Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Euro servers? are you nuts? seriously the latency is so bad for Oceanic to Euro you would be at such a disadvantage.

I started to play this game before they created the APAC server,and i live in Japan,well i have to say that i never had big issues with the latency playing in the European server.

Anyway It would be nice if BioWare give us a double option,transfer or merge,at least we can have an option.

just please don't keep us like this,we can't wait hours just to run a single FP,also i think that we APAC players have a huge disadvantage compared to the EU/US players,after that BioWare announced that the Tionese/Columi/Rakata set will be removed with the 2.0 and as we know OPS and even FP are popping once in a while how can many of us get the tier 2 and 3 set?

I mean in the Europeans and American server during their prime time even a dps need to wait less than 30 minutes to start a Flapshpoint,and on the other hand my poor commando on Gav Daragon has to wait hours with the hope to start a flashpoint.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

Really disappointed, the whole new revamp of their community team and still can't communicate with us. Every day they're posting in other threads over mundane topics. While the thread with the most posts/views gets least attention. Even a rough time frame would shed some light. F2P has not saved our servers, nor will waiting to see ROTHC :(

I started to play this game before they created the APAC server,and i live in Japan,well i have to say that i never had big issues with the latency playing in the European server.

Anyway It would be nice if BioWare give us a double option,transfer or merge,at least we can have an option.

just please don't keep us like this,we can't wait hours just to run a single FP,also i think that we APAC players have a huge disadvantage compared to the EU/US players,after that BioWare announced that the Tionese/Columi/Rakata set will be removed with the 2.0 and as we know OPS and even FP are popping once in a while how can many of us get the tier 2 and 3 set?

I mean in the Europeans and American server during their prime time even a dps need to wait less than 30 minutes to start a Flapshpoint,and on the other hand my poor commando on Gav Daragon has to wait hours with the hope to start a flashpoint.

This, i play from india , cause aussie time zones are better for me, as in i get 2 hrs off in the afternoon from work which is peak time in aussieland, i get much better ping to EU servers and i would like to transfer there if they are offered

The numbers on Dalborra have started to droop again, i was on the Republic fleet at 8.30pm AEDT and there were approx 80 ppl on. It did fluctuate some what and did even move upto 100 or so but that is still down on how it was before the F2P boost.

If they merge servers to US or Euro, i am going to quit. Im not playing with 0.250 seconds of latency.

Might as well quit now.

What other western mmorpg you plan to play that isn't station in North America or Europe? The only one I can think of is Warhammer Online.

Edited by Knockerz

Might as well quit now.

What other western mmorpg you plan to play that isn't station in North America or Europe? The only one I can think of is Warhammer Online.

Lol Knockerz why do even keep posting in this thread?

I'm done. Just can't take it anymore playing Empire on MDN. Half an hour warzone queues only to get teamed with recruit players vs Super geared and skilled Pub players.

EAware: I hope this game tanks and you all go broke for the way you have neglected us. The bottom line is you suck at your jobs, our game is nearly unplayable because you lack the competence to implement a feature (server transfers) that other MMO had for over 4 years before you even launched this.

I'm done. Just can't take it anymore playing Empire on MDN. Half an hour warzone queues only to get teamed with recruit players vs Super geared and skilled Pub players.

EAware: I hope this game tanks and you all go broke for the way you have neglected us. The bottom line is you suck at your jobs, our game is nearly unplayable because you lack the competence to implement a feature (server transfers) that other MMO had for over 4 years before you even launched this.

Yeah I'm the same. Im Quitting after R.A.W. it's not even a threat, I just can't stand playing and having to wait on the fleet for a wz and not getting it for 30mins

I would like to play on APAC server. In fact, my first character creation is on APAC server. The following explains why I did not play on APAC server. I guess many many players don't play on APAC server for the same reasons. The lag has to go down in order to attract APAC players on the other half of the hemisphere to play on APAC server.

Distance from my location to Aus = 4000 KM, Server Lag = 450 ms

Distance from my location to US West Coast = 15,000 KM, Server Lag = 200 ms

I would like to play on APAC server. In fact, my first character creation is on APAC server. The following explains why I did not play on APAC server. I guess many many players don't play on APAC server for the same reasons. The lag has to go down in order to attract APAC players on the other half of the hemisphere to play on APAC server.

