How do I kill Darth Angral???

Savvart

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am way under lvled and actually a few missions away(i think)but i wanna know what planet u kill him on or wat planet his ship is near

Um... Its Not a "Planet" it an Instance.... that only exists for that fight.... Spoilers Incoming so Read At Your own risk....

the short version is....Angral Having completed His devastator weapon Starts attacking planets, You chase His ship and catch up to him as he is preparing to destroy Tython, you infiltrate his ship... fight some people make it to His command deck and Fight ensues, you save tython.

okay, i got the strength stim, used lots of interrupts, and even sent kira in first, and even though im level 37, I still can't defeat him. it's like the last 25% of my health he uses his OP blast and finishes me off. I tried to use force kick to prevent him from OP blasting me, but there's no CD/Warm up bar for when he casts it. so far, I say it's F#%%ing impossible, almost as if I have to be PVE spec'd @ level 50 to defeat the POS.

okay, i got the strength stim, used lots of interrupts, and even sent kira in first, and even though im level 37, I still can't defeat him. it's like the last 25% of my health he uses his OP blast and finishes me off. I tried to use force kick to prevent him from OP blasting me, but there's no CD/Warm up bar for when he casts it. so far, I say it's F#%%ing impossible, almost as if I have to be PVE spec'd @ level 50 to defeat the POS.

Well, that simply isn't true. I beat him as a level 30 watchman sentinel even though Kira bugged out and acted CC'ed the entire fight. I don't know what your advance class is, but as a sentinel the heal ticks from burns and point blank force leap were crucial. My gear was also pretty good - my first character but trade skills and the GTN have me in mostly oranges minus my belt, and a few pieces with augments in them. I use commendations and trade skills to keep my mods fresh. Kira's gear was lacking, she has a few good pieces but was missing both implants and a couple of pieces were really out of date.

I went into the fight unprepared for how painful it is, with no might stim on and without call on the force (it was up, I just always forget I have it). Did my standard thing with boss fights and let Kira take the first few swings for aggro, then jumped in with a pretty typical rotation - overload saber, zealous strike, cauterize, master strike - at that point aggro transferred to me.

He was already dropping like a stone, so I pressed the attack and didn't bother to interrupt until I noticed that half my hit points had vanished. Quickly hit my med pack and started chaining defensive cool downs and interrupting everything by cycling kick, leap and stasis. Zen on cool down to feed myself and Kira some heals. Through effective cool down management and good interrupts he barely damaged me during this phase.

When my cool downs were up, I used force camo to get him back on Kira, who had been standing there useless in a shock effect the entire fight, at this point I just piled on more pain, keeping master strike - overload saber - zealous strike and cauterize on cool down. Filling in with slash to get more cauterizes out. He fell directly before he was about to finish off Kira.

I did him today, after quite a few tries, with the advice off some guys here. I am level 32 Guardian. The help i can provide is this:

• Call on the force is almost essential if you don't outlevel him
  • Send Kira in first, let him take his big bit (1800-2000) and then dive in to help her, with taunt and
  • Might stim is more effective than endurance stim
  • Don't forget to activate your stim, force might etc before taking him on - again after each death
  • Do remember how to chain your abilities, jump in to give free blade storm, push to interrupt and then jump to interrupt again, stasis and pommel strike to interrupt again - use basic abilities like sundering strike, riposte and master strike when he is not channeling
  • Use saber ward early and then again after call on the force, giving you 24 seconds of massive defence and 4 seconds of near invulnerability - try not to let this and warding call overlap to maximise your defence.
  • Use call on the force, enure and medpac to give yourself a health advantage
  • Keep an eye on him channeling, you will have force boot to the head in case any of your stun interrupts are not available

Hope this helps.

Easy he have 2 skills he "CAST" one is a lightning. dont bother interupt it, it does almost no dmg but interupt the other one and you will take him down easy.

Sounds like a good approach. He has two channeling casts, one that goes left to right on the channeling bar (the blue one). I believe this is the lightning. Then he has a second, more powerful channeled attack in which it channels right to left. That's the big one and I believe the one you want to interrupt the most.

It took me numerous attempts to win this but it's mostly about interrupts and timely uses of your CDs. Keep at it and pay attention to what's working until you get the right process down.

Took me about 10 tries. The key is to interrupt as much as possible. His little explosion ability is the killer. It'll take about 1/5th of your health easy. As long as you can interrupt that and mitigate his force lightning channel as much as possible, the fight is fairly straight forward. Use Kira as much as possible.

Does Kira have a helmet, earpiece, and implants? Lots of people just accept the quest gear and neve fill empty companion slots. It is a lot of stats you could be missing. The other thing that helps is to ALWAYS UPGRADE YOUR HILT. The first thing you spend Commendations on when you leave a planet should be your Hilt. As a Knight you are extremely dependent on your weapon damage.

