New FPs: HM Overtuned, SM Too Easy?

SM is supposed to be easy. It's listed as a +2 FP. You could have probably just entered the instance and demolished it with 2 people with companions.

Ran in HM with a PUG probably 3 times in a row (it was all I got this morning) and we didn't run into any issues except with the last boss in Core Meltdown. We died once and after that figure out what we were doing wrong.

Zokar was pretty easy in HM. The droid in the water was about the hardest part in HM. He kept pulling random people into the water and it didn't give the healer enough time to react. However we did not die once during this encounter.

TL/DR? SM is +2 and designed to offer a challenge with 2 people going in. Not 4. With 4 you are OP.

HM offers a challenge, but it was pretty simple once we understood the mechanics of the encounters.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...

I am not normally one of those people who shout "Learn to Play!" but this is too much. These new flash points are a joke. If they are to hard for you I suggest you leave this game.

In Hard mode we were screwing around while we learned the mechanics, not even trying and we one shot the whole thing without a worry. In a couple fights one of our dps was being slow and got locked out of the fights because doors closed. We still didn't break a sweat.

On my DPS guardian with a decently geared treek I was able to SOLO the story mode flashpoints. I soloed labs in a 1 shot and I only died a couple times to the bosses in meltdown.

One shotted both immediately at launch. Everyone was in a mix of 69/72 on average (I even had a few 63 enhancements left). We couldn't figure out the sandstorm-boss -tactic, so we killed him with brute force, with an ongoing sandstorm. And didn't wipe once. Overtuned? I don't think so. :p

Also, solo'd Labs on SM with my sent, easy as pie.

Are you insane? The new HM flashpoints are boring not hard!

Didn't know tactics, for the first two charged plating attacks didn't even move and still no one died. Boss one-shotted.

Our healer got locked out of room on the first pull, still got boss down to ~10% without healer. Killed it on second pull with healer.

The run I described was a LFG pug. Vanguard Tank was in PvP gear, Scoundrel healer in 69/72; Sentinel DPS #1 in 72/75; Sentinel DPS #2 in 69/72;

How?!

Of course they are supposed to be HARD! What do you think the "H" stands for? The problem is that all flashpoints currently on the LFG (these two included of course) are a walk in the park and boring to the point of no one wanting to do them.

Honestly enough is enough! Every time new content comes out there is always someone crying for a nerf! Just because YOU can't do it, it doesn't mean it requires a nerf. Deal with it, move to an easier game, but stop attempting to destroy the game for everyone else!

Wow, long thread. Didn't expect this many responses, honestly, though since you chose to be the most insulting of the ones I've read through, I'll make my one response to you in particular.

Since you and practically everyone else reading this seemingly decided to ignore half of my original point, I'll reiterate it here (caps applied for emphasis rather than shouting or anger): these new HMs need to be toned down (or at least checked for bugs) IF--AND ONLY IF--THEY'RE MEANT TO BE ON THE SAME CHALLENGE LEVEL AS THE PREVIOUS ONES. If they're meant to be harder than the previous 4, then by all means, LEAVE THEM AS IS, BUT PLEASE PUT THEM IN A DIFFERENT GROUP FINDER TIER LIKE LOST ISLAND INITIALLY WAS. If they're meant to be extra challenging and my group just wasn't good enough to beat them, that's fine, I don't really care, and I don't take offense to the notion--but I'd prefer that they not interfere in content I can already do. The team I ran with last night is fully capable of bringing down any of the other 55 HMs, and until we get good enough to beat these 2 as well, I'd rather their presence in Group Finder not penalize us when it comes to the HM weekly. As things are set up now, we either have to deselect them in Group Finder and lose out on comms, or we have to see what Group Finder gives us and abandon/disband/re-party/requeue if we get one of the ones we can't do JUST FOR THE SAKE OF A WEEKLY WE COULD ALREADY DO JUST FINE BEFORE YESTERDAY.

Granted, I'm assuming you'll still read this post and interpret it in whatever way lets you continue insulting me and make you feel better about yourself at the same time; if that's what you feel you need to do, go right ahead. I've said my piece as clearly as I can--twice now, technically--and I don't really feel the need to keep arguing about it. So whatever happens in the rest of this thread, I won't be seeing it, but I hope y'all have fun with wherever the discussion goes from here.

Are people Joking in this thread? Honestly...I honestly mean that.

