Issues for Australian Players With The Merge

XXFEZXX

Just got word of the merge ... so i created a player on the bastion to see just how bad the lag really is. My pings Jumps from 177ms to 260 even 330ms while in combat. As foe's became harder (level 7) i noticed my hits where missing alot of the time. During one fight i completely droped out.

I have what is considered to be one of the best connections currently available in Australia D\20mps U\512kps.

I have all my ports forwarded and firewall set but that only managed to get my pings lowered by 6 -8 ms.

This has destroyed the game for me.

Calling out to SWTOR server Admins if there is anything you guys can do to increase latency for aussies please do because its unbearable....

They really should have thought about this more thoroughly. Six months ago they have all you guys sanctity by making the AUS servers and such, now they are taking that away and giving you guys bad ping all over again. Doesn't seem fair and I have a feeling they will be losing a ton more customers because of this action.

They really should have thought about this more thoroughly. Six months ago they have all you guys sanctity by making the AUS servers and such, now they are taking that away and giving you guys bad ping all over again. Doesn't seem fair and I have a feeling they will be losing a ton more customers because of this action.

Yup!!! Anything passed 200 is going to be rough in competitive pvp.

To start of using battleping did stabilize my connection. I'm also using traffic shaping software to get the most i can.

that being said my ping was stable at around 176ms to about 189ms. (I saw it once drop to 166ms)

Leveled my test character to 10 and played a couple of WZ. My Latency bar was at 3 out of 5, was playable i guess

To start of using battleping did stabilize my connection. I'm also using traffic shaping software to get the most i can.

that being said my ping was stable at around 176ms to about 189ms. (I saw it once drop to 166ms)

Leveled my test character to 10 and played a couple of WZ. My Latency bar was at 3 out of 5, was playable i guess

Ugh that's still rough... I mean I'm gonna be playing at 23ms to ur 170-200ms that just seems unfair and retarded. They need to figure out a way to stabilize it for the people coming over. Playing any game with stupid ping is stupid.

I live in Melbourne, have 50mbs connection.

Bad marketing decisions no EA/BW's have made the game in our region less appealing.

you can't have peak hour times in Oceanic regions down for maintenance.. friends stopped playing as a direct result of this bad move.

I paid up front a higher price than the rest of the world for the game to begin with, i endured downtime when i should of been playing.

the lack of being able to transfer to friends servers.

and now im told il have to play on a server that makes the game even less appealing.

Tell me how this is the best option.

All this is doing is getting rid of the problem in front of them.

by shutting us down, our collective voices will be eradicated.

• 2 months later...

As far as I can tell, it has been a while since the last post in this thread. I'd just like to add my voice to the really annoyed. Not just with the incredibly annoying (and nigh on game killing) lag, but also with the immediate and unilateral decision to dump us all on US servers.

I like talking to people in my region, they know what's going on here and it helps to have people in more or less the same timezone (by default) when teaming up and the like. Personally, if the servers have to be shut down, I'd rather transfer my characters to one of the English speaking European servers (and have), not particularly because of any prejudice against Americans, rather the cultural similarity Australians share with the UK, more so than with the US.

Dumping us in with the Americans by default is somewhat insulting to a culture that has little it shares with Americans. We may all use English, but our English (and its cultural implications and meanings) still are more Anglicised than Americanised. Culturally it's just insulting to lump us in with a region and culture that has little to do with us, utilising a form of English that is as foreign in expression as it is in spelling, this enforced move has little to endear us to it.

Please do something about the lag (I'm willing to put up with a lot, but not if it continues to virtually make the game unplayable) and something for this entire region that is more than a half-hearted gesture of appeasement. I don't want cartel coins, I had to change servers, character names & legacy name and got lag, drop outs and nil consideration and yes, I am a subscriber. We have been forced into the best of bad situations with no consideration for the players, who incidentally may choose not to pay for this kind of experience.

Yup!!! Anything passed 200 is going to be rough in competitive pvp.

I stay at a stable 230 and I reckon I still do okay, even though I went back to my operative. It's not that bad, just miss a few stuns and backstabs every now and then.

I've been playing at 200-300ms since the beginning of the game and i don't feel like i'm doing worse than other people. Granted i've never played at 4 bars so maybe there is a big difference and i'm just amazing.

There's definitely a significant difference between 30ms and 300ms and I was sad to give up that smooth gameplay but I'm an Australian player, SWTOR is an American game, and if I want to play I have to cope with it. I just don't feel entitled to complain about it. In the end, it's was MY choice to keep playing on.

it's really sad because this has to be the best MMO iv played,

On the APAC servers lag was really a non-issue however lag on this server is unfortunately going to drive me away from this game. this is not a 'threat post" to try and get bioware to do something as I truly believe nothing can be done now as the only fix I see is playing on a APAC servers which just isn't possible any more.

I solely PVP and find it extremely frustrating when ( this happens 10 times at least every WZ) I click or press a ability and I don't get a global cool down or animation just 2 seconds late its all of a sudden on cool down, however the ability didn't apply its affect/or damage to my target, or every 4th ability lags 1 second before the global which in affect is a 2.5 global cool down and with huttball respawn my opponent has already got the ball before I see it on my screen, I could go on forever but I wont

Speaking of huttball, huttball is incredible im going to miss this the most.

Any one got any suggestions for a similar pvp game with servers in Australia, I tried WOW and that's like mehhh! babies game with what seem like boring pvp concepts ( 2v2 3v3 sounds interesting tho can't do that till high lvl )

and after shooting blaster pistols other weapons don't seem to be as cool.

Peace out.

it's really sad because this has to be the best MMO iv played,

On the APAC servers lag was really a non-issue however lag on this server is unfortunately going to drive me away from this game. this is not a 'threat post" to try and get bioware to do something as I truly believe nothing can be done now as the only fix I see is playing on a APAC servers which just isn't possible any more.

I solely PVP and find it extremely frustrating when ( this happens 10 times at least every WZ) I click or press a ability and I don't get a global cool down or animation just 2 seconds late its all of a sudden on cool down, however the ability didn't apply its affect/or damage to my target, or every 4th ability lags 1 second before the global which in affect is a 2.5 global cool down and with huttball respawn my opponent has already got the ball before I see it on my screen, I could go on forever but I wont

Speaking of huttball, huttball is incredible im going to miss this the most.

Any one got any suggestions for a similar pvp game with servers in Australia, I tried WOW and that's like mehhh! babies game with what seem like boring pvp concepts ( 2v2 3v3 sounds interesting tho can't do that till high lvl )

and after shooting blaster pistols other weapons don't seem to be as cool.

Peace out.

Play Mario Kart if you can't handle a bit of lag.

Have you tried an SSH tunneling service like battleping.com or smoothping.com in order to reduce your latency?

They cost about 5 USD per month and are pretty effective from what I've heard. Paying extra per month to overcome latency sucks but it could be worth it for those that game a lot.