please stop catering all ingame rewards to only the top operations guilds

Vis-Tecum

since launch I have been a dedicated player and have completed all the content available to me with nothing to show except a legacy bar that was filled months ago.

my biggest gripe is that nothing is rewarded to players for time spent in game and the accomplishments outside of the highest operation boss, and I'm only talking about cosmetic rewards.[titles mounts and pets]

the fortunate top end operations guilds are already rewarded with exclusive content, best in slot gear, high-end crafting material and easier access to schematics making it easier to attain massive amounts of credits along with exclusive mounts titles and pets. don't you think that is a little much to be rewarding the less than 1% of your player base especially since those of us unfortunate enough to not be included in one of these guilds didn't even get a title for legacy 50.

the reputation system is good but still you feel the need to reward the handful of people who will win the drop for the dwedtoof pet [out of the 1 or 2 guilds able to get 24+ man groups together of high end raiders plus back healers] instead of making it the legendary reward for reputation. [what is the reward for legendary? oh that's right there isnt one... /rollseyes] so what you're saying to players is that someone who is in a top operations guild is more important than someone who is in game running dailies and being part of the games community. it's not like high end raiders couldn't grind rep like the rest of us peasants, [though I understand bioware and the "raiders" feel that it is beneath them because they're so leet]but most of us cant farm 24+ man high end bosses. again you pile rewards on the few and do nothing for the masses playing and supporting your game. exclusive content, gear, and mats, should be enough for any "raider" to go after the content. [also allot of high end raiders don't even care about stuff like pets] it is a slap in the face to cater all the in game rewards to such a small percent of the player base when there is no rewards or incentive to complete content for people unable to kill these bosses. except having to grind the credits to be able to afford the prices set by the high end ops guilds who are rewarded with easy mats and schematics to unfairly gouge us peasants. and with that these pet drops are BOP so us peasants cant even grind endlessly to get the credits to buy from already bloated credit banks of these ops guilds because everything is catered to them.

in the end you want me to waste my effort and time to grind rep for a inferior skinned pet that isn't even the top level of rep for rewards [to diminish its exclusivity but making the highend ops pet drops really rare so again us peasents dont get the chance to even have something slightly rare] and deny me the chance to even acquire pets that aren't cartel pack trash so you can pile even more rewards on top of ops guilds that do not contribute to or include the majority of the games player base.

so I ask please make the few pets in game that are NOT from cartel packs NOT exclusive to top level operations. it would be nice to have something to do other than sitting on fleet even if it's more grinding dailies because that is literally all you can come up with for content.

this also wouldn't even be a concern to me if the rewards were balanced like they used to be, pvpers small guilds and small ops teams should be rewarded with the same level of rewards that the top ops guilds are rewarded with for their time spent in game and accomplishments. [not the same reward but the same quality of the reward] the top ops guilds are getting titles mounts and pets along with exclusive content, gear, and availability for mats and schematics, we got nothing for legacy 50 and now are getting nothing for high end rep or maxed pve or pvp comms. so why play then...

So?? What is the suggestion?? You want Dread gear to drop out of EV story mode?? Not going to happen..

Or is that not what you are asking for??

if you took the time to read the post you would know I was talking about the cosmetic rewards and my suggestion was to have the rewards for the rep grind max level equal to the pet and mount drops from the highest end ops bosses. both take time and effort to accomplish along with grinding pvp and all 3 should be rewarded equally.

as I said, exclusive content gear and easily accurided scematics and crafting material is reward enough for people completing the hardest content, not making pets mounts and titles avaiable to the other aspects of the game is catering to a single group and playtype, and like I said it is even more noticeable when they dont reward the other playstyles AT ALL

I fully understand and agree with gear drops going to operations and pvp gear needing ranked comms that is fine but do only the top end ops guilds need exclusive access to the only pets and mounts not from cartel packs on top of the gear and other rewards.

isnt it a little much to be rewarding a very very very small precent of the playerbase just because they have the reasources to put 24+ people together and use the "creative use of mechanics" excuse? is that the type of game play that is to be rewarded over players time spent and involvement within the game as a whole?