Distance from my location to Aus = 4000 KM, Server Lag = 450 ms

Distance from my location to US West Coast = 15,000 KM, Server Lag = 200 ms

Yes and these are just a couple of the reasons why the concerns stated in this thread are not easily resolved. What players within the immediate area of the APAC server want to know is if Bioware are going to help address these issues or just ditch us.

Edited by Amlici

Yes and these are just a couple of the reasons why the concerns stated in this thread are not easily resolved. What players within the immediate area of the APAC server want to know is if Bioware are going to help address these issues or just ditch us.

For my location, I know for sure that my ISP route their traffic to US west coast direct for commercial reason, which explains the lower lag. So there is not much bioware can do about it short of relocating APAC server outside of Australia, which Australia players would not like it. At the same time, internet infrastructure is not that developed in many surrounding countries while those countries that can potentially host swtor APAC server are probably higher cost than Australia. I have no good idea to suggest really. If APAC server lag come down to US west coast equivalent, I will come back definitely to support APAC server by creating brand new character (assuming char transfer is not possible). MMO with APAC server is the main interest that attract me to swtor in the first place.

At the same time, internet infrastructure is not that developed in many surrounding countries while those countries that can potentially host swtor APAC server are probably higher cost than Australia.

Yea well alot of Australia's internet infrastructure is not that developed atm either but we do have plans for major upgrades in most regions within the next 1-3 years.

Yeah I'm the same. Im Quitting after R.A.W. it's not even a threat, I just can't stand playing and having to wait on the fleet for a wz and not getting it for 30mins

If you're going to quit for these reasons, you should really reroll to Bastion, or at least wait around until 2.0 hits.

Before everyone gets their panties in a knot about "betrayal", well hey, these guys were going to quit the game either way. But if you do reroll, once server transfers are up, you can easily transfer your toons back to APAC servers.

The leveling process is not that bad. It's been about a month since I've rerolled and I'm a casual player now by all accounts, but I've already got valor 58 and nearly full WH augmented gear by averaging I think 2-4 hours a day, just enough to do Dailies. Plus, since 2.0 will be a gear reset, if you play like me, you will probably ding 50 just as 2.0 drops and you will start at exactly the same place as everyone else gear-wise, meaning you won't be behind at all.

The ping is not ideal but anyone who has played pretty much any US game from APAC region knows what it's like and it's really not that bad. If you're worried about making new friends, there are plenty of names you will recognize and will welcome you while you make this transition. And we generally don't advertise who has rerolled so you don't have to worry about people freaking out :)

Or yeah, you can just quit the game. Just saying you've got options.

Can't believe I wrote all that trying to convince you to stay in the game lol. Bioware better give me some cartel coins, I need to buy that Gold Scalene armor set.

Edited by iheartnyc

Quite angry really.

Tonight one of our larger guilds was recruiting on Master D.

42 people on fleet at the time. I felt sorry for them...then the sorrow turned to anger.

This is insulting to the APAC player base, it has gone on far far too long.

We on Master D and the other APAC servers have been waiting for MONTHS for this issue to be resolved.

We are still waiting.

People are spending good money on this game and a getting a substandard playing experience.

We still play, we want to play, but we are being treated in the most shabby and disrespectful way imaginable.

No solid details have been forth coming, no details about what they are planning, just seven months worth of we are looking into it...

Would anyone really wait that long for any other good or service??

I keep waiting for the solution, telling myself its just around the corner.

Bioware sounds sincere this time..they really are working on something..every single day..promise.

It sounds like an abusive relationship, not a customer service one.

Holy heck I just re-read the above..

so true.

Shameful Bioware, just shameful.

Correct this by relasing your plans immediately..

State clearly what you are working on and an approximate date for the solution.

Mergers in APAC or with West coast, 6 weeks or 2 weeks I DONT CARE.

Just honour your customers give them the service they deserve.

7 months of nothing

FOR SHAME!

tbh they are so open with customers about every other issue , i would rather wait for a dead line than be lead on

Nah they've lost me. I foolishly bought a 6 month subscription back on the first BIOWARE (NON)REPLY.... And have felt conned ever since.

I've logged probably 36 hours since January. I've even considered seeing options through Office of Fair Trading but realised its probably moot somewhere deep down in T&C. They've probably covered themselves from giving a ****.

I wouldn't take this from any other service provider. So even if they merge I won't re-subscribe, if they offer transfers I won't subscribe... If I can be bothered i'll F2P...

The game is good.... Customer Service and (respect) is *********** atrocious. To restrict us to an inferior product is poor form. The fact we had to remind them about extra character slots pretty much sums up their attitude to the APAC servers and customers.

EA/BIOWARE DON'T GIVE A RATS **** ABOUT APAC

**** me... 75 days of sub to go..... What a waste....

Edited by MyPetMonkey

If you're going to quit for these reasons, you should really reroll to Bastion, or at least wait around until 2.0 hits.

Before everyone gets their panties in a knot about "betrayal", well hey, these guys were going to quit the game either way. But if you do reroll, once server transfers are up, you can easily transfer your toons back to APAC servers.

The leveling process is not that bad. It's been about a month since I've rerolled and I'm a casual player now by all accounts, but I've already got valor 58 and nearly full WH augmented gear by averaging I think 2-4 hours a day, just enough to do Dailies. Plus, since 2.0 will be a gear reset, if you play like me, you will probably ding 50 just as 2.0 drops and you will start at exactly the same place as everyone else gear-wise, meaning you won't be behind at all.

The ping is not ideal but anyone who has played pretty much any US game from APAC region knows what it's like and it's really not that bad. If you're worried about making new friends, there are plenty of names you will recognize and will welcome you while you make this transition. And we generally don't advertise who has rerolled so you don't have to worry about people freaking out :)

Or yeah, you can just quit the game. Just saying you've got options.

Can't believe I wrote all that trying to convince you to stay in the game lol. Bioware better give me some cartel coins, I need to buy that Gold Scalene armor set.

Lol nice post and I get you man but all I do is pvp. I've played on the US servers and everything is so delayed that I gave up. I use hutball as an example for some obvious reasons...

1. I can never get the ball in mid before someone else no matter how fast I click it.

2. When I leap to someone up top they have already jumped down and I end up on the ground.

3. When I think I've passed the fire, I haven't snd I end up getting stunned in it.

4. When I try to force push someone it pushes them backwards because they were still running.

5. When I use a medpac at low health It doesn't work cause I'm already dead.

And after writing all of that I just realized I can still cancel my sub and level a toon. Lol I just don't want bioware to get paid because they don't deserve it, screwing us over like this.

A tip for anyone else quitting/canceling their sub. Create characters and transfer 350k to each. This way you can still have millions and not have to worry about the cap. When they hit lvl 50 just level up a new one. Free use of Biowares game until they fix their ****

Edited by Obirayy

Lol nice post and I get you man but all I do is pvp. I've played on the US servers and everything is so delayed that I gave up. I use hutball as an example for some obvious reasons...

1. I can never get the ball in mid before someone else no matter how fast I click it.

2. When I leap to someone up top they have already jumped down and I end up on the ground.

3. When I think I've passed the fire, I haven't snd I end up getting stunned in it.

4. When I try to force push someone it pushes them backwards because they were still running.

5. When I use a medpac at low health It doesn't work cause I'm already dead.

And after writing all of that I just realized I can still cancel my sub and level a toon. Lol I just don't want bioware to get paid because they don't deserve it, screwing us over like this.

A tip for anyone else quitting/canceling their sub. Create characters and transfer 350k to each. This way you can still have millions and not have to worry about the cap. When they hit lvl 50 just level up a new one. Free use of Biowares game until they fix their ****

i play at 400~500ms, il admit there are certain times where i want to put my first thru my monitor, but it is manageable on ranged dps classes

All of those issues you mentioned for pvp, I still get on 80ms ping

Just sayin

Thank you captain obvious. It gets exponentially worse with more ping, competitive play is not possible for AU players on US servers.