I want to craft, Armor Mods, what crafting skill should I choose?

Majestic_Jazz

I decided to go with Armortech because I thought that I could craft Armor mods with this but as it turns out, it only crafts armor, not armor mods.

So if I want to craft ARMOR mods, which crafting skill should I have chosen?

This leads me to my next question......can I "delete" or remove my Armortech crafting skill and choose another one that allows me to produce armor mods? Or is this like the Advanced Class and I am permanently stuck with Armortech?

Thanks

I was under the impression synthweaving was the craft that allows you to make armor, you can check the description of each"of these crew skills in the codex.

Nevertheless you can easily remove a learnt crew skill, by opening the crew skill panel (default button:N) and on top of a page it should display the crew skills you picked up and your current skill in them. At the end of the bar there should be a little "X" which allows you to remove whichever you don't like and then you can go to a trainer and pick up another 1.

Hey there! The crafting can be confusing sometimes so here is what I know and hope it helps.

If you want to craft armor mods, you want to chose Cybertech as your crafting profession. It is best paired with Scavenging (gathering) for basic materials and underworld trading (mission) for blue and purple ones.

In terms of 'deleting' your current craft skill, in your crew window (N) there should be a place to essentially get rid of it (I don't know for sure I've never tried it myself.) Perhaps it's a big red X once you have it highlighted in the crew window itself. If not, try talking to the skill trainer.

After that is should just be a matter of talking to another skill trainer (in this case Cybertech) and 'buying' the skill instead.

Hope this helps ^^

Thanks for the help!

Because of the lack of armor color matching, I have decided that I should just find a pair of "orange" gear that I REALLY like and matches everything color wise and just keep that as long as possible. I plan on just using mods to keep this gear "up to date" and the best way to do that is to craft my own mods instead of buying them or finding them in loot drops.

So... I play Jedi Guardian and regarding my armor I want to go the so-called "modding route", gain moddable armor and just change mods every couple of levels. Should I go with Cybertech to craft the mods I will need different Crew Skill?