Level 50...looking to make credits!

whodatdude

An easy way is to pick Slicing and Treasure hunting, and take lockbox missions, your skilling up will pay for itself, and the occasional crit can give a decent profit + you can slice when you are running around.

Another way is to check the GTM for mats that are in demand, and pick the skills to harvest them.

Also, as a cybertech, I make a steady, but not great, profit, selling blue and purple earpieces for level 20-40

Just a few ideas.

Thanks for the tips. I picked up slicing and treasure hunting just because the lockboxes are easy. It's like set it, and forget it. =P

I was also thinking about crafting to sell earpieces...what about the speeders you can make. Do those sell well in comparison to the cost to craft?

No, speeders don't sell because they're not particularly nice to look at need a ton of materials.

The issue with slicing is that you then have to miss out on a gathering skill that you will need to be a self-sufficient crafter. If you find a reasonable source of scavenging mats then using your slicing to make augments is another way to go. For that you'd need armormech, armstech or synth.

When I'm on ops or flashpoints and I never like my team sitting idle, I have them all out on companion gift missions. They're a relatively low margin but don't require any effort to gather.

I advice checking out this guide.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=238554

As stated, in this thread and at the link, slicing is the main money maker. Yes the amount of credits gained per mission was nerfed about a week into the game, but you get a little over the amount that you spent starting the mission, and when you get schems and mission discoveries those can sell for a pretty penny.

If you are level 50, why do you need to make credits? Almost all your gear will come from drops and NPC vendors now. If you want to spend money of the Legacy garbage that's your business, but why do you need credits?

If you are level 50, why do you need to make credits? Almost all your gear will come from drops and NPC vendors now. If you want to spend money of the Legacy garbage that's your business, but why do you need credits?

I want to buy one of the big Korrealis sppeders from the GTN and they are expensive

The issue with slicing is that you then have to miss out on a gathering skill that you will need to be a self-sufficient crafter.

This. Even with two cybertechs, because both had slicing, they had a lot of trouble getting anything crafted. My merc had scavenging, so she could craft all the green stuff, but couldn't get her hands on UT metals, because people charge a fortune for those. She can't get companin gifts, either.

My knight, on the other hand, skipped scavenging and got UT, which means that although he has plenty of UT metals, he can't craft anything at all, because people charge a fortune for scavenging materials as well. RE only goes so far before you have to start buying again.

This was before cross-faction email, so they both were pretty much stuck. And even though now I can send the necesary materials between the characters, it's still a lot of work, because companions do not gather materials via missions as fast as they can craft the stuff.

Easiest way for a fresh 50 to make big credits is farming sadly.

Go to Ilum (Use Almar's routes from one of the links above if you are unsure where to go).

Scavenging, Archeology and Bioanalysis.

Should be easily able to make 400k+ an hour with these 3 gathering professions. The better you can refine your routes. The more you will make