Why lowbie PVP > 50 PVP for fun factor.

ArchangelLBC

9/10 sorcs/sages aren't using bubble stuns in lowbies.

Sorry if this is obvious, but having my sent go from the lowbie bracket to the 50 bracket, even when dinging into full (admittedly stock) vindicator's gear made this abundantly obvious. Twinks almost make sense to me now.

I mean you can still get burned down in minutes by good teams, pugs are still often very bad, but take away the bubble stuns and life seems so much better.

Oh I guess there's also the issue that you rarely face the same team, or get the same team, over and over if you just keep queuing. I have to admit that aspect is pretty nice too.

lvl 1-49 is in my opinion even more unbalanced than 50. You just have to look for different things. Once i faced a team with 5 Pyrotech, there wasn't even a game. If that was at 50 it would have been an hard game but there would still be a chance, but at lvl 1-49 they kill even faster and many don't have their defensive CD. Edited by Spoletta

Not just bubble stuns.

I have two low lvl characters around lvl20 and even the lvl49 enemies can be killed with them. Gap between lvl20 and lvl49 is smaller then a WH vs. EWH gear in lvl50. This is the problem. Gear gap.

In EWH there is a good chance with some classes to onehit / twohit / threehit people which completely ruins the experience for the victims. In 10-49 bracket this is not an issue. Some good assasins maybe have the chance to kill somebody with 3 hits but this is rare.

Smashers also have limited power in 10-49 compared to 50.

So on, so on... I think we can expand the list for a long time.

LVl10-49 seems more balanced than lvl50 and lot of people enjoys more because of it.

Depends on the group you get. The ratio of people who have no idea what they are doing and lack of communication is greater then at 50. Some matchs are really fun and then the next you'll be grouped with 6 or 7 people who are level 10-15 and I'm assuming f2p and people constantly leaving nodes or doors undefended. Way to often I'll have 200k plus damage and no one else will be over 50k in any category lol. Very frustrating.... just a different kind then at 50.

I have two low lvl characters around lvl20 and even the lvl49 enemies can be killed with them. Gap between lvl20 and lvl49 is smaller then a WH vs. EWH gear in lvl50. This is the problem. Gear gap.

Please tell me you are not serious. Where were you during the BM vs WH?

Not just bubble stuns.

In EWH there is a good chance with some classes to onehit / twohit / threehit people which completely ruins the experience for the victims. In 10-49 bracket this is not an issue. Some good assasins maybe have the chance to kill somebody with 3 hits but this is rare.

LVl10-49 seems more balanced than lvl50 and lot of people enjoys more because of it.

While it is true a level 20 can kill a 49 (I have done it) it usually means that higher level toon was just, bad. 10-49 is an unbalanced joke. No gear gap? Gear is as big in 10-49 as it is in the 50's. 10-49 sucks as a higher level toon will be a wrecking ball in the hands of someone who knows how to play it. Most classes don't come together until late 30's and when they start getting their tools it just becomes so much easier over a level 15 who has like 3 buttons they spam over and over until they run out of resources.

If I had it my way I would never set foot in a low level warzone but given the fact that you need to max out comms that's just not possible.

45+ twinks can be rough, but still, the worst scenario in 10-49 PvP is you'll get killed in 8-10 seconds if it's 1vs1. Instead of 3-4 shotted in the 50 bracket. A skilled level 15 player can also potentially take out 40+ characters. Hard to say that about a fresh 50 against EWM gear. The difference is simply too high. Edited by savionen

I always have a lowbee toon on the PVP grind because I find it's really fun and more challenging in some ways, yet easier in others.

Firstly, depending on your class it's harder to do your job when you don't have all your abilities. Typically until your 30s it's hard to have 'a build' or anything like that... you have a handful of abilities, enough to heal or dps or tank but really not many. Once you're in your 40's you essentially have the tools you do at 50 except for your top skill which in most cases isn't that special.

the big difference is most people tend to just death match, more so then 50 pvp imo... people want to go out there on their lvl 40 rage jug and smash the level 15s to oblivion not caring about the ball or guarding nodes... which to me is really funny because I currently play a Scoundrel scrapper and reck anyone 1v1 and often 2v1 but I tend to hang out in the endzone for goals in huttball and we win a lot of then 6-0 which I find to be a lot of fun.

I leveled my commando to 50 through class quest and PvP and a little bit of FPs and loved it in PvP. I leveled my Juggernaught through PvE and didn't have as much fun. Lowbee PVP is a lot of fun... but dealing with twinks can be just as annoying, in fact more so then having to run against a bunch of EWH players waiting for their rated team to come on.

The only way lowbie pvp is fun is if you're twinked and have like 6-8k more hp than everyone else and 2-3 shot them. That doesn't make the pvp better than 50 people just because you're too lazy to grind out your gear to be on the top tier.

The only way lowbie pvp is fun is if you're twinked and have like 6-8k more hp than everyone else and 2-3 shot them. That doesn't make the pvp better than 50 people just because you're too lazy to grind out your gear to be on the top tier.

That sounds like the opposite of fun.

I was cool with lowbie WZs until I jumped in with a lvl 11 Scoundrel. Oh the pain!

I think 'fun factor' depends on what class you play (I found that, say, Powertechs can still melt face at lvl 11-20...it was kind of fun topping the dps chart at lvl 14).

Eventually, my Scoundrel will hit lvl 40 and be insanely uber vs lvl 20s and it will be kind of boring.

So...I typically don't find lowbie WZs fun but I do them to get comms saved and XP.

