Blue + Epic Scatterguns?

Jeido

Have any armstech ever seen a blue or epic scattertech schematic become learned through disassembling greens? I must have disassembled *at least* 60-65 Recon Scatterblaster (lvl 17) and have learned 0 blue schematics. At first I was thinking bad luck, but this is crazy.

So, has anyone ever seen a crafted epic scatterblaster(shotgun)?

EDIT/UPDATE: It appears that Vibroknive's are having the same issue.

I've been having the same issue with Vibroknives.

It's interesting, because both are the weapons that refer to them only being used with special skills. Perhaps they can't be upgraded then?

Seems odd that they were left out, but I've also gone through a pile of Desh without ever seeing a blue knife.

EDIT/Update #2: Others are reporting going through multiple stacks of mats to make scatterguns/vibroknives, and not getting any blue schematics learned. Nobody has reported a blue learned, so at the moment it seems to not be in the game. We're all hoping it's a bug...

Edited by Jeido

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 is a bit high, I haven't tried to RE those, but some of my other recipes seemed like they took forever to get a blue. Purple was unheard of for awhile but it's happened twice today alone. It's just really annoying how much it costs to get there.

35 is a bit high, I haven't tried to RE those, but some of my other recipes seemed like they took forever to get a blue. Purple was unheard of for awhile but it's happened twice today alone. It's just really annoying how much it costs to get there.

Actually, in my experience Synthweaving, purples come quicker than blues. It seems as if they knew Premium items were cheaper and quicker to produce, so the chance to receive a Prototype schem from them is lower than the chance to obtain an Artifact schem from Prototypes.

There are also far more Artifact shems than Prototype schems. For each base item, there seem to be 3 prototype schems. For each of those prototype schems, there are at least 5 artifact schems. This means each Premium item has 3 Prototype schems and 15+ Artifact schems based upon it.

For more info, see my guide on Reverse Engineering here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=444823

I give up on trying to RE scatterguns until this is confirmed to be working - I've RE'd 40+ Recon Scatterblaster's, and 20 Combat Shotguns at this point; all without learning 1 blue. Pistols only take me 15 tries max so far...

On a related note, it's perhaps worth pointing out that at the moment, schematics learned through RE are immediately and automatically learned, which is, I believe different from some earlier builds where the RE action would drop a schematic in your bag, which you then learned. I fell afoul of this with Artificing, and was cussing that I wasn't getting any schematic drops, just crystals from REing a stack of things, then I looked in the crafting windo again and there it was, my first blue recipe.

On a related note, it's perhaps worth pointing out that at the moment, schematics learned through RE are immediately and automatically learned, which is, I believe different from some earlier builds where the RE action would drop a schematic in your bag, which you then learned. I fell afoul of this with Artificing, and was cussing that I wasn't getting any schematic drops, just crystals from REing a stack of things, then I looked in the crafting windo again and there it was, my first blue recipe.

Thanks for the tip -- that's not the issue though. it's just not getting learned ><

Edited by Jeido

I went back and made some Combat Enforcer shotguns, and was able to get the Redoubt Combat Enforcer recipe from them. However I had tried before, with lower level shotguns and wasn't able to find any blue recipes, even after dozens of crafts.

EDIT: Screenshot http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7451/screenshot2011121814385.jpg

Edited by Toraxa

I went back and made some Combat Enforcer shotguns, and was able to get the Redoubt Combat Enforcer recipe from them. However I had tried before, with lower level shotguns and wasn't able to find any blue recipes, even after dozens of crafts.

EDIT: Screenshot http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7451/screenshot2011121814385.jpg

EDIT: Never mind -- this isn't what I was looking for. A combat enforcer is not a Scattergun, it's a Blaster Rifle. So the question still remains -- has anyone learned a blue schematic for Scattergun's via RE?

Edited by Jeido

It would be nice to see a response from a Dev. This is an issue. I've talked with other Armstechs and we still haven't seen one RE to a Blue Schematic. I just went through 240 Deshs trying to make the simplest Scattergun. My current Armstech skill is 251. I sent all my current companions out making Combat Shotguns.

Not a single RE to a blue. This is obviously broke. Which is a shame. I am a Scoundrel/Scrapper and would really like to use my OWN Scattergun. I see Armortechs showing off their new purple gear. I see Cybertechs showing off their purple wears. I see Bio Chemists showing my their new flasks.

ME? I get to show them the new purple barrel that I get to attach to my newly QUESTED FOR blaster. Please help us. Something is obviously wrong here.

I really hope this gets to someone that cares. Enjoying the game, just wished my profession worked. Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind -- this isn't what I was looking for. A combat enforcer is not a Scattergun, it's a Blaster Rifle. So the question still remains -- has anyone learned a blue schematic for Scattergun's via RE?

Weird, you're right, it is. I must have been reading something else as a scattergun when I decided to try it. I'll give it some more tries on the lower scatterguns I have. Have hundreds of mats left so one should come up, if it's possible.

Sorry for the mistake there.

Weird, you're right, it is. I must have been reading something else as a scattergun when I decided to try it. I'll give it some more tries on the lower scatterguns I have. Have hundreds of mats left so one should come up, if it's possible.

Sorry for the mistake there.

