Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

CourtneyWoods

Just wanted to say I'm enjoying this new event and the items introduced with it.

I'm also surprised to be enjoying the reputation system, makes it more tolerable to do the dailies, wich is something I only still do for the credits, since there is no gear there (section x and black hole) I still need. I am however someone who likes to see their chars on "proper" clothing, so its a nice carrot in the end of the stick.

Hope to see more "simple" armor in the future.

Thanks

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or has any one else had a problem searching for things on the GTN? I was able to search for might hilt but not might hilt 4 for example. When I used the first term it had the search bright and highlighted but when using the second it dark or grey out. I tried with a couple of different items and found it all to be the same.

This really make it hard to find the right level of item that you are looking to buy and I hope that this is not some new feature that we will have to live with....

This also happened to me. I noticed a small error message: "All search keywords must be 3 characters or longer". The "4" in "might hilt 4" is considered a 1 character keyword and not allowed anymore. So yeah, it is apparently a "feature" where we cannot search for particular level items anymore. I have to say, not a fan... :(

I have no issue with the Free for all area, it is obvious that this is their solution to faction imbalance, it is maybe not perfect but without that system you very well know that the forums would be filled with whines about the other faction (likely imp) outnumbering yours by 4:1. It was one of the main issues with original Ilum and that's something that they had to fix with this new version of Ilum PvP.

Free for all is the lesser of two evils.

Now that doesn't mean that I am pleased with the event: it doesn't fix faction imbalance outside that area, all I see when I'm riding around for the other dailies is red everywhere because imps indeed outnumber us, so it was just a lazy fix. Secondly we finally get Legacy melee weapons, but why does it take Champion rank to buy them? It took only a couple of days with minimum effort to get the Legacy rifle during the past event, how fair is it that melee have to work that hard to get the ability to trade hilts withing their Legacy?

Also the Gree tokens are cluttering our inventory. Why isn't it considered as currency like all the other tokens?

Another bad update in the long history of bad updates in this game.

Edited by demotivator

Largely undecided as I went to Ilum, saw it was busy, heard some griefing stories from Guildees within the first few minutes and decided to leave it until things calm down. The gear looks nice though.

I did partake of the space reputation for a bit. this is really repetitive though, I had my one available heroic space mission available - did that. Due to the expensive in obtaining all the other new ship parts, only 1 toon has them, thus I'm faced with building reputation on the basis of multiple daily impossible sectors.

I did try one of the others without a mission available and no reputation gained. Also nothing for a levelling toon going through a red coloured space mission, probably slightly more challenging than my grade7 guy doing an already green impossible sector, yet no reputation gained.

If I can bear to stick at it that long, I'll probably space gear up the other toons eventually (certainly not with real money on the cartel market though).

I couldn't see what I would get from fleet reputation though, nipped along to the space vendors and there was nothing new there, anyone know?

For me this update was a utter waste of time and space on my hard drive.

As many people have stated, the PVP game is completely destroyed because of the smash-speccs or the bubble-speccs. Right now i am rolling "lowbie" chars as this is the only way to play PVP right now.

Also we didnt get any new PVE content.. oh.. dont say the Gree event is acutally PVE because its PVP all over the place. Sadly the last part with the pylons are so badly made, that people actually stopped PVPing because all relised that if we PVP around the pylon, no-one will be able to get any points... so to sum that quest up.. no pvp in a FFA PVP-zone!

Secondly this reputation thing, c'mon Bioware! you have the must amazing title and licens to do something amazing but so far you are not thinking outside the box!! You are rolling on thinking that reputation was introduced in some other game then we must have it. You implement it to get players to grind the least played areas of the game, that aint new content that just trying to force players to play poorly created zones and events. The rewards for this reputation is another joke, for exemple, Heroic space mission reputation requires you to get Hero status before you can buy any rewards! first of all i need grade 7 equipment, then run quests for 1.3k credits and 630 reputation points per quest and i need looooooads of them before i can buy a helmet for 200k credits. But of course.... grinding to hero status for 1.2k credits á quest would probably give me 200k credits so i can buy the helmet....

Sadly, this update really, for me, was a utter and complete let-down. No flashpoints, no raid, no new useful rewards( not counting new looks here, but something that would actually benefit me as a character in PVE or PVP). No fixes for the PVP-game.

Just hoping now that a fix for PVP will come quick and Makeb will be something to really blow my mind...

Ok this is the first time I complain about Bioware.... But you seriously missed the point of this game.

Cartel Market is good but this is a Star Wars MMO, not a fashion competition to see who has the most expensive and awesome gear. You really think that CC will keep this game running? It won't.

The reason behind us blaming you without sense is because you don't communicate, a pair of words weekly about the topics we want to know about would make you player base more friendly; and you know it wont take you more than a few minutes. (SGR, smashers and bubblers to name a few)

You did an awesome game and you do awesome content. Bioware always does quality stories, we don't know how hard is to work on this game, we don't know how hard is to keep up with out constant moaning. The only thing we know is what bothers us about PvP and PvE

Communicating will do more for keeping this alive than what CC will.

Keep up the good work beacause not everything you do is bad... You're still miles ahead of other games.

Cartel Market is good but this is a Star Wars MMO, not a fashion competition to see who has the most expensive and awesome gear. .

No word of a lie, I've spent less money on real clothes than I have on Cartel Market gear. Pretty bad when virtual items cost more than real ones :')

I absolutely love the new event! In my opinion it's good mixing PvE and PvP in an event like this, a little something for everyone. :)

The repsystem is great! I've always loved Voss, section x not so much, but whatever. The reputation rewards may be a bit lacking outside of the gree. For the future, how about adding Voss as a playable race for the ones that max out rep with them? Feels like a good carrot and it shouldn't be that hard to implement (and later add on CM for 4000 or something like that for the ones that don't want to work for it).

