How do I kill Darth Angral???

Savvart

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a level 33 Jedi Knight and no matter what I do I cannot kill him.

I've tried so many times already, he just wins all the time...

Help please... :o

i killed him with my lvl 35 sent and kira ofc, i have 9.5k hp (full purple stuff) but it wasnt tough at all, i was dissapointed

Play harder and better?

monkgryphon's answer may, at first glance, sound unhelpfull and arrogant to the point of being offensive, but I am afraid he is essentialy right.

It ist (unfortunatly or not, that is open to debate) advice on all TOR bossfights in a nutshell.

Use a strength Stim to boost your DPS, use your defensive spells right and don't forget to call on the force, even though CoF has an attrociously lang CD.

You may have figured this out by your self, but I include it anyway:

It is important that you spread Angrals damage between you and your compannion.

Send Kira in first, let her get aggro, then come in. Take over Angrals attacs when Kira's health goes down und then turn back over to her once your health hits aprox. 1/3.

Also, while I am very much opposed to the concept of interrupts in TOR's gameplay because they carry the unplesant stench of a quick time event, they are actualy a key to winning bossfights. So, whenever you see a blue bar filling under Angral's healthbar, force kick or force stasis it.

Seriously, people, why even post if all you're going to do is display your epeen. Nobody gives a **** that you beat him easy peasy. No. Really. Nobody cares.

To the OP, here are some actual helpful tips:

1. Make sure your gear on yourself and Kira is up to level.
  2. Send in Kira first.
  3. When Angral begins a channel, leap in to disrupt.
  4. Use kick>Stasis>kick>force push>leap>kick to interrupt as many Angral's channeling as possible.
  5. When Kira gets down to low health, taunt Angral off of her.
  6. Also don't forget Call of the Force and your saber wards.

Edited by Cerion

Seriously, people, why even post if all you're going to do is display your epeen. Nobody gives a **** that you beat him easy peasy. No. Really. Nobody cares.

I didn't kill him "easy peasy".

The bastard killed me about a dozen times. He IS a tough enemy.

One of the reasons I lost so often was probably because I didn't pay enough attention to my gear.

The inconvinient truth is, as JK you simply have to be good to win bossfights.

You have to use a sensible rotation, and, especialy as a sentinel, you also have to get your interrupts right.

Basically what everyone else has said. Send Kira in first, and interrupt when you can. Use a strength stim and all your buffs. Oh, and don't forget to bring a medpack or two.

why two?

With a CD of 90 sec. it's unlikely you get a chance for a second dose. ;)

Or maybe that's just me, because I usualy don't use a medpack before I'm not about 3/4s down. Mistake?

I ended up just outleveling him. I was a 35 when I finally got the best of him. Even then I used Heroic might, Strength stim, a medpac and a lot of interrupts.

Of all the turning point bosses i've killed on my 3 50's (jugg,sorcerer,commando), Angral was by far the toughest, only because I had to actually use some skill by pushing an extra button or 2.

Now that being said, I know a lot of players out there, because of the dismal sad state of the worst UI in mmo history (swtor) are constantly glancing down to the bottom of their screens and not what the boss is chanelling. As a knight you have all the abilities to beat him.

Check out tutorials on u-tube, they will help a lot.

/waves hand;

You will beat Angral.

To the OP, here are some actual helpful tips:

1. Make sure your gear on yourself and Kira is up to level.
  2. Send in Kira first.
  3. When Angral begins a channel, leap in to disrupt.
  4. Use kick>Stasis>kick>force push>leap>kick to interrupt as many Angral's channeling as possible.
  5. When Kira gets down to low health, taunt Angral off of her.
  6. Also don't forget Call of the Force and your saber wards.

^^ This

Monkgryphon: your advice was unhelpful not because it was unorignial, but because it was non-specific to the point of uselessness.

Fearlessxiii: you're really saying that monk's advice was adequate? I disagree, vehemently. Your advice was MUCH better than his because of your specificity. You actually offered help, whereas monk was only offering backhanded criticism.

Stonelead: I laughed. Although, if helpful advice had not be presented before your post, it would've just been more frustrating... Good sense of timing on your part. :-)

Nomaad: I thought your post was excellent. You brought another option for the OP (and maybe me, for that matter) to learn from! woot!

Fearlessxiii: you're really saying that monk's advice was adequate? I disagree, vehemently. Your advice was MUCH better than his because of your specificity. You actually offered help, whereas monk was only offering backhanded criticism.

well, to his credit, he realy gave andvice on JK fights in a nutshell.

It IS a chalenging class. When I die, it is often because I did not use what I have right.

There is no secret to winning a bossfight as a sentinel.

I defeated Angral simply be trying again and again, as frustrating as it was.

Also, while I am very much opposed to the concept of interrupts in TOR's gameplay because they carry the unplesant stench of a quick time event, they are actualy a key to winning bossfights.

Quick time event? What does that even mean?

Spell interruption has been around about as long as MMOs have.

Quick time event? What does that even mean?

Press X to not die.

like in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, when you have to hit the mele attack button at the exact right moment, to prevent an attackdog from tearing out your throat.

Or in Uncharted, wenn in the midle of the game, without warning, you get a cutscene an you have to hit a certain butten instantly or you fall down a pit.

Press X to not die.

like in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, when you have to hit the mele attack button at the exact right moment, to prevent an attackdog from tearing out your throat.

Or in Uncharted, wenn in the midle of the game, without warning, you get a cutscene an you have to hit a certain butten instantly or you fall down a pit.

Like I said, spell interrupts have been around longer than those. And if I recall from the one Call of Duty I played, you have to repeatedly mash the button. Spell interrupts require you to actually pay attention to your screen and see which spell you're interrupting to conserve your limited interrupts for the important ones.

why two?

With a CD of 90 sec. it's unlikely you get a chance for a second dose. ;)

Or maybe that's just me, because I usualy don't use a medpack before I'm not about 3/4s down. Mistake?

The second one is saved for when I get desperate and start kiting him

Like I said, spell interrupts have been around longer than those. And if I recall from the one Call of Duty I played, you have to repeatedly mash the button. Spell interrupts require you to actually pay attention to your screen and see which spell you're interrupting to conserve your limited interrupts for the important ones.

Well, I have to take your word for it. this is my first adventure in the dark swamps of MMORPGs so I don't know my self.

Guess it's a matter of taste. So far, I just don't like it very much.

So I'll give you my version of strat for this fight.

Took me five tries so don't feel bad, although I was two levels undercon at the time. You have to use all your skills and even at that it's so close it could go either way. It can come down to a string of lucky crits or a missed interrupt. But that's what makes it fun.

Most of this has already been said, but I've added a couple of things:

= Kira needs good gear too, she should have over 6000 hp at least for this fight IMO. (There's a reason this fight requires Kira, she's part of the story)

= It's probably best to clear out all the trash mobs in the bridge area first in case your fight spills out onto the walkway.

= Turn off Kira's auto AoE and Shield skills, I prefer Kira's Exasanguination stance for a long fight like this. Make sure Kira's shield skill isn't on cooldown before you start. Always check that your own long cd skills are ready before you start, goes without saying.

= Send Kira in by clicking her highest damage skill

= Force leap in to interrupt Angral's first induction (you'll see the induction bar above his vitals) this will come up right away.

= Manually hit Kira's shield skill

= You can position yourself so that when you push Angral he'll only be thrown a couple of feet before he hits the wall with the bridge controls on it. (this will leave you with a leap ready for a possible interrupt later) or push him out onto the walkway to the bridge and leap to him when his next induction starts (that's two interrupts: the push and then the leap, time them so you get the most out of them). Decide what you want to do and position yourself for it. How you position will also affect where you end up when he force pushes you.

= When he does his force push/knockdown on you, consider running out a little farther to get a force leap interrupt if your other interrupt skills are on cd.

= DPS and interrupt (kick, stasis, push, kick) as much as possible

= Angral will stun Kira and then fight you periodically, and your cooldowns will keep you from interrupting absolutely every induction.