It would be nice to see a response from a Dev. This is an issue. I've talked with other Armstechs and we still haven't seen one RE to a Blue Schematic. I just went through 240 Deshs trying to make the simplest Scattergun. My current Armstech skill is 251. I sent all my current companions out making Combat Shotguns.

Not a single RE to a blue. This is obviously broke. Which is a shame. I am a Scoundrel/Scrapper and would really like to use my OWN Scattergun. I see Armortechs showing off their new purple gear. I see Cybertechs showing off their purple wears. I see Bio Chemists showing my their new flasks.

ME? I get to show them the new purple barrel that I get to attach to my newly QUESTED FOR blaster. Please help us. Something is obviously wrong here.

I really hope this gets to someone that cares. Enjoying the game, just wished my profession worked. Thanks.

True for 100%

At first, sorry for my bad English!

Yeah, this prophesy going me crazy, coz i tired to try get BLUE items after RE.

I spend by RE 40-50+ GREEN Vibroknives and do not receive no one new BLUE recipe of Vibroknive!!!

I had 250+ skill and try same on other level items (Vibroknives or Rifles)

So, i don't have any new BLUE Vibroknives and Rifles recipes!

It's worked with Barrels but not so properly. For example i trying to get two new BLUE Barrels (level 7-12) recipes and usually i receive BLUE after 4-5 RE, but some time i going crazy coz my attempts to get BLUE Barrel 7 (AIM) taking more than 20+ RE and in same time BLUE Barrel 7 (CUNNING) i get after 4-5 RE.

I think its not properly working prophesy!

Dear support please resolve this problem for justice!

A lot of time, money and resources lost for nothing... :( (crying, sad)

P.S.

More Up this threat! Please!

Edited by appleartem

It's interesting, because both are the weapons that refer to them only being used with special skills. Perhaps they can't be upgraded then?

Seems odd that they were left out, but I've also gone through a pile of Desh without ever seeing a blue knife.

That doesn't make sense though; why would they make every other schematic have advanced tiers, but not shotguns/vibros? Seems kind of cheap -- I'm still placing my bets on a bug, and lack of testing. There weren't many IA's/Smugglers in beta; and even less IA's/Smugglers that went armstech.

That doesn't make sense though; why would they make every other schematic have advanced tiers, but not shotguns/vibros? Seems kind of cheap -- I'm still placing my bets on a bug, and lack of testing. There weren't many IA's/Smugglers in beta; and even less IA's/Smugglers that went armstech.

"I'm still placing my bets on a bug!"

No comments!

Up!

I put in a bug report, and less than 2 hours later got a response. Unfortunately the response was generic, just saying that it would be forwarded to the correct department. Here's hoping for a quick resolution. (patch tonight, anyone?)

Its working as intended. They expect you RE alot of greens to get the blue schematics. There is some randomness to it so sometimes it may only take you 20 RE's to get the blue schematic but sometimes it may take you 50.

I appreciate your thoughts, but have you actually learned a blue schematic for a scattergun via RE? Because nobody posting here has, despite going through stacks of materials.

Edited by Jeido

Its working as intended. They expect you RE alot of greens to get the blue schematics. There is some randomness to it so sometimes it may only take you 20 RE's to get the blue schematic but sometimes it may take you 50.

Do u have this prophesy (Armstech)? If u don't know how its going, please don't flame in this threat in future! Its bagged!

"Its working as intended."

No more of this unless you have proof (i.e. a schematic in your armstech screen)

I have also crafted and RE'd roughly 50 vibroknives and haven't had any blue plans develop. I'm guessing that it's either a bug, or vibroknives and scatterguns aren't counted as REAL weapons. If that's the case, I'm re-rolling my Operative to a class that gets upgradeable gear.

I also have done 147 vibroknives of varying levels of skill and item level. Not one was RE'd into a prototype blue version. I did get some crits that opened up an Augment slot.

IF you go look at an Armstech Trainer to see what you learn up to level 50 you will see a ORANGE Custom item of every type of weapon BUT your offhand Vibroknives.

This leads me to believe we can't get a purple or better version of a Vibroknife. There a Blue Schems you can learn though.

Does anyone know if you can Reverse Engineer past a purple item of anything?

Can you Rerverse Engineer Orange items and get a superior version of those?

Do you feel like a Orange item with superior item mods are better than a purple item of the same level?

You know, this sort of brings up a problem I have with the RE mechanic in general. There should be some sort of clue when you can discover new schematics from items. As it stands, you are just breaking down items just to break them down. If the items would simply indicate that better items of a certain class were still undiscovered when you have that skill, it would be a huge help.

IF you go look at an Armstech Trainer to see what you learn up to level 50 you will see a ORANGE Custom item of every type of weapon BUT your offhand Vibroknives.

This leads me to believe we can't get a purple or better version of a Vibroknife. There a Blue Schems you can learn though.

But you see, that wouldn't make any sense. There are also no Scattergun's on the normal PVP weapon vendor, but there are a few on the lvl 50 pvp ranked armor (Champion, etc). Why would there be Scattergun's at 50, but not 1-49?

I seriously doubt that the lack of craftable blue/epic Scatterguns/Vibroknives, and the lack of the items on lower level merchants, is intentional. All through the year there have been polls of which classes would be played at launch, and the lowest percentages were smuggler/IA. It must have just been overlooked -- but of course some confirmation would go a long way...