So it seems TFU really isn't canon no more...maybe.

Wolfninjajedi

Though I can't seem to see the answer, looks like that it isn't. What's more is that this is even coming from last year in Dec.

So with all this now and with Rebels coming, seems to me TFU series is now kaput. Or at least it strongly suggests that it will be.

I suppose we shall see when Rebels come, but with that tweet and then also referencing that the RA started in TCW(wasn't there an episode about it?) and Rebels coming...seems likely. Which means also a certain someone's death has been retconned....again....only backwards.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Though I can't seem to see the answer, looks like that it isn't. What's more is that this is even coming from last year in Dec.

So with all this now and with Rebels coming, seems to me TFU series is now kaput. Or at least it strongly suggests that it will be.

I suppose we shall see when Rebels come, but with that tweet and then also referencing that the RA started in TCW(wasn't there an episode about it?) and Rebels coming...seems likely. Which means also a certain someone's death has been retconned....again....only backwards.

What sorcery is this? I still prefer the TFU story to the rebels stuff. And that's only the beginning. When the new movies are finished, and we get information about the story and characters, probably the whole EU after ROTJ is screwed. :(

I don't think there was an episode in TCW that showed a start of the rebellion... I just binge watched all 6 seasons and I don't recall seeing an episode that deals with the RA.

And yeah, I can't find the answer as well. As far as we know it could have been a fan spreading a rumor, till I hear it from Leland Chee or the Rebels series I won't believe it. There is so much in flux and so much rumored with all the new content being released, I don't think much of anything is solid right now, cept that we know what is canon now will stay so till it is said otherwise.

I don't think there was an episode in TCW that showed a start of the rebellion... I just binge watched all 6 seasons and I don't recall seeing an episode that deals with the RA.

And yeah, I can't find the answer as well. As far as we know it could have been a fan spreading a rumor, till I hear it from Leland Chee or the Rebels series I won't believe it. There is so much in flux and so much rumored with all the new content being released, I don't think much of anything is solid right now, cept that we know what is canon now will stay so till it is said otherwise.

It just seems to be bits and pieces coming together really. Though I don't think it was a rumor, I mean a question like that being asked to someone who doesn't know? But we shall see, though it seems like it's set up as such.

I mean we got Rebels coming out, we got Greg Wiseman who worked on TCW and now Rebels saying the latter is gonna show the founding on the RA.

Then there is this tweet from last year

Oh just found it, the roots are in season 5 with A war on two fronts, Front Runners, Soft War and Tripping points. Or so says the wiki anyhow.

Then you have the vision with Yoda and someone's particular death.

/Shrug

It just seems....to be heading that way really. But I guess we shall see.

Good.

I genuinelly enjoyed TFU. it was my first PS3 game purchase and i had a lot of fun with it. But, Galen was ridiculously OP. i didn't play TFU II, (too many bad reviews) but cannon or not the game really made it seem like he was >Palp & Vader....

its been known for a while. see here.

http://imageshack.us/a/img577/4374/noooooooooooooooo.jpg

And the full convo

@infinata is the start of the Rebel Alliance from TFU considered canon with the Rebels storyline? Or is TFU not canon at all?

Retweet

Favorite

More

Expand

Pablo Hidalgo ‏@infinata

1h

@A_Targaryen no. The TFU version isn't canon. The season 5 Clone Wars stuff is.

Its pretty obvious the Rebels show will be the final nail in the coffin for TFU. thank god.

Edited by Girdeux

YAY! Good for Star Wars Rebels! TFU was a mediocre story at best and Galen Marek was a crappy character.Now the Story Group has a few more EU stories to get rid of (Crystal Star, please leave the universe.) and the Eu will be good. Good riddance to Marek. Hated that character.

The Force Unleashed was a compelling story that held pretty true to some major themes of Star Wars including betrayal, inner struggle, redemption, etc... with some daddy issues and a love story on the side.

Force Unleashed 2 was awesome for addressing issues with identity, destiny, and self worth. It also had a nice reunion and restoration element as well. Oh, and another love story on the side.

Eh, to each their own I guess. I personally really liked the way TFU showed the rebellion's start. Btw, the novel for TFU 2 was a fun read especially seeing things from Juno's perspective.

@A_Targaryen no. The TFU version isn't canon. The season 5 Clone Wars stuff is.

Its pretty obvious the Rebels show will be the final nail in the coffin for TFU. thank god.

Err, what happened in Season 5 in relation to the Rebellion?

Surely they are not talking about the rebellion on Onderon?

YAY! Good for Star Wars Rebels! TFU was a mediocre story at best and Galen Marek was a crappy character.Now the Story Group has a few more EU stories to get rid of and the Eu will be good. Good riddance to Marek

Now they just need to get rid if that Dark Empire garbage

yep, what they said

Edited by Kaedusz

The Force Unleashed was a compelling story that held pretty true to some major themes of Star Wars including betrayal, inner struggle, redemption, etc... with some daddy issues and a love story on the side.

Force Unleashed 2 was awesome for addressing issues with identity, destiny, and self worth. It also had a nice reunion and restoration element as well. Oh, and another love story on the side.

Eh, to each their own I guess. I personally really liked the way TFU showed the rebellion's start. Btw, the novel for TFU 2 was a fun read especially seeing things from Juno's perspective.

This...me personally, I really enjoyed the stories. I've been anxious to see what happens next in his story. The books definitely told the story better than the games, but they were highly enjoyable. But it really don't make sense for them to mess with TFU. Rebels apparently will take place almost 20yrs after RotS. If it ain't broke don't fix it...:cool:

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

Rebels apparently will take place almost 20yrs after RotS. If it ain't broke don't fix it...:cool:

More like 15 yrs, taking place in 5 BBY.

Oh but really? Well what was wrong with the original origins of the Alliance hmm? :p They didn't have to fix that either, but they did!

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

True or not, I'd be glad to see a lot of post Episode III EU retconned out of existence. Not a fan of Dark Empire, the Vong, or TFU and with Ep VII on the way, they'll probably be retconning things left and right anyway.

Well what was wrong with the original origins of the Alliance hmm? :p They didn't have to fix that either, but they did!

If you're talking about TFU, I thought they did a fairly good job of trying to respect what had already been established about the origins of the Rebellion when they added their new spin on it. Heck, they even included Garm Bel Iblis as one of the founders when they very easily could have gotten away with ignoring him completely.

If you're talking about TFU, I thought they did a fairly good job of trying to respect what had already been established about the origins of the Rebellion when they added their new spin on it. Heck, they even included Garm Bel Iblis as one of the founders when they very easily could have gotten away with ignoring him completely.

No am talking about the original, original origins of the Alliance before TFU came along.

The real question is, how did Shaak Ti die now?

Probably by Anakin , IIRC in the ROTS novel(not sure) upon arriving at the gates of the Jedi Temple with the 501st. Anakin asked the gatekeeper(before killing him) where Shaak Ti was. Interesting...it seems even wookiepedia has taken note of that...

Though not described first-hand, Vader asks the Gate Master Jurokk where Shaak Ti is. This scene did, however, appear in one of Yoda's visions in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 6 episode "Voices".

All in all I guess we just gonna wait till actual confirmation is made.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi