grd vs sniper

szachMat

yes, but sentinels have force camuflage and they have few sec to get them. Guardians dont have any "toys" for that Sentinels are knights like we are so force camuflage should be skill for knights, not just for them :cool::cool:

yes, but sentinels have force camuflage and they have few sec to get them. Guardians dont have any "toys" for that Sentinels are knights like we are so force camuflage should be skill for knights, not just for them :cool::cool:

What about reflect?

And force camoflage should be a sage/sorc skill and not a sent/maro skill

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Saber Reflect is AMAZING vs Snipers, works on almost every big hitter they have, especially Marksman (but still does fine against Series of Shots which is a big attack in both of the other 2 specs).

Other than that, if you're Vigilance dot them up and use LOS if you can to make them come to you and let you get a charge off, Focus has Zealous Leap, and tanks have all sorts of tools.

Want Sentinel toys, roll a Sentinel.

I have a Guardian and a Marauder (among other classes. Current personal favorite is Gunnery Commando, gearing atm), and yes, Guardian feels a lot weaker and more exposed, especially without group support. And I do agree that Guardian needs more tools for personal combat/survival. Saber Reflect is definitely a step in the right direction, but I think Guards need more.

Like more advanced interrupt that can be used preemptively to disable all offensive skills, save for basic attack, for 2-3 secs. Taunt that is useful to *US* personally, like making the enemy player vulnerable to OUR damage (and noone elses). Baseline Hilt Strike, or baseline unchanneled Stasis.

Something like that just from the top of my head.

Edited by Helig

Snipers/Gunslingers are not invincible, and their designed to be a melee tank stopper. By giving Guards/Juggs the ability to completely counter the class would make the class useless. The efficiency of a Slinger/Sniper depends greatly on the performance of their team. If their team can keep melee classes off of them, a Slinger/Sniper can pound on all classes; but if a Guard/Jugg gets in close it is hard for a Slinger/Sniper to effectively counter. In a 1v1 situation I can personally say that Guards/Juggs can prove difficult if they are good; most of the time they are at disadvantage though as they should be. Every class should have its counter. As a Slinger stealth classes can be a real nuisance as well as Sentinels or guardians that get close and throw big damage on me. Every class needs its counter, and by asking for improvements to your class that will make cause it to have no counter goes against the construction of the game.

On top of popping Saber Reflect, this is where you also try to use your environment to your advantage. LOS (Line of Sight) them, run out of their range for a few seconds so that they have to reposition, (and as soon as you see them get up and run towards you, you get in range again and Force Leap at them), etc. etc.

Once you're in melee range, depending on your skill, spec, and gear, you may or may not be able to overpower them. Sometimes you just need to be patient and let other classes make the first move.

sssccchhh!!! dont give Bioware any ideas....im leveling a sniper atm and looking forward to 2.0.

I'm looking forward to the patch where snipers abandon ship because their class got a long overdue clubbing from the nerf bat.