60k repair bill!

Osryri

Sure let me get in my time machine and make some screen shots for you. I'll get right on that.

Or perhaps next time you are in a terribad group and wipe a bunch of times you could capture some, even fraps it, hell just wipe the group to prove your point, the greater forum population doesn't care as long as we get some proof.

Edit: hell if you are on Harbinger i'll send you the repair costs for whatever your screenshots/fraps show.

Edited by Viridiana

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I would be interested to see the results of your raiding this week, I didn't get a chance to do anything difficult after 1.7 dropped beyond Xeno HM so I haven't seen what a raid will do to my repair costs, and i've only died on one toon all week so that doesn't help much there, but if I get a chance to kill my toons i'll cap it and post my findings on here.

What is the status of this? I'm interested to see the results.

guys. GUYS. they have acknowledged that there IS a bug in calculating repair costs, that's based on the type of shell you are wearing. the more expensive the shell vendor cost? the higher the bill. this is why some people are seeing much higher repair costs then others.

this bug is going to be patched, repair costs equalized as well as temporarily discounted until release of the expansion.

so please, stop calling people liars. just because you didn't experience something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Or perhaps next time you are in a terribad group and wipe a bunch of times you could capture some, even fraps it, hell just wipe the group to prove your point, the greater forum population doesn't care as long as we get some proof.

Edit: hell if you are on Harbinger i'll send you the repair costs for whatever your screenshots/fraps show.

Read the Fing forums if you want proof.

Read the Fing forums if you want proof.

I do, and only about 3 people have claimed outrageous repair prices, the rest of them just agree that they are higher, 15-25k a death is pretty crazy and rather hard to believe, hense the asking for something to back it up other than just an anonymous person on the forums, as they say talk is cheap.

Thanks Bioware. I didn't even make 60k today but due to a few wipes in a flashpoint I lost every credit I earned plus some. Thanks so much for screwing up this game even further.

You should have raided back before 1.2 when repair costs were in the 150k range.

I honestly don't know how you blew all your credits. 60k is nothing. If your that stupid to be apart of a group that's wiping that much, then your getting what's coming to you. Find a good guild - casual if you don't play much - and take it from there. But what I say doesn't really matter. You've canceled your sub like a big drama fest. Go away

I honestly don't know how you blew all your credits. 60k is nothing. If your that stupid to be apart of a group that's wiping that much, then your getting what's coming to you. Find a good guild - casual if you don't play much - and take it from there. But what I say doesn't really matter. You've canceled your sub like a big drama fest. Go away

I give this 2 thumbs up and a +1 :p

Id rather try to succeed then cry and abandon my group when things don't go so smooth. I guess everyone has different playing styles though.

For those who said that people with high repair bills were lying. Here is the Dev post

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, we’d like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience

Edited by Osryri

For those who said that people with high repair bills were lying. Here is the Dev post

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, we’d like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience

/facepalm x 100,000,000, no one ever said that the costs were not higher, every single person that posted on here agreed that the costs where higher than pre 1.7 which is what the devs said, what they were disagreeing with you on was your claims of 15-25k per death.

NO ONE said that they were not higher.

Some people (I'm in this group) said that they don't see what the problem with the increase in cost is, it's not that big of a deal and that people canceling subs over such a non issue are dumb

Some people (again myself included in this group) said that people saying that they were paying 15k+ a death were full of ****, because well, they were

/facepalm x 100,000,000, no one ever said that the costs were not higher, every single person that posted on here agreed that the costs where higher than pre 1.7 which is what the devs said, what they were disagreeing with you on was your claims of 15-25k per death.

Unless you are using legacy gear like he is, you don't know what you are talking about. We now know that the resale price of the shell dramatically increases the repair cost. So the simple fact is that if the resale price of that gear is high enough, then 15-25k per wipe is totally believable. It's just math.

Unless you are using legacy gear like he is, you don't know what you are talking about. We now know that the resale price of the shell dramatically increases the repair cost. So the simple fact is that if the resale price of that gear is high enough, then 15-25k per wipe is totally believable. It's just math.

I would tell you to back and read this entire thread but its easier to come on and say stupid stuff on the end of page 19 a week after the first post, lots or people have said they were running in the same or close to the same gear and didn't have it as high, I have toons in full legacy gear with a 61/63 mixture and can't break a 9500 credit repair for one death, and if I remember correctly from reading this entire thread it was only him and one other person claiming such high costs and have refused to show anything that backs their story up, either way, point being no one said they were not higher, just not what he is claiming they are.

Edit: Also the resale price of legacy shells to a vendor are around 6200-8000 credits, the resale price to a vendor for a BH/DG piece is 7200-15k and the people on here with BH/DG gear are claiming less than 10k a death, so yes it's just simple math that 15k isn't possible.

Edited by Viridiana

The repair bills I am getting are almost double now. It used to be around 5-6k per death and now it's 10-11k per death. That's a big increase.

I don't care how easy it is to make money, but it does mean I adjusted my playstyle. For ops I only play with guildies or I give a pug one chance in SM only. I don't pug HM. Last night my sniper went into TFB SM and they needed a DPS for the las 2 bosses. We wiped in 2 mins because half of them had no clue what they were doing. That was me out and just over 10k in repairs.

