Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Dalborra is the opposite i can easy find a heroic 4 man on most planets just by asking in general. Corellia and some of the higher level planets alot of players opt out of but the population is great at lower levels. Sorry for the sarcasm i just think its funny your running 4 characters at endgame ops and thats a problem to you.

dal has around 3 times our pop. ofc its easier for you. If a merge happens it will be even easier for you and absolutely great for us.

You think its funny I want to do endgame content on 4 chars? Maybe you are not hardcore enough. Do you even lift?

dal has around 3 times our pop. ofc its easier for you. If a merge happens it will be even easier for you and absolutely great for us.

You think its funny I want to do endgame content on 4 chars? Maybe you are not hardcore enough. Do you even lift?

Just moving your mouse around makes you short of breath so I am pretty sure you don't lift.

I love that its been 3 hours and im STILL in the Battle for Ilum lfg tool.........I'm going to see over the next few days to see how the ilum thing is, if 1) it sucks or 2) there are 11 ppl there, then im going and not coming back even tho i love this game, i refuse to help support something that has treated its player base this poorly for this long....

I already said in this thread i don't really care for cutting edge progression. Been there done that and think the game is too buggy at that end for my liking.

Well Dalborra is the opposite i can easy find a heroic 4 man on most planets just by asking in general.

Surely you're joking... just leveled a sent on Dalborra and i probably did half the heroics despite my attempts at solo'ing. constant polite spamming in general and begging guildies to run me through

Surely you're joking... just leveled a sent on Dalborra and i probably did half the heroics despite my attempts at solo'ing. constant polite spamming in general and begging guildies to run me through

Bit better on imp side but i can still find groups on pub too. Mind you i only play tanks and healers. Sents are a dime a dozen.

Edited by Amlici

so anyone wanna start a revolution?

You say you want a revolution

Well, you know

We all want to change the world

You tell me that it's evolution

Well, you know

We all want to change the world

But when you talk about destruction

Don't you know that you can count me out

Don't you know it's gonna be all right

All right, all right .....♫ ♪ ♫

all right everyone in this thread submit a ingame ticket today and post proof in this thread i.e screenshot of cs page or w/e i will be putting mine up shortly, maybe if they get a influx of 200+ tickets someone somewhere might notice.

Dead line is 24 hrs from this post

Yup. And I only talk about endgame. The problem is everyone solos 1-50 and thinks thats ok. I dont think anyone does a Heroic 4 at higher level planets anymore. Thats not how the game is supposed to be played imho.

Also, Its not only about gearing your alts. I made alts so that I could raid with them. tanking on all 3 of my tanks is different and I would like to enjoy it rather than faceroll TFB on my assassin. I really want to DPS on my sniper, but nearly every group I can get into needs a tank and I end up tanking. A larger pop will allow me to raid without having to concentrate(DERP DEEPS!!!)

True, I am lucky enough to be in a guild that has cleared all content and raids regularly. However, the challange as it was after 1.2-1.3 is to keep people involved so that they dont end up getting bored and leaving as there are not enough people to replace them with. Between 1.2-1.3 and 1.4 we went from a 16M raiding group to nothing and were not prepared when TFB HM hit.

A Single server will get the pop going, which in turn will get some of he old players back as they will not need to sit idle. Same with PVP, no one likes a pop every half an hour.

@odonoghuet

I understand your reasoning completely. I feel for the RPers as well. Its only the fact that some of them come here on a high horse claiming their Community of 10-15 people is enough and they dont need anyone else. I dont mind them playing with the same 15 people and having everyone else on ignore. It suits their play style and hey, gr8 for them.

But claiming there is nothing wrong with the pop and we dont have enough people to do stuff we wanna do because we are not "Nice" people is incorrect. The thread is to address the issues of all the APAC servers. And the biggest thing affecting all of them is population.

Well put Sankalp, as someone from a smaller guild with a membership that sometimes changes. It is hard to do the hard modes and the nightmare modes when you have to spend an hour or two looking for some pugs when someone is away and we are raiding 4 nights a week, some of those nights are just gearing runs for alts or newer members. And if we are looking for one you can always join us as we have enjoyed running with you prevously.

Doing nothing or closing the APAC server is a damned if they do, damned if they don't issue for Elder Game players, since we lack the player base to properly do the content or the Ping to be compedative on the content. Really think any player could be carried through Ten stack Dreadtooth to get access to the bonus boss of NiM TFB with a 150+ ping? Let alone be compedative in PVP or general NiM mode ops?

Mergers or bust at this point.

I promise a 150 ping will only marginally impact your ability to do the content.

This is true 'cause when they develop operations that have a mechanic that can wipe the operation with a cast time of 2 seconds it is just enough time to cancel your current cast and use your interupt with a sub 50ms ping and with a ping of greater than 150ms forget about it.

