Adaptive Armor (low level)

Runestar

I have a level 2 character and I want to get them the Sanctified Caretaker Armor Set (usable at level 1). The problem is that I can't seem to find any info on what level of mods I can put into it at that level and what the scale is as I level. Is there a guide on this someone could point me to? Also can you add augment slots to this armor set? Edited by Runestar

Mods are all usable according to your level, so as you increase you obtain mods from comm vendors, quest rewards, crafting or buying them from the GTN. So, if you are level 10, you can use level 10 mods and below.

Adaptive armor DOES NOT scale with you as you gain levels. Nothing in this game does. Adaptive means that any class can wear the armor without penalty, or another way to think of it would be that adaptive armor does not require light, medium or heavy certifications.

Mobs will not drop this armor, it has to be purchased from the Cartel Market, or from the GTN if someone is selling it.

You can add augments to just about anything. In this case, it is an emphatic yes.

i'm pretty sure the lowest mods you can get are around level 9-11. i usually mod out a set of adaptive for my alts but i seem to recall not equiping it until level 10 or so. level 1-10, you are just going to have to roll with green/blue gear for the most part. since you can get to level 10 in a few hours, i would not worry about it too much

lowest level mods are 8 i think but it take about 20 mins max as a 1st time player to get too 8 just think yourself lucky adaptive armor is in it wasn't at launch

I would be interested to know how you blow through 8 levels in 20 minutes as a "1st time player".

Do you park your level 1 in a cantina and then stack exp bonuses and cartel pack boosts?

Oh wait, you have to have a legacy to use legacy exp bonuses... :confused:

• 1 month later...

Adaptive Armor is still confusing me. Mainly because of the way it appears on my body,

The setup: I have two pieces of chest armor at the moment.

One is a green "Huttese Wraidskin Chestguard" - Medium Armor (26); 91 Armor; looks like a nice field jacket with reinforced panels. Requires L9.

One is a Cartel item I got from a random pack buy - orange "Covert Torso Energy Armor" - which appears to have nearly identical characteristics to the Huttese piece. Adaptive Armor (26); 91 Armor; I have slotted a 10 Armor, 8 Mod, and 10 Enhancement into it.

Equipping either item to my person produces nearly identical results. I have slightly better health and endurance with the Adaptive Armor; and slightly better cunning with the Wraidskin.

But here's the thing; with the Wraidskin armor I look like your everyday ordinary field officer.

With the Covert armor I look like I'm running around in my underwear.

So...um... is there something I can wear with, or over, the Covert armor, so I look like I'm wearing more than a sports bra? :o

~Marnova

I use adaptive armor / mod-able armor until i'm 50, or until something awesome comes along. I have several characters that can make all the mods necessary to make it work, and for the most part find that I end up above par with my environment every time. I recommend however if this is your first toon, use the gear given to you in quests rewards and with what you can gain with planet specific coins.

Wait, so if i'm lvl 8 now and i buy adaptive armor and use it up to 50, it's stats won't upgrade every time i lvl up? It will stay at the best stats for lvl 8 instead of whatever lvl i go to? Edited by LooneyMobb

Wait, so if i'm lvl 8 now and i buy adaptive armor and use it up to 50, it's stats won't upgrade every time i lvl up? It will stay at the best stats for lvl 8 instead of whatever lvl i go to?

It won't automatically upgrade. You have to get modifications (armoring, mods, enhancement) for it and replace the modifications that are in it. You can get the modifications from the GTN, from quest rewards, or from vendors (regular and commendation) on a planet.

If you continue to upgrade your mods, you can use the same shell (which is all adaptive armor is) from 10-50.

The Covert armor was made specifically for people who want to run around naked, so they can run around naked and still have stats for combat. If you don't like that it shows you naked, don't wear that armot, wear some other adaptive armor that you like the look of.

As far as "adaptive", it just means that if you put a level 10 armoring plate in it, that plate will give you:

- 10 armor if your class is a caster that can only wear light armor

- 20 armor if your class can wear medium armor

- 50 armor if your class can wear heavy armor

That's all it means. You still have to take out the level 10 mods and put in level 15 mods (and so on) when you level up, to keep it current with what level you are. It's just like orange armor. You have to take the mods out and put higher level mods in.

The advantage is that the mods cost less than a completely new outfit; you can buy them for cheaper with planet commendations, or on the GTN, or even make the mods with some of the crafting skills. So, it can be cheaper to keep up with your level by buying mods, than it would be to buy blue or purple items every 5 levels.