Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Contacted customer service wondering why server transfers weren't being offered in the cartel market. I thought that would be an easy way for players to move where their friends were. I then asked to be transferred to a server that allowed me to play the game the way it was intended, being a subscriber since launch. Sadly, I was told transfers are not being offered at this time. I have plenty of patience and will continue to support this game until these servers inevitably fold and we are given transfers. I just wish those that want to get off the sinking ship early would be allowed to do so. Edited by Bottcobco

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no fanatic over population.

- Just so long as there is enough people so WZ's (50 group and 49 and below group) pop consistently and FP HM dailies pop within say 20 - 25 mins then I think that's fine. This is touch and go lately on Master D. Bad.

- Less than 50 people on fleet tends to bottom out the morale and social temperature of players on the faction. An active chat channel needs to exist so it can be ignored. (lol) Alot of people just like having something minimally engaging on the fleet wide social level even if they are in a big guild.

- Low pop tends to gut the dynamics of the GTN and I quite like playing the GTN.

- An ideal population would have 10+ guilds attempting to run end game raids per faction. At the moment we have maybe 5 on pub side. Barely.

- I havent played any rated wz's so I cant comment on peoples expectations of what constitutes a sufficient game experience in that respect.

In my opinion pub side population on Master Dar needs to double to triple at least so we can achieve all of the above.

An APAC server merge seemingly would acheieve this. It's doubtful f2p will achieve it for Master Dar'Nala

Just jumped onto Harbinger as had a few left over low level characters there.

WOW i forgot the game could be like that, 3 instances with 240 people, could barely see the GTN terminal, pages of each tiem on the GTN.

Went back to Master Dar'nala to 75 people, which is pretty high really...massively depressing

Help us with a server merge, it's our only hope

They better not close the servers down. It's nice to be able to play one MMO without lagging. It would be especially grating after they made us wait several extra months till they released the game here because of these servers (I got a copy through amazon so was playing day one, but still).

I'll take low population over lag any day.

They better not close the servers down. It's nice to be able to play one MMO without lagging. It would be especially grating after they made us wait several extra months till they released the game here because of these servers (I got a copy through amazon so was playing day one, but still).

I'll take low population over lag any day.

They could have just merged all 3 servers... low population solved without lag

The free to play populations will most likely peak over this next week. and from what I have seen on Master D, it's not looking good.

Hurry up Bioware and give us our solution, it's ridiculous how long we have had to wait so far and no doubt you are going to make us wait even longer.

If you aren't going to do anything in the short term hurry up with paid transfers so I can board an escape pod and flee this doomed ship!!!!

Populations have gone up for sure.

41 on tython last night for Master Dar'Nala, and Im seeing some returning players, so thats a good thing.

Rep fleet was about 40-50, with 1 lvl 50 :mad: warzone running most of the night, if you missed the cut you had a 15 min wait.

But thats not three instances full of people on Tython.. and players where coming back to empty guilds.

We could easily combine all the Oceaninc servers into one even with the returning players and have a great server, or we can have three fair to OK servers.

A server merge would give us a fantastic playing population, the population has been so low for so long it needs to reach a critical mass to survive.

Would you after coming back to the game you stopped playing six months ago start paying a sub when fleet has 51 people on it and your guild is empty?

Merge now please.

Merging the three servers together really seems like the best way to go, I'd prefer not to deal with US lag issues especially when raiding or doing pvp.

Rolling us all into one combined Oceanic server would provide a pretty decent population and remove this "empty" feeling that so many of the planets and even the main space stations have at times. It's pretty clear the free to play option isn't going to do enough to boost the numbers for all three servers, just combine them already.

I'm on Dar'Nala at the moment and I have no complaints about trading constant open world pvp option for a bigger server population. There will likely still be people flagging themselves for pvp in open areas anyway, and even if not we'd have wz's popping a lot more often.

Edited by Paelo

I think players should be given a choice to either move to a US server or an APAC server. Specifically, those from Darnala should be able to choose to continue PvP in US server or go to Dalborra.

Another way is to implement cross server technology real quick so that GTN, warzone, flashpoints and ops can all be linked by the 3 servers.

Edited by twinionx

I think players should be given a choice to either move to a US server or an APAC server. Specifically, those from Darnala should be able to choose to continue PvP in US server or go to Dalborra.

