Better World Bosses on each Planet?

bizcuits

In an effort to increase world PVP and give players a reason to revisit old worlds, has there been any consideration for better world bosses on each planet?

I realize there are world bosses on each planet already but many are lower level and don't drop very good loot. If all of the world bosses were made for a level 50 fight of 20-30 players, then made to drop amazing level 50 gear that rivaled the hardmode and pvp gear, I think it would be an amazing dynamic that would bring in a lot of guild rivalries, open world pvp and reasons for people to log on more, (is the Tatooine Droid Boss up yet? No. Well someone camp the spawn site...)

Edited by bizcuits

I think it's not a bad idea to boost all world bosses to lvl 50. I mean, most people are not going to get together at low levels to beat up one of those bosses. But it is perfectly fine for end game to do so. Would be good to add more stuff for lvl 50s to do... Hunt down those world bosses and even fight for them in PVP worlds.

Yep I would support this. Not only tougher but require more players. Why not have multiple world bosses on each planet?

Some could be considered mini-Ops (caves with short run of mobs to kill, puzzle to master then followed by boss) .. groups could team up to clear several bosses.

Large groups would be awesome as long as performance on SWTOR servers could handle it.

Could have quests or rewards or weeklys as well to encourage grouping for these further along with relevant gear or rare item drops. Could have rare sets to collect by downing multiple different bosses across planets.

Some could have unique challenges to master. Speed kills, immune to XX, need to kite to another location a distance away to kill, boss only spawns after killing another world boss or side quest, do with only xx players .. sure there is more possibilities.

Make them tough, make them clever :) Make it worthwhile...

Could have quests or rewards or weeklys as well to encourage grouping for these further along with relevant gear or rare item drops. Could have rare sets to collect by downing multiple different bosses across planets.

Some could have unique challenges to master. Speed kills, immune to XX, need to kite to another location a distance away to kill, boss only spawns after killing another world boss or side quest, do with only xx players .. sure there is more possibilities.

BINGO!

Custom sets from each boss would be ideal and changing up the fights would be really rad. Like putting one boss on a cliff, then giving them knock back attacks. Changing things up in a simple why, but adding a challenge that would really incorporate some world pvp.

I think it's not a bad idea to boost all world bosses to lvl 50. I mean, most people are not going to get together at low levels to beat up one of those bosses. But it is perfectly fine for end game to do so. Would be good to add more stuff for lvl 50s to do... Hunt down those world bosses and even fight for them in PVP worlds.

I think the better idea would be to add sections to existing planets that house the new world bosses. This would be a level 50 area where it is filled with level 50 enemies as well.

For example, a new world boss on Taris could be a Mandalorian warrior of some sort, which would be similar to the Fallen Stars heroic mission. You would take some kind of path that is out of the way and leads to his area. This could be a camp, some kind of open plain amongst the wreckage, or maybe even inside a downed ship that the Mandalorians are scavenging. Your group would fight through the enemies and eventually get to the world boss.

This situation would be similar to a heroic mission within itself. I think it'd be fun. On planets like Hoth, there would probably be fighting between Republic and Empire to kill the boss or to make sure that they get to fight it.

Edit: Seems like Aussiedroid had a similar idea. :D

Edited by flyersfan

Yeah thanks guys. Thing is I really like killing these bosses but as the poster highlighed this is another area that could do with review and some creative updates to really give another avenue for end game content (which seems to be the biggest issues facing the game currently)

Intersted to know any other ideas you guys may have too...

For example, a new world boss on Taris could be a Mandalorian warrior of some sort, which would be similar to the Fallen Stars heroic mission. You would take some kind of path that is out of the way and leads to his area. This could be a camp, some kind of open plain amongst the wreckage, or maybe even inside a downed ship that the Mandalorians are scavenging. Your group would fight through the enemies and eventually get to the world boss.

This ^

I can't imagine it would be too hard to come up with a handful of story lines for some world bosses, like a Mandalorian Commander coming to find out why the war heads weren't delivered....