Did Vader ever try to clone Padme?

Slowpokeking

In the Lost Command, Vader and his squad were ambushed by Lady Saro along with Atoan insurgants(a large number of them) along with Shale ambushed the squad, killing them and then Vader sustained damage from flamethrowers(which he withstands for a time but then eventually just crumples to the ground). They then chain him up like in the picture and thus there it goes. He also kills a squad of Storm Commandos(but I don't know in what timeframe that takes place, before or after.)

This is the same comic, where Vader collapses a cathedral on himself, Shale and Saro(killing the latter two) after escaping his bindings.

So in that one comic series, Vader killed a squad of Storm Commandos sent to kill him, withstood flamethrowers for a time(I don't got that scan sorry), then willed himself back to life, then collapsed a cathedral on himself and surviving for days without food or water. I think it is also the same comic series(The lost Command has 5 issues) that Vader survives a point-blank explosion.

==

Now a question for you, when did Luke will himself back to life?

It was in Courtship of Princess Leia Novel. A witch of Dathomir Exploded the blood vessels in his brain he became a force ghost for a short time and saw the living force understood for the first time the near limitless power of the force and then used it to repair the blood vessels in his head and will himself back up in this same book he took the falcon and was the pilot, co-pilot, and gunner at the same time while doing so he took on a star destroyer in space using the force he dodged every shot making the falcon move in ways Han didnt even think possible. He took out the witches that exploded his head this time their attempts were useless as after willing himself to life he understood much better the power of the force for the short time that he spent dead he learned alot just by being able to physically see the force. Timeline wise I think this was after emporer reborn but before the Thrawn Trilogy as Leia and Han are not yet married in this book.

Edited by tunewalker

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was in Courtship of Princess Leia Novel. A witch of Dathomir Exploded the blood vessels in his brain he became a force ghost for a short time and saw the living force understood for the first time the near limitless power of the force and then used it to repair the blood vessels in his head and will himself back up in this same book he took the falcon and was the pilot, co-pilot, and gunner at the same time while doing so he took on a star destroyer in space using the force he dodged every shot making the falcon move in ways Han didnt even think possible. He took out the witches that exploded his head this time their attempts were useless as after willing himself to life he understood much better the power of the force for the short time that he spent dead he learned alot just by being able to physically see the force. Timeline wise I think this was after emporer reborn but before the Thrawn Trilogy as Leia and Han are not yet married in this book.

Ah, sounds neat.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He died because of his life support and also letting go of his hate, that kept him alive. The fact he survived from the throne room on the 2nd death star, to the hanger bay shows that he can survive for a time without his respirator on willpower or hatred alone or both. If you recall, he did also survive and was moving after getting 3 limbs cut off and set ablaze(thus damaging his lungs) until Palpatine showed up, and also surviving on the operating table without any drugs to numb the pain.

It sounds like you and morg are making the same points fact is Vader CAN survive a time without his resperator but with out getting one he will sooner or later die from its lack his hatred will keep him alive for a good while but of course it can only last so long if it was indeffinate he wouldnt need the mask at all. But ya Vader has a hell of a willpower and power of hatred in which he can use to keep himself alive.

It sounds like you and morg are making the same points fact is Vader CAN survive a time without his resperator but with out getting one he will sooner or later die from its lack his hatred will keep him alive for a good while but of course it can only last so long if it was indeffinate he wouldnt need the mask at all. But ya Vader has a hell of a willpower and power of hatred in which he can use to keep himself alive.

Ya thats what I was saying, I was just merely pointing out that he can survive on his willpower/hatred for a time until he actually dies.

But anyway were kinda going off track with this thread..

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm still really confused as to how you think Vader thinks this will pan out. So, he clones Padme, she wakes up. And he's like, Padme its me! And she's like :eek: and probably doesn't even believe its Vader (she has no reason to) so after she's got over her initial shock and the fact she is a clone (presupposing that the cloning process will actually work which, for the record, it probably will not) He gives his whole, "come rule the galaxy with me speech" and she's like

. Palpatine may not be able to sense Padme, but once he senses a change of emotions in Vader he can easily read his mind and discover the truth. He has done this before from light years away.

Because Vader was beaten by Luke and got his hand cut off, he was not on his best condition.