I absolutely love the new event! In my opinion it's good mixing PvE and PvP in an event like this, a little something for everyone. :)

The repsystem is great! I've always loved Voss, section x not so much, but whatever. The reputation rewards may be a bit lacking outside of the gree. For the future, how about adding Voss as a playable race for the ones that max out rep with them? Feels like a good carrot and it shouldn't be that hard to implement (and later add on CM for 4000 or something like that for the ones that don't want to work for it).

Personally there is nothing i like at all with this event, i don't pvp and haven't since season 2 of WOW arena and reputation is just more of world of failcraft i have been trying to get away from.

Just got into the Gray Secant and did all the missions inside- got to say, the initial impression I got from this event was a bit "meh", but as it was with the Theoretika, it is with the the Secant. Truly good work with that devs, even if there is a saddening lack of cinematics.

Reputation is a weekly thing. Does that mean it gets reset back to 0 or is it a plateau system, where once you have it you don't go back, just drop to the beginning of each plateau?

It's only weekly in how much you can earn total for a week, but once you get the RXP you have it for good. Once you get the max RXP for the week you can simply save the rewards that give you RXP until the limit resets.

I've actually already reach the limit for the Gree, just stock piling now until next Tuesday.

I'm confused.

I am currently at Ilum and I see the Gree vendors. I can't buy their stuff unless I become their friend.

I don't however see any mission givers other than a PvP terminal and a transporter that beams me into insta death?

Where are the mission givers/ how do we get PvE missions for this event?

I'm confused.

I am currently at Ilum and I see the Gree vendors. I can't buy their stuff unless I become their friend.

I don't however see any mission givers other than a PvP terminal and a transporter that beams me into insta death?

Where are the mission givers/ how do we get PvE missions for this event?

You need to look at that "PvP terminal" again...

So far this patch has yet to add anything I like. Reputation was one of my lest favorite things about wow. If you're going to take a page out of their book, pick a good one. Not only that, but my repair costs have increased more than 10 fold without my monetary intake increasing at a valid pace to keep up with the new costs. Not everybody wants to grind dailies, that is what got me to leave wow. Now it seems like this game is forcing me to do them as well.

This is ridiculous another patch where bubble stun and smash get ignored. No communication at all from the devs regarding when they plan to fix those issues.

This game is a betrayal to the KOTOR name and all devs should be ashamed of working in a game that disrespects the entire pvp community.

All we want is a quick fix, no major changes no new skills just make pvp tolerable to play again and yet you remain silent as to when those changes will be made OR if they will be made at all.

This patch is a complete lack of respect towards paying costumers

I may be new to the forums, but this comes off only as whining to me. I hate players like you. Opinions are like a-holes, and everyone's got one...sorry just my opinion

so with this update there was a change to the GTN... we can no longer us only 2 characters in a search.... example... Might Hilt ... if i search that i find all might hilts.... here is the kicker.. if i want a specific might hilt say ... 11.... i search might hilt 11 BUT the search button is now greyed out BECAUSE i use 2 characters in the search instead of 3... the 11 part kills the search.... so here is my question... WHEN THE F*** are you gonna get your heads out ya arses and stop making player conveniences that are NOT convenient ?

I've read a lot of the comments, some points I agree with some not. My view is I like it, took a while to get on the first rung of the progression ladder but once you do it's fine, yes areas are busy with a time limit they will be the first weeks of Black hole where the same, containers was a swearword; but it calmed down spawn rates where sped up etc. Unfortunately for most the two weeks will be harsh without forming groups together and _learning_ what mobs you actually need etc. I'm now on the ops part of the progression and it's a lot more fun than the first rung.

The only bugs for me are QT not working, the problems with getting cluster ganked etc are not really biowares' fault; people _choose_ how to behave.

So, I've played the gree area twice now, and here's my 2 cents.

-it is insanely laggy, there always seem to be 12 instances running

-finding groups in the same instance is impossible. When I did find a group, we couldn't transfer to the same instance because they seemed to be full by the time half of us switched

-the PVP area of the questline was crammed full of imps with 21k+ hp, so I didn't even bother trying to figure out what I was supposed to do for it...

-the gree gear requires such a huge reputation, that the reputation that I earned from doing the non pvp and non-group quests would take me at least a few days to get one piece, and about 5 weeks to get the legendary title... which is kinda pointless, as this event may only be running for a week.

as for the cartel market updates, I found it frustrating that they took a lot of the same gear they had from the last pack and used it again. My spymaster gear used to look like the Classic stuff they now sell. So, I paid for the old spymaster stuff, they changed it, and now I must pay again for the same gear... how do I know that it's not going to change again too?

i love pvp, and what you have made with the massive improved illium which to me looks more like you stuck a few pylons up and few bunch of npcs and quests and called that a revamp but its not a pvp event its either a PVE area now with no one actuaklly fighting since theres no reason to do so or its a gankers heaven forceing pve questers into pvp areas.

I was looking forward to this revamp of pvp area more than any updates bioware have promished and never been so disappointed by bioware than what they done with illium revamp.

on our server theres no real fighting, people quee up in turn to deleiver orbs, theres no reward for killing people, i hate pve now so i dont like pve quests kill mob A and take object B to destenation C. hate it and u have made the open world pvp area that now. who ever came up with the illium revamp obviously knows nothing of research, pvp and the community.

a few pylons on illium does not make it a revamped section of the game.

for the love of god please look at other MMO's appraoch to open world pvp, the best being Age of Conan sieges and take these best bits and make it releivant for star wars and i guarentee you many more will join and return to star wars.