= I'm not positive but as I remember Angral has both induction skills and channel skills, try and distinguish between them. As a general rule you should interrupt induction skills when the bar is almost complete, interrupt channel skills (Force Lightning I think) as soon as possible.

= When Kira gets to 1/3 health: force taunt Angral, hit your ward skill, and if you're below 2/3 health fire your medpack.

= Keep Kira alive as long as possible, your dps drops by about 50% when she dies.

= I don't think kiting works in this fight, his ranged skills are too good and his inductions/channels are too powerful. You'll mitigate more damage and keep Kira alive longer going toe to toe and interrupting.

All excellent advice, thx all...

Even those with marginally helpful comments - they all add up and I got a good laugh out of a couple...

I've tried about 15 times now so its not working for me.

I've gone away to level up a bit more first and to look at better armor, etc.

Kira is nowhere near 6000 hit points at the moment and I'm just under that as well.

Can someone please explain how to craft better armor, weapons etc???

thx again

At your level you should be looking at decking out in all Orangewear IMO. You can get boots from the light/dark side vendor. Tattoine had orange chest armor from the commendations. Nar Shaddaa has commendation headwear, etc etc. Also the AH has a lot of stuff.

I had to wait a whole planet to get my speeder cause I'd put money into armor, mods and weapons

Take commendations as quest rewards except when you're offered a really good piece of gear or mod. Once you're in orange armor spend your commendations for current level mods.

I'm all in orange gear and Kira's got orange hat, chest, boots and weapon. I let Kira's mods fall a planet behind in level. A well-geared companion is a force to behold, especially for a JKG and especially since we have no heals with Kira.

I feel for this guy as I am a 33 combat sentinel, and geared pretty well as I can be at 33 and I have literally had him below 10% and that was once and it was lucky crits I believe. However, I don't claim to be anything spectacular, I'm pretty decent at boss fights and this guy is ROOOUUGH lol.

Well, I think I killed him the first time, but on some elite mob on that ship I died like dozen of times, so much that i had to take a break cause the revive had a 15 minute cd.

The trick is to send kira in first and taunt when her life gets low. You can also try snaring him and running away while kira does some damage, not sure if it will work on him, but it works on elites so I'm guessing it works on him too. This is how I killed that elite on the ship. As usual always interrupt and if your low on rage you can snare him and run away and charge him back to get an interrupt and more rage. Also make sure to use your defensive cds. Your gear also needs to be good. I learn this the hard way.

I'm guessing it's a combination of your/Kira's gear and not using your abilities correctly. I had read this thread a couple days ago and did the fight today, not realizing this was the fight.

I was only 31 but almost all orange gear with mods at 26-30. Kira is almost all in orange gear as well with similar mods. I'm guessing gear isn't best if you are barely or not even at 6k health as I was over 6.5k. But health isn't just the only thing you lack if your gear is under par...you lack the maximum damage you can be doing as well. And with bosses, sometimes that's the key...taking them down quicker than they can take you down.

I was kinda surprised coming back here and realizing this was the big fight I read about because I royally screwed up going into it (auto run + eating = bad pull), not even being at full health and 2 defensive cds had 30s left on them. I think I interrupted only twice during the whole fight. I did have to drop aggro (with Force Camo) and let Kira tank him for the last 30%. I ended up finishing the fight with 15% health and Kira with 5%.

Granted I've already gotten an Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior to 50...and believe me, the Imperial Agent's boss fight at the end of Chapter 1 makes anything look like a cake walk thanks to being badly bugged...but this fight just seemed really easy.

When you're having trouble with an elite, find out what you're taking a lot of damage from and how to avoid it. Whether it means running away or using an ability to interrupt or using an ability to mitigate the damage. Sometimes there's just one move that makes the difference in the fight. Sometimes there's 2. You having to remember too that if a move is meant to be interrupted, that gives you a timer to know when it'll hit next. Usually that timer matches your interrupts CD. Unleash hell between then. And knowing the timing also helps you avoid interrupting your own moves in doing so.