[Empire] Death and Taxes recruiting healers for NiM raiding & future progression

Death and Taxes has been around since the launch of vanilla World of Warcraft in 2005 and enjoyed years of success. Having achieved several World and US Firsts, we know what it takes to be on the forefront of raiding content.

We are currently in the process of recruiting healers to shore up our raiding roster. We do not recruit for the "bench", but instead are looking for only players who will be an integral part of our guild now and moving forward. Ideally looking for a capable Sorc and Merc/Operative with experience in the current tier of raiding.

Current Progression

NiM TFB: Cleared + From Beyond

NiM S&V: Cleared

Raiding Atmosphere

Our progression raid is run as an 8-Man and raids begin at 8:30 EST, with invites going out several minutes before. Having previously cleared all content through EC as a 16-man, we maintain a raiding roster of 10-12 bodies. Our raiding schedule maintains constant but varies during progression. Below is what you can expect:

Tuesday - 8:30 PM to Midnight (typically 1.5 hours for farm content)

Wednesday - 8:30 PM to Midnight (Progression)

Thursday - 8:30 PM to Midnight (Progression)

Sunday - 8:30 PM to Midnight (Progression)

Monday - 8:30 PM to Midnight (Progression)

Note: All times are Eastern Time (UTC -5:00). Also note that we rarely raid 5 days a week during progression on any difficulty mode, this includes clearing all new content on PTS pre-nerf.

Our raid atmosphere, even when racing for firsts, is very laid back. We enjoy horsing around on Mumble, hanging out before and after raids, and socializing while playing the game. We understand that farming pixels is fun and rewarding, but the relationships you build are what keep us coming back. That being said, we also know when to crank it up and put our game faces on when a boss kill is imminent or a first needs to be achieved.

Loot System

Our loot system echoes our raiding atmosphere in its ease. All loot is rolled on when dropped, with Officer input (Recruit vs. Members, raid attendance, upgrade, importance to raid are all factors that are considered). The fact remains, with tokens not being class specific, everyone is going to be geared out quickly.

Application Process

Applications can take up to a week to process, but you will get an acknowledgement of your application within 48 hours of submission. If your application is accepted, a Mumble interview will be scheduled soon thereafter. As an applicant, you will not ever sit from a raid. Trial status typically lasts 2 to 3 weeks.

What We Expect from You

Members of DnT take end-game raiding very seriously. Our number one source of motivation isn't the pixels, but instead of achievement and pride of knowing we cleared all content, while doing it with a great group of people.

All members are expected to have Ventrilo and Mumble installed, and the use of a head-set is required. We will not tolerate bickering, moaning or whining on voice-chat or otherwise and expect all members to conduct themselves as adults.

If you feel the above information sounds like something you are interested in apply at http://www.dtguilds.com

Interviews are extremely standard. We always like to invite prospective guild invites into our mumble to chat a bit. It's super-informal though. Generally we just ask what someone is interested in doing with the guild (progression? casual raiding? ERP?). If it's a DPS, we almost always ask what they parse, just so we have an idea when we build group compositions. We always try to get an idea of what a prospective member's experience level is (e.g. cleared all the NiM modez vs level 50 SM progression squad). And we really like to feel out how someone is socially and what it would be like be with them in the same mumble for hours at a time while raiding.

These are important things, and it makes total sense to try to ferret them out before you bring someone in. It also gives the prospective member an opportunity to figure out what the guild is all about and whether or not they would be a good fit. I can't think of a single time that we didn't invite someone after interviewing them, but we always do it with the caveat that raid spots are not assured and progression raiding requires work and commitment and time spent with the guild.

If I was recruiting specifically for an open progression slot, I would definitely interview the heck out of anyone who applied, and also probably have them join an alt HM clear or something similar to see how they do.

Thanks to everyone who has applied so far! We feel we may have filled one of the two open spots but are still looking for a capable Sorc or Operative healer.

I have both a 55 sorc and 55 operative. I've cleared the content pub side, but just pug imp side. I'll be happy to join up with you guys sometime.

Lavado (sorc

Avaya (Op)

Just message me in game and i'll do what is needed.

YEAH BUDDY