I remember hearing about people having trouble with it before I got there and then I smoked him no problem. I was greatly disappointed with the entire fight. I was a couple levels over the content with my hilts/crystals/enhancements all at blue-grade or better for my level (because I'm Artifice and was totally OCD about having my gear ready for me) and Kira had the same deal in her Elegant Dress outfit.

I don't think I dipped below 50 percent health. It was totally super easy.

If you're not leveled appropriately, do a couple space missions, go complete the bonus series, upgrade your gear some. As long as you don't let him explode your face off with his big skills and you're appropriately leveled/geared, it should be no problem.

Also remember that Force Leap and Force Stasis interrupt too.

I remember owning him first try @ lvl 34 or so. If you follow the planet quests, you should get there around 32 and I'm confident I'd faceroll him at that level.

Make sure sure Kira is geared with the best gear available (you can get 5 oranges pieces of social gear for her on coruscant, as soon as you hit Social I - then modding her with whatever is available from commendations).

I found most problems with boss fights are either gear related, or interrupt related.

If you still fail, the problem is most likely sitting 18 inches from the screen... =P (sry couldn't resist)

• 3 months later...
I had a tough time fighting Angral...I used my interupts and even sent in Kira first..but he still kept wiping the floor with me..even after I leveled up. I ended up having to get another player to help me. Mainly the other player would draw Angral off of me when I was running low on health so that I could go off and use a med pack and heal before jumping back into the fight.

I remember owning him first try @ lvl 34 or so. If you follow the planet quests, you should get there around 32 and I'm confident I'd faceroll him at that level.

Make sure sure Kira is geared with the best gear available (you can get 5 oranges pieces of social gear for her on coruscant, as soon as you hit Social I - then modding her with whatever is available from commendations).

I found most problems with boss fights are either gear related, or interrupt related.

If you still fail, the problem is most likely sitting 18 inches from the screen... =P (sry couldn't resist)

This is very true..I've learned that as well...the key to wining the majority of boss fights either has to do with gear or using your interrupts.

• 2 months later...
monkgryphon's answer may, at first glance, sound unhelpfull and arrogant to the point of being offensive, but I am afraid he is essentialy right.

It ist (unfortunatly or not, that is open to debate) advice on all TOR bossfights in a nutshell.

Use a strength Stim to boost your DPS, use your defensive spells right and don't forget to call on the force, even though CoF has an attrociously lang CD.

You may have figured this out by your self, but I include it anyway:

It is important that you spread Angrals damage between you and your compannion.

Send Kira in first, let her get aggro, then come in. Take over Angrals attacs when Kira's health goes down und then turn back over to her once your health hits aprox. 1/3.

Also, while I am very much opposed to the concept of interrupts in TOR's gameplay because they carry the unplesant stench of a quick time event, they are actualy a key to winning bossfights. So, whenever you see a blue bar filling under Angral's healthbar, force kick or force stasis it.

I'm having same problem beating Angral as a sentinel. I got really close the first time but haven't come anywhere near close since. Everything you say makes sense but... I don't understand what you mean by interrupts.:rak_02:

I'm having same problem beating Angral as a sentinel. I got really close the first time but haven't come anywhere near close since. Everything you say makes sense but... I don't understand what you mean by interrupts.:rak_02:

Enemies have very powerful moves just like players. You can usually tell when an enemy is about to use one of their strongest moves because of a blue bar filling under their name as well an icon for the ability showing next to their name. That ability should be interrupted. Sentinels have two good interrupts: force kick (its purpose is to interrupt) and force stasis (a stun). Using one of those for the big moves should keep damage manageable.

Other than that use your major defensive cooldowns (Call on the Force should be used for Act bosses for sure), Camouflage, the accuracy debuff, your defensive group buff, etc. and hit the bastard hard and fast.

Don't forget that force leap is an interrupt and I have the minimum range down to 0 through talents. That is probably my favorite interrupt because it builds focus instead of costing it.

Just curious what spec sentinel? I beat angral at level 30 he was 33 and I am watchman. I singed 30 in the mission you go fight him. Took me 4 tries but once Call on the Force came back I took him that try.

Edited by planet_J

Okay. That could definitely help. I'll try to save them for that. I'm not sure how to post my specs. I think I have most of my armor close to level though. On the camouflage thing I don't get what its for because it cuts out whenever you attack and doesn't build health or anything when its active. Edited by Runswithblaster

Okay. That could definitely help. I'll try to save them for that. I'm not sure how to post my specs. I think I have most of my armor close to level though. On the camouflage thing I don't get what its for because it cuts out whenever you attack and doesn't build health or anything when its active.

It's an aggro dump...if he is wailing on you not your companion, you can force camo to give aggro to your companion for a few minutes

Edited by planet_J

It's an aggro dump...if he is wailing on you not your companion, you can force camo to give aggro to your companion for a few minutes

Ah.. I've learned a lot. Went back and really tried to learn my abilities instead of more or less button mashing. I also notice I kept interrupting my own master strike. Thanks to everyone's help on here I did finally beat him and with the better understanding of the game enjoy it more.