we get it, you are good, you have alot of good people. you already get all the best gear, crafting materials schematics and tons of credits to buy what ever you want in game along with getting to experiance 2 maybe 3 fights the rest of us may never see... can us peasents please have some rare cosmetic pets and mounts that are NOT accuired through ops to show we put in the time and effort in game too. dont worry you will still be better then us and can sleep well knowing how leet you are at a video game with minimal playerbase unlike wow raiders where a server 1st means something. but it would be nice to get a pet that wasnt cartel pack trash or attained by logging in

Edited by Vis-Tecum

if you took the time to read the post you would know I was talking about the cosmetic rewards and my suggestion was to have the rep grind max level equal to the pet and mount drops from the highest end ops bosses. both take time and effort to accomplish along with grinding pvp and all 3 should be rewarded equally

as I said exclusive content gear and easily accurided scematics and crafting material is reward enough for people completing the hardest content, not making pets mounts and titles avaiable to the other aspects of the game is catering to a single group and playtype, and like I said it is even more noticeable when they dont reward the other playstyles at all

lol. Comparing the effort it takes to get the rep to completing top end operations is comparing apples to oranges. No, they should not provide equal rewards. You want those rewards, go run the ops. You should NOT be able to get them from solo content, which is what the rep grind is... solo content.

And no, I do not have the operations mounts or titles, because I don't run them, and I don't care if someone has a mount I don't have. It does not affect my enjoyment of the game.

Edited by jgoldsack

And no, I do not have the operations mounts or titles, because I don't run them, and I don't care if someone has a mount I don't have. It does not affect my enjoyment of the game.

ignoring your first comment

it doesnt affect my enjoyment but it is unfair the devs cater to one aspect, and do not provide valuable rewards for time spent in game. I feel that my efforts in game are unappreciated by bioware and the dev team and also see no point in continuing to play since there is no reward for my time or efforts

again equall does not mean the same exact reward, just something fun for people to work twords who are not intrested in competivie raiding. the entire game isnt nightmare operations. and I guarantee I have more hours in game then any high end ops tams on my server. but bioware does not care about players like me, only the top ops teams

so many rewards have been included for the few best operations teams and we didnt even get a title for reaching legacy 50, something that took way more time to do then it took the top ops teams to beat NIM EC

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Join a raiding guild then, problem solved

/thread

um... how does that change the fact that only one playstyle is being rewarded like this while the others are not.

and my guild does just fine in ops but has a hard enough time doing 16 mans let alone 24+ man top tier bosses with back healers but that is fine, I have no problem that we will probably never see the dread entity fight and had to craft gear just to get drops on the same level as what we got crafted.

my problem is with the baby drouk not being the highest level of rep but the dwedtoof being better skinned and a rare drop [unless its 10 stacks witch is rare enough by difficulty] these rewards are not even, and again the rare pet goes to the highest boss drop along with the access to exclusive content with nothing fun and cosmetic for people to work for out side of events and operations. its either be the best ops guild or buy cartel packs, nothing for time spent and effort in game.

and Im not saying that these ops bosses should not drop rare pets, thats fine. but they should not be the ONLY way to accuire a rare pet or equal cosmetic reward. but I know it hurts all you "raiders" in the pants to hear some one suggest that. its ok you're still better then everyone [except maybe pvpers :)]

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Your logic here fails, people who do end game ops have all invested a lot of time too, they will automatically get anything they add that you want and still have more cosmetic crap than you. Back to where you started.

thats fine I would still be rewarded with something for my time in game other than a rediculously high /played time :D

most raiders I know dont touch dailies with a ten foot poll and cry that they have to get the minimal datacrons to max their dps. so I dont think they would put in much effort for a rare cosmetic item but you are correct if they have the time and willingness to get the acheivement they can. and if they want to also grind out pvp comms and get the rare items that should be there for pvpers too they can do that too. but if they only want to do is ops, solo and pvpers shouldnt get all the rewards and the ops guilds be told "well you should pvp and run dailies more" all paytypes should be rewarded equally. again the game is not just nightmare operations, there are other ways to enjoy the game and that effort should be rewarded.