Milisecond = 1/1000th of a second. So ping of 150 = 0.15 seconds. Not sure about your math there :p

This game for the most part functions like World of Warcraft, there for I don't see American ping times as being crippling to the game. Iheartnyc is right the effect will be for the most part marginal. My only concern with sending us to American servers is that they allow us the choice of where to send our characters esp since some of us have multiple characters across the Aus servers. The last thing I want is to have characters being forced to stay on pve server or an rp server etc.

This game for the most part functions like World of Warcraft, there for I don't see American ping times as being crippling to the game..

Yawn. This thread isn't about US servers guys if you wanna play there good but we don't care about what they are doing over there. Just merge our servers pls Bioware so we can play the game properly.

I promise a 150 ping will only marginally impact your ability to do the content.

It makes a major difference in PvP. Basically you cannot compete in any class that uses timing. Interrupts for example often would become useless. I have pvp'd in similar games in US servers and its just not fair. You even end up with many american pvper's roling on the pretend Oceanic server because of the massive advantage it gives them. I remember once playing a Rogue in wow and I couldnt use my main attack Backstab in PvP because I was always a few meters behind where it looked on my screen so I was actually out of range.

Its obvious that merges are what the majority of people want anyway. Maybe after 1.7 is out BW will have a moment to let us know their thoughts...

Yawn. This thread isn't about US servers guys if you wanna play there good but we don't care about what they are doing over there. Just merge our servers pls Bioware so we can play the game properly.

Quite so and I am not advocating that we should go to the US we should merge the AUS servers, what I am talking about is the worst case scenario.

Actually the + on my use of 150+ ping is the issue, because playing on Crucible pits I sat generally on 400 ping, and more recently on harbringer around 300.

But using my number of 150, that is about an 8th of second at best for my system to talk to the server on a tiny bit of data. Full stream of data and suddenly a quarter second is lost on the game, meaning I have to increase my lead in time for queuing the next action from a half second to a full second to keep up, at the cost of locking my next action in further ahead so I can't adapt as quickly with things like interupts. Specifically interupting the two second cast you mock in your next reply, I am down from having over a second to half a second to interupt.

Yay back to twitch based mechanics that the global cooldown is meant to specifically not make us suffer under.

At what point is your promise worth as much as Biowares. ihearthnyc?

Edited by odonoghuet

I believe server transfers are actually one of the options that have been proposed. Not sure why people are speaking as if a merger is the only option on the table.

I believe server transfers are actually one of the options that have been proposed. Not sure why people are speaking as if a merger is the only option on the table.

Eh did i say in my post that weren't an option? Think your just trolling now.

It makes a major difference in PvP. Basically you cannot compete in any class that uses timing. Interrupts for example often would become useless. I have pvp'd in similar games in US servers and its just not fair. You even end up with many american pvper's roling on the pretend Oceanic server because of the massive advantage it gives them. I remember once playing a Rogue in wow and I couldnt use my main attack Backstab in PvP because I was always a few meters behind where it looked on my screen so I was actually out of range.

Its obvious that merges are what the majority of people want anyway. Maybe after 1.7 is out BW will have a moment to let us know their thoughts...

I think this is just your opinion. I've always had 150-200 ping on Master Dar'nala, and I did just fine as a DPS sorcerer.

Anyways, you and I both really want the same thing so I won't get technical with the utility of going from 50 ping to 150 ping to 250 ping. But I don't think it helps anybody to give Bioware a reason to take another option away from us. We certainly don't want Bioware saying, "well, no server transfers because those guys don't want it anyway due to the ping."

Eh did i say in my post that weren't an option? Think your just trolling now.

Lol you wrote:

"Yawn. This thread isn't about US servers guys if you wanna play there good but we don't care about what they are doing over there. Just merge our servers pls Bioware so we can play the game properly."

Unless I'm completely confused, you are clearly implying that US servers is none of our business. Well certainly if transfers was something that you were considering as an option, it would be our business to know what it is like to play on the US servers.

Unless I'm completely confused, you are clearly implying that US servers is none of our business.

Yes you are confused. I am saying that most of us don't care what the US servers are like. Transfers to US servers from APAC aren't even open and this thread has very little to do with them :rolleyes:

Yes you are confused. I am saying that most of us don't care what the US servers are like. Transfers to US servers from APAC aren't even open and this thread has very little to do with them :rolleyes:

Have you even read the thread? There are multiple people who have also asked for a transfer specifically to US servers from the very beginning (not Dalborra or Gav D), and in fact have done so before even the idea of the creation of this thread formed on the Master Dar'nala forums. Many in fact have already chosen to reroll onto the US servers rather than Dalborra.

All options are and should be on the table instead you dictating a single course of action based on what you presume "most of us" care or do not care about.

By the way, this thread was created months ago. The situation has changed. By the time Bioware finally decides to do something, if ever, the populations across all 3 servesr may be so slow that a server merger may not even make a big difference. Given that uncertainty, there is no reason why we should not want all options on the table - mergers AND transfers for those who want to move elsewhere. And again, others have been saying this for quite some time. I'm surprised it's news to you.