What this change does in my view is making the game a lot harder on casuals. People who are more dedicated or hardcore can manage these costs, but the more casual player is pushed to either play in a way they don't like or leave. For the life of me I can't see how this change was a good idea. Why do this before 2.0 anyways? Going to level 55 with multiple toons and having to re-augment everything to higher level augments will cost millions by itself. I really don't see why doubling repair costs was a good idea.

I would tell you to back and read this entire thread but its easier to come on and say stupid stuff on the end of page 19 a week after the first post . . .

I posted on this thread 24 hours after it was created and continuously thereafter: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5876952#post5876952

Now who hasn’t read the thread again? Lol.

I have toons in full legacy gear with a 61/63 mixture and can't break a 9500 credit repair for one death . . .

Really. You have toons in full legacy with 61/63, and you died without breaking 9500. There was somebody who posted on here that he was going to do a raid and then post up some caps if he died. Oh wait, that was you:

Yeah I would be interested to see the results of your raiding this week, I didn't get a chance to do anything difficult after 1.7 dropped beyond Xeno HM so I haven't seen what a raid will do to my repair costs, and i've only died on one toon all week so that doesn't help much there, but if I get a chance to kill my toons i'll cap it and post my findings on here.

So where are they? And lest we forget, someone posted that we need “pics or it didn’t happen.” That’s right, it was you again:

How bout the internet end all for this thread that is now totally pointless as dev is going to change the repair costs and reduce them next maint, but "pics or it didn't happen" cause at this point no one is disagreeing that costs went up, even the devs agree, the only disagreement still lingering is that you are saying you have a 15k repair each time you die when people who are using the same or similar shells with better mods, enhanc, armors have half or less than that each time.

Using your own logic the $9500 repair bill you claim to have incurred should be ignored.

Edit: Also the resale price of legacy shells to a vendor are around 6200-8000 credits, the resale price to a vendor for a BH/DG piece is 7200-15k and the people on here with BH/DG gear are claiming less than 10k a death, so yes it's just simple math that 15k isn't possible.

Wrong.

BH Pummeler’s MK-4 Chestguard (61): 7220 sale price

http://www.torhead.com/item/8faKwgt/black-hole-pummelers-mk-4-chestguard

Dread Guard War Leader’s Body Armor (63): 7710 sale price

http://www.torhead.com/item/c2BiRWz/dread-guard-war-leaders-body-armor

Guardian’s Exalted Body Armor: (open): 8385 sale price

http://www.torhead.com/item/dT4brVa/guardians-exalted-body-armor

The comparable legacy piece has higher resale value with no mods inserted. What do you think happens when you insert 61/63, or when you remove all mods from the BH and DG gear and then compare the price? Maybe we would know if you’d posted some results. And btw, the cost of repar/price ratio is still unknown for legacy, which may be higher or lower than that of other gear, which will of course further affect the cost. I would like to know the truth of the matter. Would you?

I posted on this thread 24 hours after it was created and continuously thereafter: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5876952#post5876952

Now who hasn’t read the thread again? Lol.

Really. You have toons in full legacy with 61/63, and you died without breaking 9500. There was somebody who posted on here that he was going to do a raid and then post up some caps if he died. Oh wait, that was you:

So where are they? And lest we forget, someone posted that we need “pics or it didn’t happen.” That’s right, it was you again:

Using your own logic the $9500 repair bill you claim to have incurred should be ignored.

Wrong.

BH Pummeler’s MK-4 Chestguard (61): 7220 sale price

http://www.torhead.com/item/8faKwgt/black-hole-pummelers-mk-4-chestguard

Dread Guard War Leader’s Body Armor (63): 7710 sale price

http://www.torhead.com/item/c2BiRWz/dread-guard-war-leaders-body-armor

Guardian’s Exalted Body Armor: (open): 8385 sale price

http://www.torhead.com/item/dT4brVa/guardians-exalted-body-armor

The comparable legacy piece has higher resale value with no mods inserted. What do you think happens when you insert 61/63, or when you remove all mods from the BH and DG gear and then compare the price? Maybe we would know if you’d posted some results. And btw, the cost of repar/price ratio is still unknown for legacy, which may be higher or lower than that of other gear, which will of course further affect the cost. I would like to know the truth of the matter. Would you?

Well you are commenting on it like you haven't read it since I posted earlier on that I have died with legacy and it wasn't any higher than non-legacy so you must only pay attention to your own posts or to try and rip ppl when they are posting things, I compared 2 legacy pieces and 2 bh pieces on my toons, both unmodded and the legacy was cheaper, and I did it in game, not on torhead so who knows on that one, and I haven't raided since I said I would post those pics so not anything to share there and by the time my guild gets back on to raid they are going to have patched it so it won't matter at that point, also I was calling out the op that was claiming higher costs that he couldn't prove or backup in all sorts or random gear, either way 1000 credit price difference on gear shells won't suddenly make things half as much again or 2-3x as much again to repair.

Using my own logic about the 9500 ? that makes no sense but whatever.

I'm a fresh 50 in Tionese mods and recruit accessories and my bill was 90k. I am wearing the very expensive shells from the Legacy Vendor on your homeworld. So I think its taking shell cost into account.

Wish we had a test server to roll this stuff out on first to check it...:p

I'm a fresh 50 in Tionese mods and recruit accessories and my bill was 90k. I am wearing the very expensive shells from the Legacy Vendor on your homeworld. So I think its taking shell cost into account.

Wish we had a test server to roll this stuff out on first to check it...:p

How many deaths ?