and plus its not "they have and I want" like everyone wants to believe over reading what I post. its that I want to feel rewarded for doing something other than operations too.

dont understand why its so hard for people to understand that raiding isnt everything, especially in swtor.. lol

for like the fifth time im not saying take away the drops from the ops, im saying add rare cosmetic rewards for other styles of gameplay too. didnt know that was so offensive to all you leet awesome raiders, I would of thought you had more selfesteem since youre such gods in game :rolleyes:

Edited by Vis-Tecum

I think I see what you are saying OP. You want some reward for all the time you spend. The problem with your request is that you want the same rewards as the raiders of this game.

Raiders get gear to enhance their character abilities so that they may raid more effectively. When they have maxed out all their gear slots, there is only the next mission, the more difficult content that has been practiced for over many wipes.

There is a word for your kind OP, It's called "lollygagger". It does not mean you lack the potential to raid, nor the time, it just means you do not participate in the harder things, and fall behind in status, riches, and glory. When I pay my $15.00 a month, Bioware says: "Here's the game, do what you will with it". I feel at that point all content is open to me.

Ask for things to be added, but not at the expense of raiders.

If you don't like it, then go do pet battles in WoW.

I think I see what you are saying OP. You want some reward for all the time you spend. The problem with your request is that you want the same rewards as the raiders of this game.

Raiders get gear to enhance their character abilities so that they may raid more effectively. When they have maxed out all their gear slots, there is only the next mission, the more difficult content that has been practiced for over many wipes.

There is a word for your kind OP, It's called "lollygagger". It does not mean you lack the potential to raid, nor the time, it just means you do not participate in the harder things, and fall behind in status, riches, and glory. When I pay my $15.00 a month, Bioware says: "Here's the game, do what you will with it". I feel at that point all content is open to me.

um I clearly say multiple times I just want equal rewards for the time i spend in game completing content that is just not the hardest 24+ boss or newest nightmare op

just would like to beable to show off that I have spent the time in game and do more then just operations. like how we used to have pet quests and exclusive rewards for dalies and pvp too not just ops drops. but they keep adding in more ops drops and forgot to add in any new rewards for the rest of us. there is no equvilent for other playstyles for items like the deep wriggler and dwedtoof pets or the tank mount. I am not asking for those item specifically but a pet reward or mount for rewarded for some form of time and effort spent in game other than ops. the closest is the baby drouk and like I stated before they made the rank requirement so low that basically it is just a 250k credit cost not a reward for the time and effort spent in game. if it was only rewarded to legendary rank and did not have a credit cost I would say it was closer to being a equal reward. and thats just the easy way to do it, personally I would tie it to acheivements not dailies for both pve and pvp. then the raiders have theirs and the pvpers have theirs and the guilds that are not top ops guilds have something to work twords too and the truly dedicated will have all 3. right now it feels like there is nothing to work twords and the best rewards are exclusive to one game type

hopefully with the new legacy/reputation system they reward more then just the top ops guilds but they have shown a pattern of catering to ops guilds so I doubt that they will give anyone other than ops guilds anything rewarding for their time and effort in game.

Edited by Vis-Tecum

just would like to beable to show off that I have spent the time in game and do more then just operations. like how we used to have pet quests and exclusive rewards for dalies and pvp too not just ops drops. but they keep adding in more ops drops and forgot to add in any new rewards for the rest of us.

This. I've hit 50 with two chars in game so far and I go into boredom mode almost immediately since there's nothing to do for people who don't do OPs/FPs/WZs. There's nothing to do, unless we're talking about daily grind. That really has to change.

Simple answer: No. Let them have it. Once the content is nerfed or made easy (like it was in wow) go back and get it.

There's nothing to do for people who can't do FPS/OPS/Warzones

Why can't they do them? There's a group finder when you to use, queue up and do one. I agree that if you play at odd times you can't get queues. That needs to be fixed with cross server queueing allowing more people to queue up with others who play at odd hours. Still, I don't see how they can't do these?

