Datacrons already obtained

vagamecock

There is a way.

In-game, press "L" to open up your Log. Then click on the "Codex" Tab, and then click on "Achievements: Datacron".

Then, cross-reference all the "Galactic History" codex entries you have, with a list here

Every Datacron offers a codex entry, except the 2 on Makeb. So it'll be easier for you to know which ones you have, and which ones you don't after a bit of cross-referencing.

Good luck.

The way I do it :

- Codex -> Planets -> select one -> details. It will say (example) 3/5 found. So now you know you are missing two on that planet.

- I go to swtor-spy and look at codex by planet. They have all datacrons there. By looking at the list and the codex list under codex -> datacrons I figure out which two are missing.

- Go get them :)

Besides that, since I have 12 toons, I keep an xls on a laptop where I keep track of special things like who has the +10 in fleet. But another way to keep track of it : when you go to Corellia get the crystal you need there. As long as it is in your inventory, you haven't done the +10, no? And if you do the +10 and don't use the crystal (possible on big runs) then throw the crystal away as an indicator that you got the +10. There is no other use for it.

Makeb : Note that Alderan now shows 2 more DCs, which I think are supposed to be the Makeb ones (since there is no planet Makeb on your codex list). Yet, when you get them the DC count for Alderan does not change (bug?) But the achievement on Makeb planet DOES update. Of course this indicates one toon got it, after that, no way to track for other toons.

Even easier than that. There is an achievemrnt for getting all the datacrons on a planet. Open your Achievements and go to Locations and select the planet. Find the datacron achievement and it will tell you which ones you have.

Even easier than that. There is an achievemrnt for getting all the datacrons on a planet. Open your Achievements and go to Locations and select the planet. Find the datacron achievement and it will tell you which ones you have.

Only works the first time though, since achievements are legacy wide. If you get them all on your main, the Achievements will still show that you've "gotten" them on your alt. So you'd still have to use the Codex.

Someone made a chart and posted the link in a thread somewhere on this forum which I am unable to find at the moment. The chart includes the planet, codex entry, datacron type and datacron location. There's a Republic and Empire listing available through the first 2 tabs at the bottom of the page. I find it extremely useful for cross-referencing the codex list with acquired datacrons.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnEMYW0t0M7pdDVJbWJidlNYWm8wNGlrZjRoN3ViQ0E#gid=0

There are 67 Datacrons at planets before Makeb, all obtainable, and then the +10 at fleet which doesn't add to the count.

Makeb added two more, which got counted into Alderan on the codex, so you will see that Alderan will now show 5/7 for you. The two Makeb DCs can be had, and they do count for the achievement under Makeb, but do not currently update the codex count (unknown if fixed in the patch two days ago). The achievement will only count them for one toon, so if you have multiple toons the count will not update. For now, you will stay at 67/69 even if you go get them.

I have used the various excel spreadsheets. I have achieved the title Datacronmaster. However on my main, he is 67/69 in codex. Does anyone know what the total number of crons to include the Makeb one are.