This is what happens when all you care about is damage

miragewsu

both teams had 2 healers, whats shocking is that ur healers died 7 and 8 times compared to 2 and 3 deaths and yet did almost same healing value although they had to run from the spawn zone more often, was 1 of ur sages bubble stunning?:D

I`d change the title of the thread to this is what happens when ur healers are noobs

Edited by iDraxter

Seriously who care about objective pts / medal. Objective pts / Medal doesn't mean you play a good or a bad game.

Yeah this. Whilst it *can* be a good indicator in huttball (ie there's a good chance you were scoring, or killing the enemy ball carrier), in other WZs high objective points usually just meant you stood by a node. For better or worse. In voidstar the door is the last place I want to stand directly by as RDPS, and some of my best matches have the lowest objective scores. Medals can be even worse - I can get more medals by doing a little bit of everything badly rather than a few things really well.

Anyway, on the subjective of damage vs objective play. Of course you need to play the objectives - but for every match where a lower damage team outperforms the higher and wins (and by the sound of the OP, it was a low damage premade vs a high damage pug) there are 3 where melting the opposition wins the day.

:p

http://i.imgur.com/p8Uyw5i.jpg

+1 to you for censoring people's names. And that screen is pretty epic, bet the enemy team was super pissed afterwards.

btw, what I find amusing about both screenshots is that the losing team not only had the most damage, but the most objectives too. I'm guessing it was one of those matches where the entire enemy team moved as one node to node stomping everyone, capping, then move onto the next one, not holding it, had the lead, then eventually lost by a small amount. Seen lots of matches like that on the harbinger with some of the top guilds, pretty amusing to watch.

Edited by SomeJagoff

It's pretty obvious what happened in the two screenshots posted. The winning team got the side nodes at some point and just defended it with zerg death. We've all done it, and we've probably all felt pretty cheesy about it.

^this

I've been on both sides. Winning side, you wonder how the hell you actually won because it felt like you've spent half your time in the respawn area. Losing side swear they're up against that "team of 16 of players", who aren't hard to take out, but they just keep coming and preventing that cap.

I thought for sure my name was going to be in that screenshot. :D

There's a few things about that... teamwork def rules all as long as there is some decent player skill involved as well. But from experience I can say that when I run with 4 guildies in regs there are times where we have the bad habit of trusting node guarding to the PUGs... sometimes our mentality is that when we're the more talented of the players in the match that we should be in the main fight... sometimes this backfires.

On that same note... sometimes we just damage whore and we could care less. Hell... it's regs. Our sorcs will often pull our guildies in fire traps just to troll each other. Sometimes we're trying to win... sometimes we don't care... at all. I'm sure other guilds share the same thoughts.

Once our weeklies are done it's all fun n games... and rated.

The PT did 437k damage, 20k protection, and had a ton of medals, meaning he was defending a node or trying to take one while doing that damage protection.

What's more, those aren't even impressive numbers. I would say what is more likely is that their team screwed up the initial cap and let you guys get both sides (which are ludicrously easy to defend vs the mid), then proceeded to rush the sides all game, destroying your team over and over again trying to get the node, but being unable to, or it was a giant slugfest at mid, which again, the PT did his job.

Out of all the players that could cap, PTs are probably better suited to stunning / pulling other players to prevent them from interrupting a cap. Or flat out killing someone to prevent the interrupt.

Your screenshot really doesn't prove anything, aside from the fact that you need validation from the forums to feed your e-peen.

Here's a quarter, call someone who cares.

I thought for sure my name was going to be in that screenshot. :D

There's a few things about that... teamwork def rules all as long as there is some decent player skill involved as well. But from experience I can say that when I run with 4 guildies in regs there are times where we have the bad habit of trusting node guarding to the PUGs... sometimes our mentality is that when we're the more talented of the players in the match that we should be in the main fight... sometimes this backfires.

On that same note... sometimes we just damage whore and we could care less. Hell... it's regs. Our sorcs will often pull our guildies in fire traps just to troll each other. Sometimes we're trying to win... sometimes we don't care... at all. I'm sure other guilds share the same thoughts.

Once our weeklies are done it's all fun n games... and rated.

^This too. Lucky for us damage whores (guilty as charged, check my sig picture), the healers and tanks in my guild are pro as hell at stopping an enemy cap. Not to say us damage whores don't do our part as well - there have been far too many perfect smashe setups that I have walked away from to stop a cap.

The PT did 437k damage, 20k protection, and had a ton of medals, meaning he was defending a node or trying to take one while doing that damage protection.

What's more, those aren't even impressive numbers. I would say what is more likely is that their team screwed up the initial cap and let you guys get both sides (which are ludicrously easy to defend vs the mid), then proceeded to rush the sides all game, destroying your team over and over again trying to get the node, but being unable to, or it was a giant slugfest at mid, which again, the PT did his job.

Out of all the players that could cap, PTs are probably better suited to stunning / pulling other players to prevent them from interrupting a cap. Or flat out killing someone to prevent the interrupt.

Your screenshot really doesn't prove anything, aside from the fact that you need validation from the forums to feed your e-peen.

Here's a quarter, call someone who cares.

You should've probably removed that picture in your sig before you accused someone of stroking their e-peen.

I was in a game with one of the top guilds not that long ago. We swiftly took two nodes and were going for a third, just for the hell of it I guess. The problem is just that we had three completely useless pugs who gave away mid as we were occupied. And yes, It's normally a really bad idea to go for a three cap when you're not 100 % sure that you can get it ...but anyhow. This is where I thought it would be better if we just returned to mid and capped that instead of boosting damage on a side node while the other team pretty much just spawned, took a speeder down there and interrupted.

Problem was that none of the guildies in the game agreed on mid being a better idea so they stayed on the side node until the game had reached the point where there was no way of turning it without a three cap. That's when they joined me mid. It took us about 15 secs to cap mid :s

So yeah, we lost despite out-damaging the other team 10:1 or something.