Edited by spectreclees

I dont see the issue. I havent done an Op since i started this game (granted, not as long as you). Or anything other than the one FP so far, and that was only because me and the people doing the FP were RP'ing it. At the end of the day, what you are asking for is earnt by people who took the time to do Ops and other such pursuits. And rightfully so. If everyone else were to be rewarded such items outside of said Ops, the rewards would become meaningless.

Can you honestly say that not recieving such rewards ruins your game experience? Or affects it in any negative way other than your feeling of 'i want what they have got'?

If yes to those questions, i would say you are playing the game for the wrong reasons. There's more to the game than pets and speeders.

Simple answer: No. Let them have it. Once the content is nerfed or made easy (like it was in wow) go back and get it.

what do you mean no let them have it, if anyone actually read my post you would understand that yes let them have it, but can the rest of us get something too. thats why the thread reads please stop catering ALL in game rewards ONLY to the top ops guilds. again never say they should'nt have rewards, but do they need all the rewards when the rest of us dont even get a title for legacy 50. but raiders are the ONLY ones getting exclusive vanity pets and cosmetic mounts which we all know is the most important thing in the world to hard core raiders :rolleyes:

all im saying is if time and reasorces are spent implementing rewards for the high level ops, why not equall rewards for the high level pvp ranking teams or the maxed rep/legacy players. again the ops content is catered too and the rest of the players have recieved nothing since launch. that is bioware saying that doing ops and the top ops guilds are more important than the rest of the players, kind of a slap in the face since the top ops guilds are most likely less then 1% of the playerbase. [not talking about all ops guilds they deffinately do not reward anyone not farming NIM EC or higher content and that is a small precent of the player base]

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Can you honestly say that not recieving such rewards ruins your game experience? Or affects it in any negative way other than your feeling of 'i want what they have got'?.

my answer is deffinatly yes. there is nothing to work twords and no sense of accomplishment, that effects me wanting to log in and kinda makes me feel that as a player bioware does not think that i am important enough to the game to provide rewards for.

again the "I want what they have" accusation only exist in the fact that they get rewarded and I would like to be rewarded too. they can have their special mounts for ops but why dont pvpers get a special mount or the people who are in game everyday in groups and running dailies like they had at launch then abandoned to cater to the ops guilds but not everyone can have 24+ top raiders to kill a boss. its unfair only one aspect of the game is rewarded AT ALL

not only are they the only ones being rewarded, they get every type of reward too, gear, crafting material, schematics, content, pets, mounts, titles, literally every reward bioware could throw at them. all I want is to work for some exclusive cosmetic items but im the greedy one. it wouldnt suprise me if on the next fight after the entity if you kill it the whole bioware austin staff come to your house to cook you dinner and rub your feet. the rest of us get cartel packs...

Edited by Vis-Tecum

in all honesty though I dont think bioware austin is doing it on purpose, i think that Jesse Sky understands how to reward players and why people play mmos where the rest of the people in charge of the other content are morons and have added nothing note worthy to the game.

Jesse and the operations dev team on the other hand have done a awesome job on the content and rewards. would be nice if the other designers put in a little effort too.

I think what the op is saying is that there should be similar but different rewards ie pets and speeders for achievements in other areas of the game. I agree in this but I believe most areas have these achievements already. Pvp speeders and pets. Crafting gives credits and playing the economy in this game alone allows the accumulation of many things. I do high en raiding and have 50 legacy (have had it for quite some time). I choose what parts of the game i like to play and do it for the enjoyment. I am not a pvper and choose not to partake in it. I don't begrudge that crowd the armor or mounts or pets they have. They earned it and it is there for anyone who wants to do it. Same with high end raiding. All it take is the will to find similar people and then organize and make it happen. There is no part of this game i don't have access to if i didn't want. I don't begrudge anyone anything they have that don't. I definitely dot want everything handed out to everyone. How do you think us raiders feel about having to grind top tier gear all over again and the lower content being adjusted to drop dreadguard gear. I know in the end it doesn't matter because i do the content for the content and i know as i progress the gear drops will come.