Please BioWare, buff Vigilance.

Shadowsite

Vigilance is severly underpowered, and doesn't do much damage at all. It needs a buff. I'm full BM gear (2 WH pieces) and the most dmg I've ever been able to put out as Vigil is 238k in a Voidstar at that. Ok, since I'm not full WH maybe the dmg is decreased a little, but that doesn't go against the point. In this exact gear I put out 496k dmg as Focus. And my talent build as Vigilance is very well thought out, and as for my Rotation I use:

Leap>Sunder>Plasma Brand>Blade Storm(which is free due to Momentum)>Force Sweep>Overhead Slash>Push>Leap>Sunder.

So the only conclusion I can pull from this is: BUFF VIGILANCE!

Edited by Shadowsite

238k means the problem is with you. There isn't a single dps class that isn't capable of at least 500k on a voidstar.

Wrong. Just... just wrong. I posted my rotation and if you have any tips pls give them to me. And what classes do you play? And if you've never played Guardian or Vigil then you have no insight in the Vigil Guardian DPS, and shouldn't even post on this thread. IF you however play a Vigil Guardian and have a better rotation/build etc pls give it to me so I can see if the results change at all.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500MMZfMrRrhddhoZrM.2 this is the spec that I use, if you have a better one post it here

Edited by Shadowsite

ok so my main is a juggernaut, so I might use some of those spells to help you out. In a full fairly balanced game of voidstar you should be able to dish out about 400-500k damage. The most i've had as vig in a full voidstar was 700 with an added 400k prot.

Anyway the first thing I see wrong with your rotation is that you don't use masterstrike (ravage) right after leap. Masterstrike is your highest hitting attack as vigilance. You need to use it right after you leap all the time so that you:

1. Take advantage of unremitting and are immune to cc, so your master strike can't be interrupted.

2. Take advantage of the 4 piece pvp set bonus that gives you 10% damage after leap, thus buffing your master strike.

I have had times when 1 ravage took away 3/4 of the hp of a sage cause they didn't have bubble up.

Another issue is that you're wasting time with sunder in your initial rotation.

Your opener when everything is off cooldown should be: Saber throw (to put the stacks on the target) > leap > master strike (now this is the point where you have to make a split decision. If the target is around 1/2 HP you should use overhead slash (impale on imp) then blade storm free, and then execute. If the target is higher than 1/2 HP, go ahead and use plasma brand (w.e the 31 point talent is called) and then blade storm, overhead slash and so on)

Anyway hope this helps to improve your play a little bit, sorry I don't know the exact names for the vig knight skills.

Also this is my go to build for vig

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500MZfMrRrhddGkZG.2

You have plenty of focus as vig so you don't need sunder to build an extra focus, that's just a wasted talent. While the little boost and lower cooldown on sweep is nice, it should only be used as a filler in your rotation, so it really doesn't deserve the points.

Edited by AllanGand

Wrong. Just... just wrong. I posted my rotation and if you have any tips pls give them to me. And what classes do you play? And if you've never played Guardian or Vigil then you have no insight in the Vigil Guardian DPS, and shouldn't even post on this thread. IF you however play a Vigil Guardian and have a better rotation/build etc pls give it to me so I can see if the results change at all.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500MMZfMrRrhddhoZrM.2 this is the spec that I use, if you have a better one post it here

Open with saber throw then charge and master strike. There's no real set rotation for Vig guardians in pvp though. The fluidity and variety of attacks lends itself far better to a priority list of which master strike, auto crit dispatch and storm are at the top. I've seen a lit of players bemoan their gear or rotation as the reason for poor performance, but the reality is they simply don't manage the gcd and CDs well. A video would be a lot of help in giving you specific advice. Vig isn't going to put out more then focus ever, but it's a lot more fun.

Ok so I have been playing Vig since launch and I will say Vig is a little just a little under powered. Ok and here is why post 1.3.

The vigilance is a disadvantage if you can't open the fight with a leap.

Gunslinges and snipers can't be leaped. A well played sniper can kill you every time. You defences do not out last there energy/ burst and the vig need to ramp up focus and get past there defences abd stuns. I play a gunslinger ss tree and i can say for a fact the gunslinger wins period. Stealthers can't be leaped while in stelth. Both operaticves assasians open a fight with full energy and have the burst and stuns to take you down befor they run out of enery.

Now PT/sorcesor. A fight with a well played sorcesor will always end with them running away. A PT if well played can LOS you pillers bunker steps ect and take advantage of the enery and burst. While you are ramping they have the burst to take you down.

Now these are ex of when you will lose the fight. In each ex you can not open with leap and need to generate focus and will die before you can get into your attacks let the burns have an effect and use focused defence.

Notice I said at the start post 1.3 The lower the ttk the weaker the VIG becomes.

Where the Vig is awsome is in larger longer fights. It will never top damage!!! My rotation is Force leap MS-sunder-PB-OHS-BS- sunder-Guardian leap- taunt sunder-Force sweep-- slow -sunder- I do take momentum and good use of force focus and this works well obviously use dispatch and choose targets wisely and you can top kills!

Further more. I stated Vig is underpowered. With the current TTk The burst classses just burst people down and can change the body count in a fight befor a vig can get into there strengths, longer fight where you out last you opponents. Which is why in a win you can have 1/2 the top damage and be #1 in kills. Vig is a front runner right now

In the current enviroment the vig need a few things.Any of the following would help

One If a player is effected by burn your slow should cause a .5 sec root.

Master strike have the same effect as Combat sent that MS has a root effect.

Combined gather strength and defiance and make new talent which make PB tick twice as fast when stuned or rooted. (the nerf to defiance was to help sages but made us even worse vs snipers)

Give Vig spamable sunder. So when caught flat footed and needing to generate focus we can D up use 3 sunders and begin a counter offensive.

As it stands vig is great at collecting medals but week at turnig the tides of a fight.