Those FPs are the easiest... most mind numbing FPs. All I did (as the healer) the entire time was bubble my group...the bubble never broke on trash..occasionally would break on a boss fight..and I don't believe one person fell below 85% health...and that was just standing in whatever they wanted because it was so easy that there was no need to move out of anything. I literally had to make sure a few times that we were actually doing HM...which ..Yes it was.

Good god people - some of you are the ones giving class advice *two thumbs up*

Are people Joking in this thread? Honestly...I honestly mean that.

Those FPs are the easiest... most mind numbing FPs. All I did (as the healer) the entire time was bubble my group...the bubble never broke on trash..occasionally would break on a boss fight..and I don't believe one person fell below 85% health...and that was just standing in whatever they wanted because it was so easy that there was no need to move out of anything. I literally had to make sure a few times that we were actually doing HM...which ..Yes it was.

Good god people - some of you are the ones giving class advice *two thumbs up*

I was in this group. I concur. We 1-shotted every boss. We had no idea how to do the last one, did not freeze the adds, let them AOE us as much as they wanted, and didn't have a death. During the Electrified Plating boss, I stood in the water and continued to DPS when I got pulled it, popping one sentinel cooldown each time as needed. I never got even remotely low. For the boss that teleports, the grace period to get out of the circles is absurdly long. In the other FP, we forced our way through most of the spore boss before finally getting the mushrooms right. Was there even an enrage? You'd think we might have hit it seeing how we spent a large part of that fight without debuffing the boss.

In short, they are farcically easy, just like the others and a huge disappointment.

This was on par with running the tier 1 hard modes at 55. At no point did any of the content even approach Lost Island or even Tier 2 levels of difficulty. I'd brag about how we one shot everything but that's hardly an accomplishment.

If you're having trouble I don't even know what to say. Learn how to play? Learn how to think? Do you have to remember to breath while performing any task?

I am going to try running in there with Tionese gear, maybe then HM will be a challenge.

These FPs are about as difficult as taking a dump ... if you think running through them as DPS is boring, you should try Healer, snoozefest all the way from here to Bombay. Edited by Krewel

These FPs are about as difficult as taking a dump ... if you think running through them as DPS is boring, you should try Healer, snoozefest all the way from here to Bombay.

Pshh DPS tank makes it interesting, Gonna do two man later then try solo's.(On HM)

I am going to try running in there with Tionese gear, maybe then HM will be a challenge.

This is a key point in my opinion, its been enough time since 2.0 that plenty of people are really well geared, but plenty are not, and it will make a difference overall to your experience in these fights.

If your group is full 69/72 and knows their rolls, even a little, you can ignore the mechanics of these fights and still beat them, whereas if your in 58/less, all the mechanics must be obeyed, or you're in for a torrent time.

Wow, long thread. Didn't expect this many responses, honestly, though since you chose to be the most insulting of the ones I've read through, I'll make my one response to you in particular.

You misunderstood me - It's not insulting, I got nothing against you in particular. I do have a serious gripe against all the "please nerf it" threads that pop up a day after new content has been released. If the flashpoints were unclearable and people were wiping on bosses with them at 90%, sure, ask for a nerf. But this is hardly the case, by your own admission you cleared it.

I understood exactly what you meant. You think these new HM flashpoints are harder than the old HM flashpoints. However this is not the case, they are as easy as the rest. The real problem is that none of the so called "Hard Mode" flashpoints are in fact hard.

Back when the game was launched everyone farmed dailies gear to have a chance of survival on a HM flashpoint and one bad pull on trash was a wipe.

Flashpoints have since changed, they are now something trivial you do while chatting with other people/crafting/watching your favorite series. They are extremely boring and doing them is a chore for comms/credits. All the fun aspects of flashpoints have been removed, you can ignore mechanics, you don't have to worry about enrages, etc...

So I'm sorry if I come out aggressive when someone asks for a nerf, but I, and many others as you can see, strongly believe pretty much everything in this game needs a buff and seeing someone campaigning for the exact opposite is, at best, unnerving.

People actually think these are hard? Is this for real?

I didn't expect these to be challenging in any way but I honestly had my mind blown at just how unbelievably easy they were. I could heal them basically entirely with HoTs, and both on trash and on boss fights, I spent more time hitting my dps buttons than my heals. I didn't roll my healers to play them as mediocre dps but that seems to be what most FPs expect me to be, because there is basically no healing needed.

