Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

shinder

My full-priced copy of the game did not include any of the romance stuff that was given for free to other players. For this reason, I will never look at anything from BioWare/EA/Lucasarts ever again.

Wait?! This stuff is not part of the normal game?!

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaesa hands down. I didn't roll a Sith warrior to be nice. I rolled one to force choke my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their women. Jaesa really complements that well. She's twisted, sinister, crazy, but 100% down for you. You can also be 100% yourself as dark side Sith with Jaesa, whereas with Vette the only time you can really show your true nature is when money is involved.

...howabout we can make trades, i'll trade you 1 torian for a 2nd vector and alternating weekends with quinn ( to give to kaleiyo to "play" with ) or a jorgan in mint condition + flea collar along with bowdar

Torian for Vector deal with alternating weekends with Quinn works out, can do some extra space stuff then. And go the the fleet to shop things without space-hubby wanting to talk to all the military ppl.

Or a slightly used Aric, and I couldn't find a flea collar, but both him and Bowdaar have been washed with best pet-shampoo only last week so I hope that will make up for any inconvenience.

Torian for Vector deal with alternating weekends with Quinn works out, can do some extra space stuff then. And go the the fleet to shop things without space-hubby wanting to talk to all the military ppl.

Or a slightly used Aric, and I couldn't find a flea collar, but both him and Bowdaar have been washed with best pet-shampoo only last week so I hope that will make up for any inconvenience.

hmm.... make sure he has his rabies tag, and is shipped in an airline approved cat carrier, and we make a deal.

Akaavi!!! I enjoyed the Republic Commando books, so it was nice to dive into the Mandalorian culture a bit. Their morals aren't that intuitive, so trying to figure here out was an interesting challenge.

I wish she would have kicked Risha's *** when they fight over you. That would have made my day. LOL!

• 9 months later...

Vector. My first 50 was my Agent, followed by my Sorcerer and Warrior. (I also recently just did Torian and Ashara, on a LS Merc and DS Assassin... Ashara was.. sweet, sometimes. Then the next convo she was all psycho and hated me. Okay then... Torian didn't seem to talk much, but there was this cute little hug at the beginning of a convo that seriously made me fangirl squee for a second.)

Now, I'm also a female player, and played my Warrior as a Lightside Male Cyborg Juggernaught; I didn't really care much for either Vette or Jaesa (Vette was just... well, Vette, I guess, and Jaesa is the most bland companion in the game, I swear.) I ended up pursuing a romance with Vette (which at first turned out me just wanting to max affection ASAP with her as she ran my underworld trading missions... I only used Quinn pretty much out in the field.) And the romance was actually quite cute! I even got my Jugg to crack a few jokes, which I always loved playing the wise-*** side of him. Also the mail at the end was hilarious.

My Sorc romanced Andronikos; it was... okay, I guess. Defo wasn't my favorite. :(

Now, the Agent... I played as a Chiss female Operative Lightside; that story and everything in it was amazing. The companion stories were awesome, too! And Vector is the sweetest guy ever, and I had a good laugh at how he didn't get jealous at all, hell I even GAINED affection with him once for flirting. *Facepalm*

Alot of the guys in my guild teased me at first for having slept with a 'bug dude and the whole colony knows how you are in bed', but after I told them about his companion story they defo were intrigued. :)

I'm currently playing a Smuggler and just finished Nar Shaddaa, Corso's cute and all that, too.

TL;DR: Vector's my fav because he's so sweet.

Definitely Doc.

Mostly, as a male playing a female character, the storylines really are quite ridiculous. The male romance options are poor, cliche, and generally bad, and you really get the feeling they were written by guys with no idea how to write romances from a female perspective (which to be fair neither, of course, could I).

Doc, however, is hilarious. I think as a guy (and I'm sure as a woman too) you laugh at the hilarity and cheesiness of his pick up lines, but as you continue along the storyline he turns into a really interesting character.

Rejecting him at the very end, in order to not get dark side points, was really sad, and I actually felt a pang of sadness, which is quite rare and rather weird if you think about it (but shows you how great the writing was) when he said "by the way, I would have made a great husband".

-----

Definitely Doc.

Mostly, as a male playing a female character, the storylines really are quite ridiculous. The male romance options are poor, cliche, and generally bad, and you really get the feeling they were written by guys with no idea how to write romances from a female perspective (which to be fair neither, of course, could I).

Doc, however, is hilarious. I think as a guy (and I'm sure as a woman too) you laugh at the hilarity and cheesiness of his pick up lines, but as you continue along the storyline he turns into a really interesting character.

Rejecting him at the very end, in order to not get dark side points, was really sad, and I actually felt a pang of sadness, which is quite rare and rather weird if you think about it (but shows you how great the writing was) when he said "by the way, I would have made a great husband".

