Returning player, question about SGR.

Kaelysto

I started the game February of 2012, played for a bit, but became engrossed in grad school and too busy to play.

Stumbled upon some stuff about SGR (same-gender romance) being added with the Hutt Cartel DLC when I was reading up on some Mass Effect 3 stuff (I've played pretty much every Bioware game going back to Neverwinter). This piqued my interested as a gaymer. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find much specifics on it, mainly just articles writing about the ****-storm created by the inclusion from both sides (complaints about "pandering" to us gay folk and then us gay folk complaining about a gay ghetto behind a pay-wall). I can't find specifics of what is actually included. What I really want to know, is if we now have a same-gender romanceable companion. Documentation seems to be sparse-to-nonexistant, so I figured I'd try here.

Thanks in advance for any input!

I started the game February of 2012, played for a bit, but became engrossed in grad school and too busy to play.

Stumbled upon some stuff about SGR (same-gender romance) being added with the Hutt Cartel DLC when I was reading up on some Mass Effect 3 stuff (I've played pretty much every Bioware game going back to Neverwinter). This piqued my interested as a gaymer. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find much specifics on it, mainly just articles writing about the ****-storm created by the inclusion from both sides (complaints about "pandering" to us gay folk and then us gay folk complaining about a gay ghetto behind a pay-wall). I can't find specifics of what is actually included. What I really want to know, is if we now have a same-gender romanceable companion. Documentation seems to be sparse-to-nonexistant, so I figured I'd try here.

Thanks in advance for any input!

None of the companion characters are gay or bi-sexual. None of the characters that were around before 2.0 are gay or bi-sexual.

The only gay/bi-sexual characters in the game currently are two NPCs on Makeb (one for each faction) and a few of the Underworld Informants that are part of the monthly Bounty Brokers Association (Bounty Hunter) event. These characters are easy to spot, since they will have a "[Flirt]" option for the same species. (Also, I would believe they are easier to code and do voice overs for than straight characters, since the conversation is the same no matter what the player's gender is.)

Well that's disappointing and unfortunate. Even worse, after some more digging I found that the M-M romance option is on the Empire side. My character is Republic, so I wont even get to experience it.

Oh well. I'll play this month I've already played for and see how I like things. Up in the air whether or not I'll stay subscribed.

FWIW, there were [Flirt] options in some of the cutscenes for the Bounty Hunter event, if you got the right "informant" during the Henchman bounties. As I recall there was one male and one female informant with that option (and one or two of each without it). Not much going on, though, just a little "come here let me whisper in your ear" bit. But it was there regardless of whether you were playing a male or female character. Edited by Adric_the_Red