Lowbie PVP is awesome due to a number of reasons:

Facing hordes of players who lack numerous abilities, cannot finish out a single actual Skill Tree, are just learning their rotations, and do not have proper gear, all culminating in a massive advantage for higher level and experienced players obviously has nothing to do with it...

or your tired of 50 pvp and want something different to do in pvp. I am rolling alts to play lowbie pvp since I am tired of gear grinding level 50 pvp gear. And I am smart to not grind EWH gear since the difference is <2% vs WH. I play for fun while having meaningful progress.

or your tired of 50 pvp and want something different to do in pvp. I am rolling alts to play lowbie pvp since I am tired of gear grinding level 50 pvp gear. And I am smart to not grind EWH gear since the difference is <2% vs WH. I play for fun while having meaningful progress.

That's why I wouldn't GRIND EWH either... But i would bother with getting the biggest upgrades like armorings and relics.

I am quite enjoying the lowbie warzone experience, when I last played the 50s were with all the rest. I still get annoyed when I see a level 10 in there, but I guess you get spint on creation now anyway. Whatever.

Sometimes you get rolled, sometimes you roll, every now and then you have a really good match. Last night in Novare we got behind 100-48, but it finished at 12-0. What's with the nancies that turtle when the game starts to go poorly? It was basically 5 against 8 late in that game because 3 guys are just trying to get a defensive medal or two? What? lol

I just quit hutbull, it was fun back in the day on my trooper (I suspect that will not be the case in 50 WZ), but I don't really love it enough to play it more than once every few days.

Hell, what I really love about Novare is that you can really get some 1v1s in there. That's fantastic.

Lowbie PvP can occasionally be fun, but I mostly I find it terrible. It's like amateur hour, with a bunch of people too busy chasing 1v1s to care about objectives, and level 40+s that top the damage charts at 75-100k. Huttball is the absolute worst, with most matches ending 1-0 or 1-1.

Not just bubble stuns.

Gear gap between WH and EWH is pretty tiny. Gear gap between someone in lowbie pvp in way out dated gear vs someone in current blues is much larger tbh, and any Combat Sentinel with PS can kill someone in 3 GCDs.

Biggest single difference for me was seriously the lack of bubble stuns.

While it is true a level 20 can kill a 49 (I have done it) it usually means that higher level toon was just, bad. 10-49 is an unbalanced joke. No gear gap? Gear is as big in 10-49 as it is in the 50's. 10-49 sucks as a higher level toon will be a wrecking ball in the hands of someone who knows how to play it. Most classes don't come together until late 30's and when they start getting their tools it just becomes so much easier over a level 15 who has like 3 buttons they spam over and over until they run out of resources.

If I had it my way I would never set foot in a low level warzone but given the fact that you need to max out comms that's just not possible.

I am hoping for more weapons to email mods across legacy so that I really can avoid sub-50. Abilities are not balanced and you also have HUGE discrepancies in player skills. I don't want to call them "bad" in a derogatory term, but just a lot of them might actually be new to the game or whatever other excuse I will give them.

I have been trying to level toons in all ACs (or a mirror) and I think that is what had started to drive the game into the ground for me. I just can't stomach it any longer. Time to gear the 4 50s I have and I will revisit the other 4 down the road when I have the patience.

It's not so much that the classes are any more balanced or that there isn't a gear gap (since twinks exist), it's that Everyone. Is. Horrible. If you do well in 50 pvp then you stomp through pre-50 and if you are bad at 50 pvp, you're either at home in pre-50 or maybe even a little good :eek: Any warzone where the dps actually strive to get that 75k damage medal is just sad

A new variable I'm seeing in sub-50 on POT5 is factional. Last I played it (months ago) Pub was worse than Imp in terms of team "quality". Now it's the other way around. Pub side I'm getting decent teams more often than not.

At least on week nights and later weekend hours server time. Primetime Fri and Sat is still romper room both sides.

Lowbie pvp has balance issues as well but the reason many find it more fun and, IMO competitive, is because there are fewer pre-mades rofl-stomping the competition. The majority of 50 pvp consists of fully geared pre-made versus pug w/at least three ppl sub-16k hp, while 10-49's are mostly pugs with the occasional 2-3 ppl queued together.

Also, the lvl 10-49 wz's don't have as big a problem with ppl leaving like lvl 50s wz's because it doesn't have the required wins weekly. My two cents.

A new variable I'm seeing in sub-50 on POT5 is factional. Last I played it (months ago) Pub was worse than Imp in terms of team "quality". Now it's the other way around. Pub side I'm getting decent teams more often than not.

At least on week nights and later weekend hours server time. Primetime Fri and Sat is still romper room both sides.

thats cause all those fools you were rolling face on all switched to imps.

And the Gear gap can be far greater in lowbie than 50+ now since they removed BM gear. I specifically remember a WZ the other day where a lvl 49 merc healer(with 10.5khp) was ************ after defending on voidstar cause no one was pealing for him(like you ever see that in lowbies). And i told him coming in here with gear 12 lvls under you no one should peal for you, anyways ill take care of the healing. Me a lvl 42 sorc with 14.2k hp(all blue up to date gear) finished the WZ with over 500k healing and the bad arse merc had 175k.

Anyone who can't break 150k dmg in lowbies(unless your guarding with no action what so ever or its like a 3 min game) is bad plain and simple. I don't care what lvl you are I've done 250k+ as a lvl 11 sniper. I was rolling with 2 assassins while doing lowbie pvp(on my sorc) most of the time 1 tank and 1 dps. I never saw in probably 100+ matches anyone beat either one of them in dmg. More often that not it was just the tank and I and every game he's top dmg and 50k+ protection.

3/4's of the population is 95% clueless and no it's not just f2p people there were just as many bads before.

If anyone wants to face roll these bads this evening on Pot5 message Zibobo in game only 1500 reg coms left before my grind is over.

Edited by wetslampigduex