Clearly Sidious cannot sense the change from Vader, otherwise he would get threw off by him. Vader already started to change since he met Luke on Endor, but Sidious sensed none of it.

He could prepare everything ready to tell her, it's not like Padme cares so much about his looks.
That doesn't change anything at all.

No, he didn't say Anakin is dead, in RotS novel it's made clear to him

No, he said clear he is Luke's father, just told Luke the name of Anakin no longer has any meaning to him.

And he still loves Padme, he still wants to have Padme, it's also clear in G canon.

Exactly, that's what I mean when I say Anakin is dead. I don't mean literally, I mean that person no longer exists or has any meaning to him any longer. Until Luke shows up he believes himself to be Darth Vader and there to be no light inside of him. The quote you posted, when put in context, gives an entirely different meaning. It was a moment of realisation for Vader that he killed Padme.

She clearly told Vader she loves him, that's just some nightmare, not his view.

No, Padme views him as Anakin, not Vader in the end of EP III.

Actually it was Padme's Force ghost. As Lady Sao explains:

Lady Saro and Garoche Tarkin revealed themselves, causing a shocked Vader to believe that the priestess had somehow induced him with hallucinations. However, Lady Saro explained that she possessed the ability to see in ways that most others could not, an ability that she could share with anyone, thus enabling Vader to see the spirit of his dead wife. ~ Wookieepedia

That was Padme, she has recognised that their relationship is at an end. She's forgiven him but their can be nothing more between them.

Because Vader was beaten by Luke and got his hand cut off, he was not on his best condition.

Clearly Sidious cannot sense the change from Vader, otherwise he would get threw off by him. Vader already started to change since he met Luke on Endor, but Sidious sensed none of it.

I'm not going to debate with you over whether Vader could defeat Sidious, because the G-Canon you constantly refer to says he would be destroyed.

Nonetheless Sidious would be able to sense Vader's thoughts, he did not sense it on the Death Star because his attention was consumed by Luke who in the novel was actually fighting back. Given that Sidious has read Vader's mind before on multiple occasions as well as the minds of others, he will be able to read it in this instance.

Actually it was Padme's Force ghost. As Lady Sao explains:

Lady Saro and Garoche Tarkin revealed themselves, causing a shocked Vader to believe that the priestess had somehow induced him with hallucinations. However, Lady Saro explained that she possessed the ability to see in ways that most others could not, an ability that she could share with anyone, thus enabling Vader to see the spirit of his dead wife. ~ Wookieepedia

That was Padme, she has recognised that their relationship is at an end. She's forgiven him but their can be nothing more between them.

[/color]

As a side note, Vader went absolutely bat **** from having those visions lol.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PmKD1pOEzcE/UC6b51tPJhI/AAAAAAAAAtg/ZL70L082IvY/s1600/LC5Preview2.jpg

http://www.4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/swdvlc5.jpg

I don't blame him though. Also this sad scene..

http://thepensieve.net/moigallery/albums/ap/eu-comics/dvtlc/lc011.jpg

Aww, poor Vader. :(

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• 10 months later...
As a side note, Vader went absolutely bat **** from having those visions lol.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PmKD1pOEzcE/UC6b51tPJhI/AAAAAAAAAtg/ZL70L082IvY/s1600/LC5Preview2.jpg

http://www.4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/swdvlc5.jpg

I don't blame him though. Also this sad scene..

http://thepensieve.net/moigallery/albums/ap/eu-comics/dvtlc/lc011.jpg

Aww, poor Vader. :(

What comic is this from? I need to get my hands on it...

For one, he doesn't want to be different. He's resigned himself completely to his fate and given in to the darkside, he says as much to his son. And secondly if
is Padme's reaction to Anakin falling to the darkside, what do you think her reaction will be when she sees what Vader will become? Complete horror. And what's Vader going to do with her exactly?

thank you.. didn't understand why it took 4pgs for someone to hit on this obvious point.

Also if Vader wanted to learn dark transfer and possess a clone he would have. Why he didn't probably was a result of self-loathing, because any sith that even remotely touched on his power and rank, made immortality/DT top priority.

Plus wasn't the technique lost with the time? Plagueis didn't seem to have a need for it when he killed his master and so on and so forth.

Dooku had Andeddu's holocron in his possession, I think but am not sure.

Edited by Sadishist