-----

I had to log in just to give this post a big +1! My JK just met Doc last night and I swear, I haven't laughed as much at a companion interaction so far! He's just so... hammy! That line when they first meet, "I'll have to examine you closer... later." Had me in stitches of surprised laughter. I was just waiting for him to wriggle his eyebrows. And that mustache... Perfect. I think he'll be good for my JK, though she's extreme LS so I don't know which way I'm going to play it yet.

I haven't really gotten into any of the romance arcs yet. I liked Corso well enough but he just didn't mesh with my Smuggler's character at all. She's tough and pragmatic and Corso kept banging on about "ladies". My smuggler ain't no lady. So I didn't bother with that one.

I can't see my BH going for Torian, so I'll probably skip that one too.

I do have my IA involved with Vector though. Jury's still out on that one but I'm finding it interesting.

I rolled a male SW last week just to see how the dudes fare and so far I like Vette.

My favorite line of Doc's is something about asteroids colliding...gosh I can't remember it now. But I laughed so hard I had to get up from my chair and go tell my husband about it in the other room. :p The pacing on that romance felt a little off to me though. I suspected he was starting to come around and then BAM, he's saying I love you. It felt like there should have been one more "transition" quest in there somewhere. Or at least that's how I remember it.

I still haven't done all the romances, and I haven't tried any of them as a male character yet either. But so far, Vector is still my favorite. His story meshed so well with the agent's, and I could really imagine a bond forming between them. He always kept me wondering what interesting/bizarre/poetic/insightful thing he was going to say next. I like my fantasy game men eccentric, apparently. :cool:

My first character was a Sniper who ignored Kaliyo and Temple but totally romanced Watcher 2. It was amazing until the relationship just dropped off the map and was never mentioned again after Chapter 1. Still, my agent's remaining single in the hopes that the devs will grant us a chapter 4 to the class stories, in which my agent and Watcher 2 can reuinite...

After that character I played a Light sith warrior and romanced Vette, which was great because she's such a fun character.

Then I played a JK "punk-with-a-lightsaber" type character, which was a blast by itself but the Kira romance made it even better. If I had to pick my favorite romance so far, it would have to be Kira. She's tough, sexy, snarky, and she's out to break my kill record. You can't find anything to not love about this chick.

Unfortunately, my next character, a level 39 Sith Assassin, ended up getting deleted and rerolled because of the Ashara romance. I know there's a lot of people who like her, so I'll simply say that I don't think an inquisitor should romance her unless they are truly a light side peace-loving republic/jedi sympathizer. My character was not, and I felt the dialogue really screwed up my character. When I play my inquisitor this time, I plan to ignore/be very mean to her.

Let's see, favorite romance so far...

I skipped my bh romance because my girl isn't a cougar. Other than that I've done the trooper, imperial agent, jedi knight, and jedi consular.

From least to most favorite:

Jedi Knight - I liked Doc at the beginning. Bit of laughs in a sea of grim, but the shallowness really got old. He just didn't fit my knight at all. Plus, there's Lord Scourge being all broody in the cargo hold and um...yeah.

Jedi Consular - This one is growing on me. Iresso is very sweet. Extremely sweet. Kinda bland though. He has a really solid personality though, and at this point I can't see my sage with anyone else. But again with the broody guy on the ship. If Zenith ever becomes romanceable, my baby shadow will be a happy girl.

Imperial Agent - Vector is so sweet and such a rock in a crowd of crazy people. I loved his personality and the romance was interesting.

Trooper - MY FAVORITE! First one, still my favorite. Adore Aric. Love the progression of the story and the relationship between them, just love it.

well, i've only done two so far, quinn and andronikos. out of those two, i'd say andronikos. cause he actually took me out on a couple dates before asking me to marry him.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Andronikos had some great scenes of just...hanging out, talking.

I enjoyed Quinn for how beautifully, hilariously unromantic his mind is, and I like Elara for being an absolute sweet wonderful girl, and I had an incredible time matching wills and mind games with the train wreck that was Kaliyo...actually, that might be my favorite overall...but Andronikos felt the most normal and pleasant.

I honestly like none of them, and personally I wanted player to player relationships. :< I personally feel rather irritated by all of it. I don't like the companion relationship at all. It messed up ALL my hours of playing and made it worthless.

I honestly like none of them, and personally I wanted player to player relationships. :< I personally feel rather irritated by all of it. I don't like the companion relationship at all. It messed up ALL my hours of playing and made it worthless.

Do you mean that you would prefer rp type relationships? Or more ways in game to mark player-to-player relationships? I'm a little surprised that the optional companion relationships messed up "all" your hours of playing, seeing as how it was optional.

I have done (or seen) all female romances in the game. My favourite are DS Jaesa and Risha. They both look hot and their romance sub-plots are a good fit for the respective class characters. Edited by Path-x

My main is a sith Inquisitor Sorcerer. I personally liked the arc with Ashara, Yah I mean sometimes you get awkward moments in the Romance but thats the thing. You cannot tell me if you've been in a real relationship with someone that you've never had an Awakard moment :D