Another way is to implement cross server technology real quick so that GTN, warzone, flashpoints and ops can all be linked by the 3 servers.

No, an option for US or Ocenaic transfers would just dilute the player base further, we need a consolidation not a dissipation.

In regards to cross server, I do not want that at all except for Ranked Warzones.

one of the things that is great about this game is the server communities, something that WOW killed to the great detriment of that game.

I know many many pvpers on Master D specifically because I have fought with and against them many times.

In cross server pvp its an endless stream of randoms.

Keep the community feel, keep the pvp and LFG server only just make sure the server has the critical mass of players to make it viable. Ranked pvp should open up to Cross server eventually as its a competition.

Edited by Sildanar

The interesting bit is that calls for server merges have been ignored since 1039 posts ago...

That and the countless other threads that were created before this, and the legions of tickets raised in game by players, skype calls, etc. There's been an endless campaign by many oceanic players in hopes that their gameplay will be restored to how it should be!

No, an option for US or Ocenaic transfers would just dilute the player base further, we need a consolidation not a dissipation.

In regards to cross server, I do not want that at all except for Ranked Warzones.

one of the things that is great about this game is the server communities, something that WOW killed to the great detriment of that game.

I know many many pvpers on Master D specifically because I have fought with and against them many times.

In cross server pvp its an endless stream of randoms.

Keep the community feel, keep the pvp and LFG server only just make sure the server has the critical mass of players to make it viable. Ranked pvp should open up to Cross server eventually as its a competition.

1. Not giving the open-pvp players the option to go to a PvP server and forcing them to go to a PvE server is just going to piss them off and make them quit. So what dilution are you talking about when players ragequit?

2. What server community are you talking about when there is already none? What is the difference between a server community that is physically a merger of 3 former servers vs 3 servers sharing the same community? Doesn't make sense.

1. Not giving the open-pvp players the option to go to a PvP server and forcing them to go to a PvE server is just going to piss them off and make them quit. So what dilution are you talking about when players ragequit?

2. What server community are you talking about when there is already none? What is the difference between a server community that is physically a merger of 3 former servers vs 3 servers sharing the same community? Doesn't make sense.

Can't comprehend how wrong you are, MDN players as a ridiculously huge majority will happily merge with a PVE server.

In regards to Open World PVP, you people must realise that the only time this occurs is organized events in Outlaws Den. AND THIS CAN HAPPEN ON A PVE SERVER TOO!

I have 3 republic characters I am currently levelling - A 22, 30 and a 46. It has been SO LONG since I have seen an Imperial, I think the last time must have been on Nar Shaddaa on the Promenade when my level 30 Sentinal was there over a week ago.

The only PvP that happens on Dar Nala is organized events (that occur in Outlaws Den) and Warzones. Oh, and the occasional bored level 50 that griefs people in the Dune Sea on Tatooine. But even then, they have to be lucky, as there is usually less than 8 people on that planet.

Edited by scullzomben

I love PvP servers and all my 50s are on the PvP server Master Dar'Nala. I have rolled an alt on the Harbinger which is a PVE server and am loving the game due to the MASSIVE population.

There is no world PvP on Master Dar'Nala anyways!

1/ Vast majority of players on Master D would be happy to play on a PVE server if it meant we had a decent pop. Many many posters have mentioned this.

2/ There is a very good and close community on Master D. Tiny? yes..but its there nevertheless.

You are talking about some people going to a west coast pvp server and some going to Dalborra (ie giving the players the option) this would split the community, hence my term dissipation...

Makes perfect sense..

Can't comprehend how wrong you are, MDN players as a ridiculously huge majority will happily merge with a PVE server.

In that case there will be no issue making US transfers an option. I think merging with option to transfer to US is best. It is impossible for the Dalborra to get any smaller even if everyone chooses US and if after that the pop is still too low then its time to think about shutting servers down.

In that case there will be no issue making US transfers an option. I think merging with option to transfer to US is best. It is impossible for the Dalborra to get any smaller even if everyone chooses US and if after that the pop is still too low then its time to think about shutting servers down.

There's tons of people on Dalborra. There's 128 people on Dromund Kaas alone right now. Maybe your pvp server is dead, but the other two are fine and growing. Why don't you just re-roll.

Edited by lollie