Even the first time through for every group I've been in, they have been unbelievably faceroll, I had to double check it was hard mode. I just queued in group finder for random PUG group and we trashed it so easily! I was hoping for something more of the calibre of HM LI before the nerfs as other people in the thread have said, and they came out with some of the easiest content in the game instead.

Honestly? People are finding hm version of this too hard?

I logged in and qued up for group finder (tank) I was in the FP core meltdown for about 20 mins. We one shot every boss in there without even knowing the mechanics before hand. With that said I was personally pretty geared 72/75 gear, however the dps and heals were not.

The sandstorm boss was a joke, it wasn't till about 30 secs after the first sand storm that we figured out that boss had to destroy those posts. The storm itself did so little damage the heals was having no issue healing right through it.

The other mini boss was just annoying with his knockback stun combo every 10 secs. Good job bioware on your classic stun knockback stun you put into everything.

The final boss was just running around and killing targets that didn't fight back and once the boss actually comes out you can burn him down before you even run out of tanking cooldowns so the heals doesn't even really need to do anything.

I'm really considering gearing my heal companion and trying to solo it.

Its really disappointing that this flashpoint has been in the works almost since the game came out, I understand the need to give casual players something to do but at the same time another difficulty should have been added for those that want a challenge.

Alright let's see here, the FP's are a day old and people already want a fricken nerf?!? Really people? What's the point of a game if there's nothing to work towards? Also, there is no way that these need a nerf. I tanked it with 3 competent guildies and we one-shotted both, well at Zokar I jumped in and the others got locked out of the room so I /stucked it, but besides that we breezed through. I noticed that they are VERY healing intensive, but so what. It's good to have a challenge. Also, I kinda like the SM ones. They are intentionally easy, and I enjoyed doing them solo with my HK. (He's full 72's and purple 66 augs so he's like a player.) If I'm in a bad mood one day I can do my weekly without dealing with people, lol. Anyways learn the mechanics and give it more than a day before you ask for a nerf.

People who complain about the HMs too easy probably have gear better than the FP drops and fast reflexes that they never get hit by an AOE.

IMO the mechanics are not difficult to understand, but some require pretty quick reactions (getting out of electrified water, getting more than 2m away from the red rocket circle, getting away from the AOE from the meltdown end boss etc. And gear makes the difference between being one-shot (maybe because were not at full health) or living with 20-50% HP still...

The problem is that the new FPs are in the same random rotation as the old FP, regardless of your gear, 148 gear level (that's blue 66s...) doesn't cut it for the Czerka HM FPs.

For example we had two dps in 58-61 gear range and we hit soft enrage on the desert boss (no more containers) and enrage on the last boss. :-/ And the damage output of bosses is very high so my second healer with 25k HP who can do Hammer Station etc. fine has a lot of trouble. Trash wasn't a problem so far, I have more trouble with dog packs in Raiders.

I just did a HM run of this, and if it wasn't for what I'm sure were glitches on the last boss in Labs, I would say that this was a pretty simple Flashpoint. The mechanics were kinda wacky in that, and I'm pretty sure the boss was enraging or something long ahead of schedule. Whatever, regardless, I would agree- don't nerf these. Check for glitches and see if there's something there, but the boss fights were really simple to tank without having seen them before.

I'm pretty sure the boss was enraging or something long ahead of schedule.

Speaking of enrages, is it normal that the lab final boss starts hitting for 4-7k (instead of ~2k) and the end when he puts his bubble up or is that (soft) enrage? (fight took long but not terribly long...)

That's what was happening to us, and I'm guessing that's not normal... he was hitting me as MT for 4k a hit, but anyone else was getting smacked with a lot higher. If it wasn't for that, we never would have wiped, but it always happened when the shield went up.

The biggest problem is that there have not been any true hard mode flashpoints since the expansion. People were hoping for true hardmode flashpoints. Instead we received extremely easy SM FP, and another set of normal flashpoints balanced around gear that was obsolete before the expansion.

What they could have done as made the current "Hard Mode" the story mode, and given people a true hard mode. Instead we received extra content for a slot that needed none.

Simply put, there's only content, no progression in these flashpoints.

Things they should do for HM Meltdown IMO:

-Increase difficulty of adds.

-double the damage output for the first boss.

-remove generators from 2nd boss

-double all single target damage output for 3rd boss.

its pretty easy on HM

ty

Edited by Rambeezy