game.

Oh, and portraying your imaginary atheist opponent as an illiterate moron? Classy, real classy. You ever wonder why non-Christians don't like you guys much?

classic atheist, intolerant, always acting like the poor little victim, classy, real classy. You ever wonder why Christians still like you no matter what? because we believe in something called "free will", you are free to be atheist as we are free to believe, we tolerate but sadly most of you don't, i hope you people will make peace and avoid further intolerance and arrogance.

Edited by _biddan_