The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 01: Vodo-Siosk Baas vs. Master Thon

Aurbere

Hmmm, that is a good point. While Baas' acrobatics and agility put him in a position to keep on the constant offensive, he might just tire out. But I think we need to properly assess the sever force ability, can it just be used anytime anywhere?

Nah, I think it requires the opponent being defeated in combat(thus weakened), captured or what have you. Otherwise...anyone with the ability, wouldn't even need to fight any Jedi or Sith. Unless of course, the opponent using it just severely outclasses the latter in power.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't really see how Thon can use a lightsaber...I guess TK fighting, but then that is just speculation...I don't think there is actual evidence of him using a lightsaber, he seems to just use his body so it seems rather moot to give him a lightsaber.

"Thon was a Jedi Weapon Master,[36] and although he was capable of wielding a lightsaber, when it came time for Nomi to build her own weapon, he brought her before Vodo-Siosk Baas for instruction in the matter."

~ Wookiepedia

Furthermore, Thon was a cunning strategist, and would sometimes "play possum" to lure in his enemies, so he can probably out think Baas as well as outlasting him in combat.

EDIT: Basically, Thon seems to be capable of using a lightsaber if he wants to, and is a weapon master so he must be knowledgeable and skilled with it.

Edited by Ventessel

"Thon was a Jedi Weapon Master,[36] and although he was capable of wielding a lightsaber, when it came time for Nomi to build her own weapon, he brought her before Vodo-Siosk Baas for instruction in the matter."

~ Wookiepedia

Furthermore, Thon was a cunning strategist, and would sometimes "play possum" to lure in his enemies, so he can probably out think Baas as well as outlasting him in combat.

Ya but as said, there isn't actual evidence of him using one. Stated that he can use one sure....but without evidence that could just be an error or speculation.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Hmmm, that is a good point. While Baas' acrobatics and agility put him in a position to keep on the constant offensive, he might just tire out.

Actually, he probably won't tire out. Vodo-Siosk Baas has the ability to use Battlemind, an ability that fortifies a Jedi's will and allows him to keep fighting despite fatigue. Consider it a major adrenaline rush.

Actually, he probably won't tire out. Vodo-Siosk Baas has the ability to use Battlemind, an ability that fortifies a Jedi's will and allows him to keep fighting despite fatigue. Consider it a major adrenaline rush.

Yeah, but Thon is a dinosaur, I don't see him running out of energy anytime soon either. So while Baas can hold fatigue at bay for a long time, it will eventually hit him like a tidal wave.

However, Baas can hold his own with Exar Kun (even if briefly) so his dueling abilities shoudn't be underestimated. However, Thon is very powerful in Force, as demonstrated by his ability to defeat many Sith spirits and so forth.

After an intense battle aboard Exis Station, Master Thon proved that the best offense is a good defense in his victory over Vodo-Siosk Baas.

The next battle will be between the co-founder of Darth Revan's Sith Empire and The Destroyer of Melldia.

Edited by Aurbere

Now there's a match I'm gonna enjoy...

(No offence, I just don't like the first rounds characters :p)

That's fine. I didn't expect a lot from this round (don't ask me why :p). I'm sure the second match will attract a whole lot more attention. I probably won't even have to get involved :D